Motivation and Duration

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

GadgetGeek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Motivation and Duration

Post by GadgetGeek »

As a new member of this forum, I was wondering how long some of you have been attempting to solve this puzzle and what your motivation is.

I'll go first:

I built my first two designs just over a year ago, and was disappointed to see them balance. Then, I had two new ideas which took me almost a year to get all of the parts and to build it. Only yesterday did I discover that it too will balance! The good news is now I have a nice collection of parts to try other designs.

I started looking into an alternative source of energy as gas exceeded $3 per gallon here in the USA.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Motivation and Duration

Post by rlortie »

I started when gas exceeded $.37 per Gallon :-)

Ralph
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

I started when it was four shillings and six pence a gallon. That's about 23 pence or $.13!

John
KAS
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by KAS »

I sketched my first Gravity Wheel when I was 17. That was over 32 Years ago. I was ridiculed for doing so by my lecturer at the time.
That was also my first experience of the contempt that acedemia holds against this subject

Kas
“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.�

Quote By Max Planck father of Quantum physics 1858 - 1947
evgwheel
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by evgwheel »

My experience was similar to Kas’s. (circa 1960) The worst part was at that time I was ridiculed by my teacher and classmates, although none of them could explain, why it wouldn’t work. I did work out why it didn’t work after a few months, and that made me feel worse.
Over the last 40 plus years I have discovered a (almost) fool prove way of finding a way to know if your idea works. Lock up your drawing, work on other ideas then after a few months have another look at your old idea and most of the time you’ll see straight of where your went wrong. But it isn’t as much fun as thinking you did it, all what it needs is just a little tweak.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

I have been at it since 1957.

I believe what we need is a basic primer for new members. A list of basic things to look for that have been tried and proven to fail.

First Bessler made it clear that an out-of- balance wheel based on weight displacement is futile!

IMO; Any gathering of weights close to the axle on the ascending side will always out weigh the lower number extended on the descending side. This holds true whether the weights are in cells, attached to levers, spokes, cross bars.or by rope that is pulling from a fixed pivot point.

One exception to this rule may be found if one uses a lever/cross bar where as the ascending weight is resting or cantilevered close to the axle (MT 137) Getting it there is another problem!

There are many more descriptions or concepts that can be added to this list. For those who feel it worthwhile please add their thoughts.

Ralph
barksalot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by barksalot »

Come october this year it will be 3 years ago at age 48 that I found out about bessler during at google search of alternative energy.

Did not take long after reading about him that I was convinced he was legit.

At that time I was looking for a hobby and was making shaker style country chairs also had made a couple of weaving looms for making the straping for them.

Well that got pushed aside, I had found a new hobby.

Mike
bluesgtr44
Devotee
Devotee

Post by bluesgtr44 »

Only been at this for 2 years. My Mother-in-laws second husband messed with it about 20 years ago. I remember seeing his contraption and chuckling a bit. I was about 28 yrs. old and still full of my education at the time and thought he was nuts.

I was looking around an anti-gravity site showing some lifter crafts, as they are called, and while jumping around....I came across this Bessler guy...read the story and really thought it was just a myth. Well, I found out it wasn't! That is what the drive for me is, he did it....I really think it was real, whether we split hairs over real PPM or mechanical, the contraption was driven from within....and if he could do it....so can I....LMAO!

Steve
Finding the right solution...is usually a function of asking the right questions. -A. Einstein
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Saw leonado da vinci's drawings of PM in the encyclopedia Britannica when I was about 12. Never forgot them. 26 years later [about 10 years ago] I saw an article in Nexus magazine on John Collins book 'PM-AAMS?'. Needed a distraction/hobby I guess, so after ordering it & reading it I was pretty well convinced JB was the real deal. I tried various experiments on & off in my garage workshop for the next 7 years, often late at night when everyone had gone to bed - built 2 wheels that didn't work over that period - learnt a lot about what it means to 'trade width for height' in OOB wheels & the conservative nature of gravity.

About 3 years ago I wanted to give up smoking [needed a complete distraction to get emersed in] so I emailed JC asking him if there was any discussion site about Bessler. He pointed me here - I spent 3 weeks full time back reading every topic & comment - found a wealth of other people with similar practical experiences & flawed theories to my own past attempts. New immediately that this site would be motivational i.e. "learn from others mistakes as there are far too many to make yourself in just your lifetime" - tried to contribute intelligibly where I could & share failed concepts, as a prop for group learning. Been at it almost full time for the last 3 years.

