This forum has been quiet lately, so....

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Gravmaster2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This forum has been quiet lately, so....

Post by Gravmaster2000 »

This is the calm before the storm flurry of working wheels (A nice mental image there),or everyone is out hunting turkeys, or you are all playing with your WII...........or your PS3 :*)

Which is it, folks? (Happy thanksgiving!)
I hope to see something work soon-by someone!!

All hail Mighty Mouse! (Just don't get me angry!)
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: This forum has been quiet lately, so....

Post by rlortie »

Happy THanksgiving to you to Grav, and to all the other members as well!

Yes it is the lull after the storm. The post count average has certainly dropped since the ascension. But for what it is worth, I find that most of the new posts are of context to subject matter. This pleases me.

I now find that I have more time to actually do something constructive, rather than spend so much time here on the forum.

Also I hope that some of the members who left this site and have been communicating with me by private mail will soon return. My individual reply's also eat up a lot of time. NOTE! this does not include those of which I am working on confidential designs.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who recognize this Holiday. And to our Canadian friends who also have a Holiday on this day I wish them well also.

Ralph
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Yes.. I think a lot are contemplating & enjoying the benefits of a less 'complicated' & time consuming forum since the 'one who shall remain nameless' packed up his toys & went to play in another sandpit.

There will be an initial hiatus while people catch their breath before contributors feel like indulging 'on topic' again. JMO.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Happy Thanksgiving to all who recognize this Holiday. And to our Canadian friends who also have a Holiday on this day I wish them well also.
The Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving ???
What do they call it Ralph ?

There will be an initial hiatus while people catch their breath before contributors feel like indulging 'on topic' again. JMO.
Fletcher :
I personally felt quite disturbed by the whole episode and since so many old timers seem to have quit posting and with the appearance of many new faces it had me wondering if I belonged here anymore.
This forum should be a pleasant place to visit, let's all try to be nice.

Graham
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Graham,

My mistake on the Canadian holiday. It is St. Andrews Day and it falls on the 30th this year.

Ralph
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

I agree Graham. I felt the same way. I was more than disappointed that so many of the 'valued' old guard had given up visiting here thru shear exasperation & frustration. They often had helpful & insightful comments to make which could only collectively progress our quest. They had a lot of experience & hands on time to call on as well as sharp intellect.

Now there is an opportunity for those still interested in duplicating Bessler's feats to discuss & share information without the distraction of personality politics & ego's which imo has no place here. This is Scott's site & we are here at his invitation & should abide by his rules which are for the benefit of everyone here.

I too hope that the likes of Stewart, Ed, Jonathan, Grim & many others will now find it a forum that they want to visit again. That's about all I'm going to say.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tomorrow my two grandaughters will be amoung the nearly 8000 people in Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in New York City broadcast live on national TV. They are part of the 500 dancers in the Mike Miller Dance Team that will be dancing in front ot the Santa Claus float.

This is Shelle's second time in the parade and Tessa's first. Both have been dancing since they were very little.

Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Hi Graham. Of course we celebrate thanksgiving, but we do it in October.
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

I personally don't visit the forum as often, because I am waiting for some parts to come to finish my prototype.

I'll be back after with success or failure.

I just hope that the forum will not morph itself into a "oupower" forum...

(oupower dedicated to H2 generation is now in an infinite circular loop discussing the same idea over and over)...
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Speaking of being morphed out! What is it with these spam threads, Three subjects today alone. Why is this happening all of a sudden? Did Besslerwheel.com make it to a commercial mailing list?

This keeps up, Scott will have to consider putting "Off- Topic" in a member only index. But then again that would only stop them after the first post. And then he would have to block them on a daily basis.

Any proficient computer programmers out there that can figure out how to stop this. And why are we seeing this grow on a daily basis?

Ralph
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

This is off topic off topic but I was wondering if anyone noticed an increase in the cops in their areas aon and around Nov. 23? There was a lot over here. Both Nov. ( 11 ) and 23 are prime numbers. The 11 in Sept. 11th is of course the same prime number, and the number 23 is the ninth prime number. ( Sept. also being nine ) Since it's been noted that terrorism might be playing with number significance it got me curious after noticing the number of cops on that day.
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Ralph,

Put Off-Topic for members only and when members register, I would ask a random question (like what is 1+1...) about something very easy and the user must choose from a to f as an answer.. If he gets the correct answer, then, he can sign-up..

That should do it!
justalabrat
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by justalabrat »

Test post.