Bedini

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Bedini

Post by pstroud »

As my friend Ralph mentioned above, I am the one that became frustrated after 5 years of replicating gravity wheel patents / ideas and moved onto to something new. After quite some research, I decided to go with something that looked promising - the John Bedini energizer.

Here is a video I posted yesturday of my progress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtcoJEtDqQ

I ran through the 30 cycles of testing required on the Bedini Monopole 3 beginners yahoo groups forum and graducated to the advanced BM2 group. I quickly started building one of their advanced models - the 10 coiler that JB states will power your home.

I have been spending so much time building that I have not yet run a good set of controlled tests to fully evaluate the results. Please keep one important thing in mind when discussing JB's energizer. The radiant energy will change the chemical makeup of a battery. JB gives an example of how a 45 amp hour battery will perform as a 65 ah battery after being conditioned with radiant energy. Therefore, we can not simply measure volts on the power vs charging batteries. We must condition the batteries to radiant energy and then measure the "real discharge" in comparison to the input amps....

Preston Stroud
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

pstroud, long time no see...
Can you confirm, you have positive results?!
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

LIB - I have blown a lot of transistors and learned a LOT.

I have had some problems that prevented me from seeing full potential and I just discovered this weekend what they were:

ONE - I'm powering the energizer with 24 volts - 2 batteries in series. It was draining quickly and showing bad results when trying to test. I just discovered that one of those "new" batteries used in series has a bad / short cell in it and this was causing disappointing results. It will never go up to 12 volts and floats around 10 volts. I'm taking it back tomorrow for replacement.

TWO - I had a LOT of friction in the industrial bearings purchased from McMaster Carr and this has been causing disappointing results. Per someone's suggestion, I removed the rubber/metal seals from both sides, cleaned out the grease and put in some light oil. WOW - the free spin time went from 25 seconds to over 3 minutes. With just this one enhancement, the RPMs at a tunning spot went from around 550-650 up to 1200. I doubled the speed by simply removing the friction in the bearings.

I am now finally seeing very positive results from this larger build having 7 coils and 35 transistors. I'm still experimenting with various bulbs on the tuning circut but the system is finally tuning and showing some real charging power that I was expecting. I also now know that I had distored results in draining a battery due to a bad / short cell in it.

I am building 3 additional circuit boards now and when my wire arrives, I will build the 3 remaining coils to get to the 10 coil goal I have. This will be finalized in about 2 weeks. Afterwards, I will being a series of controlled testing and battery conditioning.

I don't have anything positive or negative to say at this time until I evaluate the results of fixing the two problems mentioned above with the bad powering battery and the bearing friction.

I will be traveling out of town to MN this week on business so I can't start evaluating the results of those fixes until next week.

Preston
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

preston, what happens if you replace your big batteries with ultra capacitors!? ..

I've got a sample of 2.5Volts 100 Farhad (YES 100(a hundred) F) PowerStor Capacitors..

These things are crazy.. They are a bit bigger than 1.5Volts AA batteries but they store charge for a long time and best of all, they are recharged INSTANTLY .. Which is very good for what you are trying to do (I think) ..

They can take huge amount of power and are very efficient..

Go there : http://www.cooperbussmann.com/3/PowerStor.html Click on Samples at the left, it's free (if you have a business) ..

I don't know if they came up with bigger caps, I ordered mine a year ago ..

I'm just asking, because I wonder why you have 3 acid batteries.. Are they suppose to charge using the backemf of the motor!? ..
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

LIB,

I'm powering with 2 lead acid batteries in series for 24 volts. I ran tests charging 5ah / 7ah and 115ah batteries. There are 3 in the video but a 4th is on the floor what I was testing with in charging it at 12 volts in stead of charging it in a series at 24 volts.

This Bedini energizer project has introduced me to electronics and I had to start from scratch learning what a diode / resistor / transistor does. I've come a long way and bugged Ralph a little to overcome a few of my short commings.

I have not yet ventured into capacitors but I am doing some research on them to find a way to boost my wind turbine's 1-2 volt power into a 13-16 volt pulse charge.

By the way, a 2.5 volt capacitor or AA battery charge might be fine for the basic Bedini SSG one coil bifilar test evalaution but I would blow it in a second with this 7 coil 35 wire/transistor setup.

Preston
docfeelsgood
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by docfeelsgood »

Preston ;

thanks for the video . that is a very serious build you have made . i await your results with great anticipation .

Also looked at your wind jenny . i am surprised you went with five blades .

Marcellus Jacobs , who probobly made the best jenny of all time for rural electrification . after a lot of experimentation decided that a three bladed prop was the optimum . a three bladed prop will deflect ALL the wind coming at it . adding more blades just increased drag .
one of his favorite demonstrations was to climb the tower in a stiff wind , stand on the platform and strike a match behind the prop . it would burn with no difficulty .

Regards , "Doc"
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Preston,

Capacitors are almost like batteries ...
You can put several of them in parallel and series in any combination to get desired rating ..

So let's say you want 25 volts, just put 10 of the 2.5v caps together ..
You want more energy storage, put them in parallel ..

The difference with capacitors, is that they can recharge very very fast (like isntantly) and they can also discharge extremely fast ..