P.S. Firstly, the motivation is to solve the intellectual puzzle first & foremost. Secondly, if that should happen [by whomever], to see if the concept can be leveraged to be more useful in todays power hungry economies. Thirdly, to offer a credible alternative to todays power generation technologies [though I suspect it would not be much more 'on demand' useful than the output of wind & solar energies, as they currently stand & therefore likely a supplementary energy source]. Lastly, if I were to discover the concept that works [independently of the inertia of this discussion board] I would quite like to at least reduce my borrowings & perhaps not have to work again in the traditional sense.

I would take steps to ensure that the basic concept was at least understood by some trusted members so that the bottom line would be that the idea would still be disseminated widely should something untoward happen to me. There are a lot of experiments yet to be done before I could allow myself to seriously contemplate even any of the above ;)
fatspidr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fatspidr »

When I was 10, my father bought an arc welder. Since he was a carpenter, it seemed odd that he'd need a stick welder. But he was bitten by the bug. He whipped up some different contraptions, learned a bit of physics by observation and finally got back to the real world of raising a family. We teased him and called his wheels Robbie the Robot. Now he's teasing me.

It's certainly hereditary. When I was bitten by the bug a couple of years ago, I was putting together a few ideas and my father told me that his grandfather was also a PMM seeker that had a few non-runners in the shed on the family farm.

For me, I've been exposed to the bug for about 32 years now, but the virus has only been active for 2.

I can't imagine the difficulty of going through configuration after configuration, whipping up non-runners that had been proven to be non-runners, but all the wheelers didn't know of each other's failures and what to avoid. I'm blessed with the extra education in math and physics and the ability to research so many different attempts on the interweb. It's so much easier these days to eliminate the unworkable from the possible.

To think that my great grandfather was making his attempts before they had electric tools, before they had electricity on the farm is quite impressive. One wonders how much progress he would have made with power tools and knowledge of all the configurations of non-runners before he made his first attempt.

If Bessler wheel was real, and with all the information that's available at our fingertips, one of us should be able to crack this nut in the near future.
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

I've been at it for about 22 years. I initially experimented with permanent magnets after reading about a guy by the name of Howard Johnson and his alleged permanent magnet driven motor.
While reading up on the subject I happened across an account of Bessler and his wheels. This Guy Bessler really DID IT.
I was hooked, and have been searching for the answer ever since. Mind you, I'm not in the workshop every day building ideas, sometimes it might be a year or more before I have an idea that seems worthy of checking out. But hardly a day goes by without my mind wandering back to the problem and a possible solution.

My motivation is mainly curiosity, no, it's totally curiosity and stubbornness.

I think most inventors invent because they look for a solution to a need, financial gain if any is just the gravy.

Graham
BIBLEAL

Post by BIBLEAL »

I heard about Bessler about 3 years ago from my brother Patrick.
Did the research to know that yes Bessler did create a gravity powered wheel . After four months trying to figure out the clues ,My mind was too fogged up and I gave up. A few months later I decided to try to build a model so I built a 5 foot wheel like MT 24. The peacock tail. It was a good learning experience and when I was finished I had a fairly well equipped machine shop and woodworking shop of equipment and tools. Including lots of wheel parts. Besslers many clues and codes are certainly a challenge. In the movie National Treasure, John Vought says " There is always another dam clue" This so applies to Besslers wheel. I have seen the movie about eight times now. To my credit I have had a good track record of solving many puzzles over the years relating to events in the Bible that have never been solved. ( I have been a bible historian for about the past 15 years.) So I shall endeavor to keep working at the solution to making a wheel that turns by gravity.
winkle
Devotee
Devotee

Post by winkle »

essler used a fair amount of scripture
To my credit I have had a good track record of solving many puzzles over the years relating to events in the Bible that have never been solved. ( I have been a bible historian for about the past 15 years.)
could you expand on this just a bit
i am curious as to possibly a couple of examples of the puzzles you speak of in the scriptures that you have resolved
Bessler seems to have used a fair amount of scripture and that may help a knowledgeable person in the search for his secret
the uneducated

if your gona be dumb you gota be tough

Who need drugs when you can have fatigue toxins and caffeine