The Secret Wheel

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

neptune
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Secret Wheel

Post by neptune »

I have said it before and I will say it again. We learn much more about human psychology than perpetual motion. There are many, and have been many more in the past who claim to have working PM machines.I want you to imagine that you are on of those people. You have been working on this idea for a long, long time. You have met failure after failure. You have spent much more time and money than you could afford.You have overcome impossible setbacks. You have neglected your loved ones. You have maybe even lost your job.Your life has become a total mess, but you dont even care. You know that you are so close.
Then one day, it happens. that eurika moment. It works. Of course, you planned to keep it secret untill you can patent it. But you cant do that coz you spent all your money. Now I know we are all different.So I can only say what I would do. I would simply Have to show it somebody. I would swear them to secrecy of course. Imagine I showed it to YOU. You would have to tell somebody. You would of course swear them to secrecy..Before you know it, its front page news.Maybe I am a poor judge of humanity, but I dont thik so.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

re: The Secret Wheel

Post by Fletcher »

I can keep a secret - it's the people I tell you can't trust ;7)
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

You need a device which produces such adverse effects that the life expectancy of an observer is very short. Or a device which requires dropping of 50 kg weights from the roof at the only place where an observor could stand.

Anyway, as they say, two people can keep a secret. if one of them is dead.
getterdone
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by getterdone »

I dont get it, whats the point, If I had a working wheel, I d post it here and get on with the next project. What would anyone do with that kind of money ?
Beer is the cause and the solution of all my problems.
getterdone
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by getterdone »

Why is this in the fraud column ?, he said imagine. Nobody made any claims of having a runner
Beer is the cause and the solution of all my problems.
neptune
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by neptune »

I started this in the fraud column, coz I could not think where else to put it. The strange thing about secrets, we do not know how many are kept, and how many are leaked. I just said that maybe I am not very good at keeping secrets myself. What would you do with all that money? One man can only use so much for himself. But dont you know anyone who is destitute and could use some help? Can you imagine the torture of being only the second person on earth to know the secrets of PM, and being sworn to secresy? I am reminded of the difference between men and women. Men are better than women at keeping secrets. Women seldom break wind in public, they are better at holding it in. So if you want to tell a woman a secret, and you want her to keep it, whisper it up her arse.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

neptune

keeping secrets until the proper time is difficult. Most of us have fooled ourselves at one time or another as well. The reason I don't post as much as I use to is the purpose of keeping secrets until the proper time. It becomes a fire that burns inside us and it becomes an inferno and will consume us if we don't keep it under control. What is worse is if we are fooling ourselves with a secret and then we blow up and announce we have a runner and then have to fraud ourselves trying to prove it, or we swallow our pride and say we made a mistake. The later is the best option for this scenario.
neptune
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by neptune »

@AB Hammer. You speak the truth. This begs two further questions. Are you saying you hold such a secret? And what is the proper time? For some of us time is running out . We are old enough to be aware of our own mortality. What I [and the world] would like to see is some kind of proof that overunity is possible. One watt would do for a start. As a onetime amateur conjourer, I know we cant even believe what we see.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

neptune

A running wheel is bigger that all of us. If you have such a design or running wheel, and you have no money and you disclose. You will only have a small chance, because for those that keep an eye open will have lawyers and engineers ready to develop and modify it enough to patent it and take it away. Others and myself have small groups/teams ready to develop what we come up with, or help others to stay ahead of the pack. When I or others in our group/team have a runner, we will work hard together and share in the findings, and develop the best we can. But will document which one of us made the breakthrough but as a group we will hail as a group/team.

You asked do I hold such a secret? I hold several secrets but I can not say otherwise. This way I still tell the truth.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: The Secret Wheel

Post by Grimer »

neptune wrote:I have said it before and I will say it again. We learn much more about human psychology than perpetual motion. There are many, and have been many more in the past who claim to have working PM machines.I want you to imagine that you are on of those people. You have been working on this idea for a long, long time. You have met failure after failure. You have spent much more time and money than you could afford.You have overcome impossible setbacks. You have neglected your loved ones. You have maybe even lost your job.Your life has become a total mess, but you dont even care. You know that you are so close.
Then one day, it happens. that eurika moment. It works. Of course, you planned to keep it secret untill you can patent it. But you cant do that coz you spent all your money. Now I know we are all different.So I can only say what I would do. I would simply Have to show it somebody. I would swear them to secrecy of course. Imagine I showed it to YOU. You would have to tell somebody. You would of course swear them to secrecy..Before you know it, its front page news.Maybe I am a poor judge of humanity, but I dont thik so.
No one will believe a secret until they are confronted with a working model - and even then they will possibly accuse you of fraud,
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
Timothy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Timothy »

"Two may keep a secret if one of them is dead."
Love it quick. You ain't gonna have it long.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

A search of the last day's posts showed that "jorgea" had posted to this thread, and then I got here and no post by him. I found the thread to be interesting in light of recent claims in the forum, so I'll go ahead and bump it.

Also, I've noticed that as of the last few minutes, jorgea's name and link to his profile is no longer clickable.

Dwayne
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

I don't see "jorgea" listed in the member's list now, either.

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/membe ... &start=700

Dwayne
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

I did happen to catch the post by "jorgea", it was spam. Maybe Scott just happen to be monitoring and caught it.

Ralph
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Ralph,

Oh, okay. Thanks.

The idea that Scott had caught a spammer had crossed my mind, but the subject matter of this thread just seemed so timely that I also imagined there could be another explanation, I guess.

Dwayne