What is different with super capacitors, is that they do not discharge as fast as regular caps, but they do charge extremely fast ..

Compare that to a battery, you cannot charge your batteries instantly, but with the super cap, you can!

Think about regenerative braking systems.. These things will capture the energy of your car very efficiently. .

That's why I thought about back emf and these caps, they might be more efficient than batteries, unless I do not understand bedini (I really don't understand bedini charger, didn't read much about it) ..

Btw, I took a long time to learn electronics.. I did it by myself, and at first, I couldn't understand it at all.. I always thought of the path electrons will take in a wire.. Instead, I found out, that what is important, is a group of components.. From there, you can derive their functions.. You'll soon see that many circuits use the same grouping of components, thus, you'll get familiar with what's going on just by looking at the circuit (unless there is ICs in there) ..

In my opinion, Caps are a much better way to test a free energy device.. Because, yes they have limited storage, and you'll see quite fast if your device is actually working or not ..

Btw, caps are interesting for another thing, when you charge a cap, at low charge, they will let current pass, as soon as they get above about 3/4 charge if I remember correctly, they will stop passing current ..

Basically, they resist DC but let go AC throught them .. That's why you'll see them as filters in sound circuits .. Combined with resistors, they will change the speed at which they charge and with AC they will change the resistance at specific frequency.. So basically, you can filter an entire band of frequency using Capacitors and Resistors ..

I say that, because it could be useful in your case, since Bedini is known to have been into amplifiers a lot, thus, he surely needed to filter out some frequency components of his circuits . ..

I love electronics... 8]
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Preston

I gave you your first rating on your video. :)
terry5732
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by terry5732 »

Big math here

Adding 10 of your caps in serial for 25 volt rating will make your 100F =
100/2
50/2
25/2
12.5/2
6.25/2
3.12/2
1.6/2
0.8/2
0.4/2
0.2/2
0.1 Farads
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

I never said it kept it's capacitance..

Big Math here :

Ceq in series = 1/ (1/C1 + 1/C2 + 1/C3 + 1/C4 + 1/C5 + 1/C6 ... )

Ceq = 1/ (0.01 + 0.01 +0.01 +0.01 +0.01 +0.01 +0.01 +0.01 +0.01 +0.01)
Ceq = 1/ (0.1) == 10F

Ceq = 10F

Big maths ...
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

All interesting. Terry what about starting out with a battery at half charge and seeing if it eventually fully charges? Have you thought about putting up a real time video and just keep it running as a skeptics challenge? I'd be willing to put money towards the sites maintenance fees if it is something real.
MO
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

LIB,

Although I have no experience with capacitors, it is not needed with a Bedini energizer of this size. With 7 coils, 35 wires/transistors firing, you can watch the voltage on the battery go up in front of your eyes.

I'm out of town but I hope to start some controlled testing next week since I have resolved a few key problems.

Preston
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

Is it the back emf of the coils that is fed back into the batteries?!

I'll take a long walk in the dark here, but let's suppose you apply thousand of volts to a battery, this will essentially shock the plates in the battery and probably remove some oxidation from those said plates, which could be seen as charge ..

Btw, the voltage on the battery is meaningless.. It's the charge inside the battery that is the real indicator of power..

You could periodically test the battery on a heavy load to see if the battery retained charge ..

Voltage only tells you one side of the story.. Watts (power) is Voltage time Amps.. You are trying to guess the capacity of the battery by looking at the output ..

Just an example, my motorcycle battery at the beginning of summer was dead.. But it showed 12 volts! .. I then tried charging it many hours, and it wouldn't keep a charge ..
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

LIB quote:
Is it the back emf of the coils that is fed back into the batteries?!
Yes - the back emf / radiant energy / aether is charging the batteries.
Btw, the voltage on the battery is meaningless.. It's the charge inside the battery that is the real indicator of power..
Yes - I agree. John Bedini states that the radiant energy charging changes the chemical makeup of a battery. As a result, a 45 amp hour battery will have the power of a 65 amp hour battery with the new radiant energy charged chemical makup. The bedini monopole 3 beginners group test is designed to teach this basic principle

Scott - I understand this is not a bessler or gravity related topic and it would be better suited for overunity.com...............

Preston
LustInBlack
Devotee
Devotee

Post by LustInBlack »

It's actually in off-topic forum.. please continue..

Where's the radiant energy's going to be stored!? ..
It's not clear.. The radiant / aether, is basically the surrounding space around us.. The battery lives in it, how can it store it!?

Taking the battery at it's classical meaning, it is in reality an electron pump.. It's only purpose is to create potential in a wire and electron flow ensue..

If I understand correctly, bedini is converting radiant energy to electric charge and stores it in the battery by upsetting the chemical balance of the acid in the battery .. If so, it would only work with certain type of battery!? ..

Is the aether flow around the rotating core of the bedini "charger" siphoned into the coils when backemf is generated!? ..

What is radiant energy!? ..

Is it the Tesla's definition of radiant energy (rapid impulse of current at high voltage in a wire at switch opening time) or is it a new definition!?

So, if this has nothing to do with the chemical, it has everything to do with backemf or coils, but you seem to tell me this is acting on the battery, if so, any circuit providing a source of high voltage would do the trick ..

Please enlighten me..