WM2d wheel gains energy and speed, uses the centrifugal force.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

broli
Aficionado
Aficionado

WM2d wheel gains energy and speed, uses the centrifugal forc

Post by broli »

The wheel is simple. Gravity is off and the weight can slide along the green slot. at it's right is a rope. When it starts to rotate the centrifugal force pulls the rope which then cause the wheel to rotate. That was the plan at least.

http://ziosproject.com/NJ/CFwheel.wm2d

Again no gravity is involved, you just crank the wheel in the beginning for a bit and stop. It then starts to increase in both energy and speed. So what's going on here.
Attachments
CFwheel.PNG
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Oh my god ! That's nice !

I've activated air resistance and reduced the 1000kg mass to 100kg .. It still worked..

I then removed your rope and put a rope on the other side of the weight to see if it would slow down, AND IT DID ! ..

That mean this is promising ...
broli
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by broli »

I also added a light pin friction and it seems to keep going.

PS: File is edited with friction and 100kg weight.

PPS: If the accuracy is as high as 1.000.000 steps/s it slows down with the friction things. But without them it still increase in energy.
broli
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: WM2d wheel gains energy and speed, uses the centrifugal

Post by broli »

What I don't get is why wm2d doesn't always show the force according to the line of action. This seems to happen with heavy weights or something. Since if you visualize the force acting on the point in the above file you'll see that the force doesn't act on the line of action which is impossible.

This isn't something bad. Since this means in "real life" you'd get a force that always acts on the line of action. But in this case it could make the simulation underpowered.

Btw here's an example...

http://ziosproject.com/NJ/forceProb.wm2d
Attachments
forceProb.PNG
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

re: WM2d wheel gains energy and speed, uses the centrifugal

Post by LustInBlack »

Hmm that means we shouldn't trust wm2d, since this could very well end up in upper limits in the program as a whole ..
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Re: re: WM2d wheel gains energy and speed, uses the centrifugal

Post by Fletcher »

broli wrote:What I don't get is why wm2d doesn't always show the force according to the line of action. This seems to happen with heavy weights or something. Since if you visualize the force acting on the point in the above file you'll see that the force doesn't act on the line of action which is impossible.

This isn't something bad. Since this means in "real life" you'd get a force that always acts on the line of action. But in this case it could make the simulation underpowered.

Btw here's an example...

http://ziosproject.com/NJ/forceProb.wm2d
Changed the rods out, increased the accuracy to 200 fps instead of 20 fps. Activated vectors (changed vector lengths to fit on page). Added vectors for the pivot (highlight and select vector), and for the masses themselves.

Result : Total vector forces ARE in alignment with the rod to mass constraint, as it should be.

If you get an unexpected result, simplify, change out and replace, increase accuracy, make sure there is no overlap error.
Attachments
Broli-1.gif       Checking Vector Alignments etc.
Broli-1.gif Checking Vector Alignments etc.