How was this accepted?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

KAS
Aficionado
Aficionado

How was this accepted?

Post by KAS »

Take a look at this (2006) UK patent.

How was this accepted?

And there was me - concerned about gravity wheel applications for fear of rejection.
Attachments
GRAVITY ENGINE.pdf
(32.28 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.�

Quote By Max Planck father of Quantum physics 1858 - 1947
KAS
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: How was this accepted?

Post by KAS »

Sorry, that last link didn't work

try this.

http://v3.espacenet.com/origdoc?DB=EPOD ... =GB2417307
“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.�

Quote By Max Planck father of Quantum physics 1858 - 1947
digitaljez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by digitaljez »

Ha. Ha. The old Leonardo da Smith wheel. Can a patent be revoked if it is discovered to be a 'rediscovery' after the fact ? Perhaps they approved it so any patent search would dissuade others from applying for the same design. I can imagine them being innundated with the same old designs day in, day out and allowing this to ease their workload.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

A patent application will be accepted for anything at all - no questions asked and no fear of rejection.

Several years ago, when I was in my prime, I applied for the tendered position of head neurologist at a prestigious private hospital. The offered salary was wild! My application was accepted but I didn't get the job.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Patent APPLICATIONS are now routinely published (made available to read) at about 18 months in most countries.

A lowly file clerk accepts your patent APPLICATION when you send it to the patent office. He/she puts it into a file folder and accepts the patent fee.

If you look on the last page (pg. 11) you will see the results of the patent search. It lists five other patents that indicate that the application lacks novelty or inventive step. This is grounds for rejection.

COMBAY http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPOD ... 044393&F=0
Abstract of GB2044393
The present invention pertains to an apparatus comprising a horizontal shaft (1) which rests on at least two bearings (2), said shaft carrying excentrically tubular rings (5) distributed along and angularly spaced around the shaft to assure its balance during rotation, at least one heavy ball of which the diameter is slightly smaller than the inner diameter of the tubular ring and being located inside each of said rings, a disc (8) having spokes (9) which can co-operate with a tyre (11) of a wheel (10) which through a gear (15) is drivingly connected to an electric motor/generator device.
HESKETT http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPOD ... 447737&F=0
Abstract of GB447737
447,737. Self - driving machines. HESKETT, T. J., 11, May Road, Toorak, Victoria, Australia. Aug. 20, 1934, No. 23957. Void [Abridged as open to inspection under Sect. 91 of the Acts, March 6, 1935]. [Class 10] A shaft 1 supported in standards 2 is driven on the right hand side by an electric motor, not shown, and is stated to deliver from the left hand side more power than is put into it. The shaft 1 carries a friction wheel 5 engaging a ring of balls 7 engaging fixed races 9, 9a and a ring of smaller balls 10 engaging rotatable races 12, 12a engaging a ring of small balls 13 engaging a ring of larger balls 14 running on races 16, 16a in a fixed casing 29. Races 9a, 12a, 16a are axially adjustable to vary the pressure on the balls.
GOODWIN http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPOD ... 332184&F=0
Abstract of GB332184
332,184. Goodwin, J. Jan. 15. 1930. Self-driving machines.-A self-driving motor comprises a spiral track c in which balls e run from the centre to the circumference and are then returned by a side track to the centre. The balls may be replaced by plain or toothed rollers or by mercury. A brake and a flywheel are provided.
COWAN http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPOD ... 040018&F=0
Abstract of GB2040018
A rotary device comprises a spiral track 3 which may or may not be tubular, and a plurality of runners such as balls 4 which run within the track, the outer turn of the track being connected to its inner turn so that the runners are constrained to follow an endless path, and the track being mounted by means of a hub 2 on a shaft 1 which is mounted for rotation in bearings on a stand. A fan may be attached to the shaft to direct cooling air on to the spiral track and the track and runners may have a variety of cross sectional shapes. Various cooling and lubricating arrangements may be employed and the device may be constructed from a variety of materials.
(LEE) KR01088605 A is not in ESP@CEnet data base.

ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

I note that all of the other devices that were listed in the patent (thanks to Jim for posting them) are also "rolling sphere" type machines.

Bessler had a dim view of such devices and, after Count Karl's death, mentioned that he helped prevent Karl from buying such a device from another mobilist by exposing it as unworkable.

From my study of these types of devices it is obvious to me why none can work. To put it simply...they do not work because, ordinarily, a spherical weight will not roll uphill by itself. IF someone could manage to get such a weight to roll uphill by itself, then these devices would all be workable.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