Joe Newman's turn!

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

rlortie
Addict
Addict

Joe Newman's turn!

Post by rlortie »

What goes around comes around, It is now time for Joseph Newman to be back in the spot light!

Something about fulfilling a promise he made in April, problem is Joe has been promising for approximately 20 years that I am aware of.

Lots of reading here with a number of links posted at the bottom, enough to keep you occupied for a while.
http://www.josephnewman.com/

Ralph
GadgetGeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by GadgetGeek »

I read through several reports and watched his videos. It would be a shame if he actually had something, and the world ignored him because of his attitude (comes across like Mr. T).

My biggest concern since reading his info, is how the patent office is going to treat anyone who comes up with a working wheel. Newman's biggest complaint is that he can't reveal his design until the patent is granted, and the patent office refuses.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

All that Joe Newman needs to do to prove that he has something that works is to install them in a number of homes providing all the heat and electricity to power those homes for a few months. Instead he keeps suckering people out of their hard earned cash promising them the pie in the sky, while he delivers nothing.

Ant
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Joe Newman's turn!

Post by Ant »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYo1QlvK5g
Published on 23 Mar 2012

The undeniable truth Tested, Documented, Replicated, Scrutinized and Notarized by 40 Scientists at NASA, Yale, ASU, MIT and Organizations all over the world EXCEPT the US Patent Office? WOW! No Conspiracy here everybody, nothing to see here, everybody move along.... LOOK, Squirrel!
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

This story is kind of deja vue...
There is him, a mix of stubborn, idiot and delirium pre-millionaire inventor!
Soon he'll be killed by oil guys and we'll be waiting for other 300 years!
If he was really smart and if he really has a project, he should already open it to all.
Best!
M
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Ant's link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYo1QlvK5g
Does not impress me, or change my impression of Joe Newman and his decade's old rhetoric.

My first observation showing the use of a Sludge pump with a large area diaphragm meaning for low PSI. The water intake is within inches of the pump intake, and the discharge or return is lower than the pump intake. this shows that the unit is not capable of producing a "head" (pump water up a standpipe) and is almost to the point of being a siphon cycle.

His high pressure sales pitch demo of the voltage measured at the capacitor can be duplicated with an automotive ignition coil picked up at any auto recycle yard.

I could elaborate farther with my 20 plus years of knowledge regarding Newman and stories of those that have worked/assisted him until they finally woke up and revealed him for the fraudulent motives he has pursued.

Ralph
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

jim_mich wrote:...he keeps suckering people out of their hard earned cash promising them the pie in the sky, while he delivers nothing...
There's a name for it. Fraud.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Did I write that? Oh, yes, that five year ago. No wonder I don't remember. That was a long time ago.

Ant
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Ant »

Sounds familiar - SEG for example (Searl Effect Generator). Now that I have personal experience over.

My late partner Lee and I got interested and involved, but saw through it when he started demanding cash, that neither of us was prepared to do. I uploaded a load of videos of him on youtube from an old VHS tape I was about to throw out. A bit ironic from the comments, but I actually put it there so anyone could see what he was, if they looked.

I was interested in the math Searl was trying to apply. When we were involved we saw our main purpose as translating his books into a readable format. We put the math into an excel file and I spent lots of time over the years making it bigger, looking, plotting patterns and extracting ideas from the raw data.

It was John Collins belief that Bessler actually made one that convinced me in the possibility of a mechanical gravity wheel. JC visited Lee in glastonbury years ago when he was looking to sell his first book.

I wonder what physics process Newman uses to make a motor run on the presence of voltage and not consumption of amps? He does talk about the coils of wire inside very briefly. Appears the machine has 12 fingers seen near 36:27.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Hi Ant, I trust you are well, I have fond memories of Lee and you and our meetings at Glastonbury. Happy Christmas.

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
Ant
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Ant »

All goes reasonably well thanks. I trust you are well. Seasons greetings to you too.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Not related to Joe Newman but forum member Jon J Hutton sent me this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwTPwIcS ... creen&NR=1

Good example of a "snail cam". As for closing the loop on a "SMOT" with or without use of a ball, making for perpetual motion, I leave up to the viewer.

Excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Mag ... runity_Toy
Perpetual motion ("over-unity") has not been achieved with a SMOT. While it has been demonstrated that the ball can be cycled from the starting point of one SMOT to the starting point of a second SMOT (and third and fourth)[2] nobody has yet cycled the ball back to the first SMOT, which would be necessary for the system to run continuously (at least, until the ball or track wore out or the magnets become too weak to overcome friction).
If interested you can find more from our mutual source, Simanek!

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/smot.htm

Ralph
Jon J Hutton
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Jon J Hutton »

The real question here is can this be replicated.....It looks like a very simple system. I am always very skeptical when I see someone place their work on paper covering a table or bench....but from all I know about the evolution of this type of mechanism. It looks like the loop has finally been closed.

Interested in hearing what others think. Thanks ralph for posting it here.

JJH
Euphoria, Big dreams, Oooops I forgot about that, Recalculate, Bad words edited out, Depression, Tare up everything, I wonder what would happen if I changed.......Yes!, Euphoria, .......
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Has Joseph Newman's death been mentioned in the forum?

I'm not sure if I hadn't heard about it at all or whether I had just somehow forgotten. I can't find very many places online that even address it, but he apparently has died according to wikipedia.

I looked it up after seeing someone's youtube comment.

Anyway, apparently he died March 6 of 2015, which would have been about 2 years and 3 months ago now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Westley_Newman

While looking for information, I found this link to a review of a recent documentary about him:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review ... iew-842237

He certainly had my attention about 30 years ago. I first saw him on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and then later read some magazine articles about him and his "Energy Machine." Wow, how time flies. I've checked and his website is gone, too.

Dwayne

ETA: Here's an interview with the documentary film maker. He said that Newman dismantled his motor before he died and that he died of congestive heart failure.

"Q&A with Jon Fox on his film NEWMAN at STF docs Winter 2016"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oKPvpkL4zg

Another link:

http://hamptonsfilmfest.org/features/qa ... of-newman/
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

I'd highly recommend watching the Newman documentary. It had lots of original footage from when he first started gaining media attention and even other behind the scenes footage from the same time period.

There was also video of his earlier devices which I would have loved to have seen back in the day. I tried pretty hard to find that info back then, but I was limited to a few magazine interviews and a couple of news reports, maybe.

The documentary also had interviews with people involved from the start - the original reporter, his lawyer, the actual commissioner of patents from back then, and some of the engineers and financial backers who were siding with him originally.

The first time I heard of Joe Newman was with his 1986 Tonight Show appearance. By that time he had already spent several years (if not more) trying go get his patent.

The documentary maker focused on Newman's claims and his battle with the patent office. It was surprising to me, though, to see how many engineers actually seemed to think he had something (and still think so!) after looking at his device.

It showed Newman the year before he died, too, talking with the documentary producer and to a fellow who was willing to invest and build a Newman motor for him. He got angry about this and cussed them both out while acting like an out of control drunk, sort of, though it was probably more due to mental issues.

When the documentary maker agreed to end their involvement at Newman's insistance, Newman managed to resist punching him, apparently, but did grab him by the arm and pulled him out of his chair or something like that.

It was pretty sad to see, really.

I'm convinced Newman actually believed he had what he claimed. It's a shame that it all ended the way it did, though.

I wonder how much was his fault and how much was due to others. With so many educated people believing him, it probably made it easier for him to believe that the patent office and others really were out to thwart him personally - which may have then made him more and more paranoid and angry.

I personally think that those engineers who publicly attested that he had something are greatly to blame. If he really did have something, they should have helped him to close the loop, so to speak, for he was lacking in that sort of ability. If he didn't have something, they should have done rigorous enough tests to actually know that for sure and make it quite clear.

I've intentionally avoided trying to replicate his device myself so that I could focus on my own ideas, but my ideas may be similar in some ways to his and If one of my own ideas were to actually work, it might show that some of what he was claiming might be in the realm of possibility.

He lost his family and his home and to some extent his mind, it seems, before he finally gave up the ghost.

With my electrical engineering training along with the time I spent working in the switch mode computer power supply design groups at IBM, I would have likely had the ability to have fully analyzed one of his machines if I had had access to one. Now, I may never really know.

I would have liked to have seen what those original engineers saw that excited them so much. Was it due to measurement error or did he actually have something of interest?

Of course, maybe they were all just a bunch of dunder heads. Who can say? ...but they did seem to be rather well spoken for dunder heads.

Dwayne
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.