How many wheels have you actually built ?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Approx 50 by computer

You may select 1 option

View results

Jon J Hutton
Aficionado
Aficionado

How many wheels have you actually built ?

Post by Jon J Hutton »

Thought this would be a good poll to see how much we are relying on computer design versus sweating it out in the wood shop. You can check the box that relates to your computer attempts then check the box that relates to your actual shop work.
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

Post by MrTim »

I build my wheels out of balsa strips (about 5 so far.) 2 ft diameter, takes a lot of punishment, weighs about an ounce.

[edit] I should clarify that I have a couple boxes of already-made mechanism parts (saved from previous attempts) that I can arrange into whatever configuration and fit into the wheel frame (making everything re-usable :), in which case we're talking hundreds of design attempts (instead of the literal 5 wheels built, which I thought the poll was asking....)
Last edited by MrTim on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: How many wheels have you actually built ?

Post by Fletcher »

Built 4 or 5 real world wheels [complete build - not just testing componentry].

Ticked approx 100 computer builds as the lowest number available [all were to test componentry or an idea in part, but no complete wheel as such, as nothing so far has panned out in sim world that showed OU]. In reality I have well over 1000 computer files of ideas & variations of the same idea but probably only 20 or so significantly different to be called originals.

But if you were to ask how many distinctly different/novel ideas/approaches [in both mediums] I have had, I would say fewer than a handful that I thought showed any real imagination & were imo demonstrably different than any other idea found in the "museum of unworkable devices". Even then I might be over estimating by a factor of two if I was really to study them all in detail.
wikiwheel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by wikiwheel »

I have had about six original ideas that I have not seen elsewhere, but there is only one general theme that I keep returning to and which they all relate to; that is: that there is something that moves, but it doesn't unbalance the wheel that it rides on. I can't get away from it.

Mik
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

re: How many wheels have you actually built ?

Post by AB Hammer »

I have built bout 12, counting counting the test ones to see what happens. I am in the prosses of rebuidling 2 that should show power and will be rebuilding another one using brass and stained wood for show that I will use for a clock motor, for that is all its good for as far as I can tell.
As for drawing out blueprint type. I am up to 26 origanel patterns at this time and I wish I could spend all my time working on them, but I got to eat.