I have a working device.

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

justsomeone
Addict
Addict

re: I have a working device.

Post by justsomeone »

Reading this was like watching a movie and the power going out the last 10 min. I know this is in the fraud section but please tell me the ending.
Jim, Did you finish the build?
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

justsomeone, I tried every possible way that I could think of using only the components that TommyK shows. I could not get anything to work.

jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

I just thought of two more ways to assemble the parts. I still have the parts. Maybe I'll try again?

Also these parts get bolted to a somewhat heavy flywheel, which might effect its performance. We sometimes hear of inventors (such as TommyK, maybe Darrel, etc.) who make a device that they claim works and then when others (like myself or even the inventor) try to duplicate the invention it fails to work. In such cases might it be possible that some factor that is not recognized causes one device to work but a similar but slightly different device to not work? For instance, TommyK assembled the above disclosed components onto a cast iron wheel. On the other hand I tried many configurations of the same components on a much lighter wood wheel. Might the difference of inertial momentum of the two wheels be a factor that made my wheel not work and TommyK's wheel work? Might oscillation frequencies that are effected by wheel mass play a part in the working of TommyK's wheel? Could it be that TommyK really did make a working wheel but that he didn't understand exactly why it worked? Thus when another device is build and fails to work the innocent inventor is accused of fraud. Or maybe TommyK was an out and out fraud?

justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

Thanks Jim.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

My personal opinion was that TommyK was yanking everyone's chain - he had opportunity to take photo's, video, independent witnesses who could make a statement here, any number of ways to add credibility to his claims - yet he chose to 'drop hints' & appeared to go on a 'gathering disciples crusade' i.e. willing unpaid workers, much as Bill's scenario a page back would suggest was the modus operandi - then he disappeared into the ether as so many do to become part of folklaw, which might have been their 15 minute plan after all ?
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

It would be interesting to know how many people consider, not that they have a working device, but they have a design that they are sure would work if only they could build it. I 'spect about half the members would put their hands up on this one.
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

Grimer, I guess it is common for some of us to feel a bit "jealous" for want of a better word when others claim they may have the answer. I would like to be the one to have the solution, and I agree that all of us probably have been convinced one time or another that we had the answer.

I've said it before and will say it again. Until there is a true runner, I won't get excited by others claims. But I wish each of us the best of luck and can't wait for a runner, from anyone for that matter.
path_finder
Addict
Addict

Post by path_finder »

Jim_Mich wrote:
We sometimes hear of inventors (such as TommyK, maybe Darrel, etc.) who make a device that they claim works and then when others (like myself or even the inventor) try to duplicate the invention it fails to work. In such cases might it be possible that some factor that is not recognized causes one device to work but a similar but slightly different device to not work?

Another point must be taken in account:
even if someone will demonstrate (with certified evidences) he has a working wheel, this will not be the end of the quest.
There are so many different designs and principles, even those previously very close from the solution will not be stopped in their studies.
So far I will not be surprised if later some another different but successful working wheel would be published.
I cannot imagine why nobody though on this before, including myself? It is so simple!...
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

Path-Finder, My working wheel will NOT be published..............

in this section. ;) That is when I get a working wheel.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: I have a working device.

Post by Grimer »

path_finder wrote:Jim_Mich wrote:
We sometimes hear of inventors (such as TommyK, maybe Darrel, etc.) who make a device that they claim works and then when others (like myself or even the inventor) try to duplicate the invention it fails to work. In such cases might it be possible that some factor that is not recognized causes one device to work but a similar but slightly different device to not work?

Another point must be taken in account:
even if someone will demonstrate (with certified evidences) he has a working wheel, this will not be the end of the quest.
There are so many different designs and principles, even those previously very close from the solution will not be stopped in their studies.
So far I will not be surprised if later some another different but successful working wheel would be published.
I agree. Look how many variations on a theme there are for the internal combustion engine for example.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

A self sustaining device producing no meanigful surplus (usable) energy is a toy. There a quite a lot of designs out there that, were their inventors to modify them accordingly, would produce substantially more mechanical output than input required to start them, albeit with a limited run time. Any device which will produce enough power to drive a small dynamo with a runtime of 20 minutes at 100 % would be a major step forward. See about making it perpetual afterwards. That means I think we are all approaching the problem from the wrong way, unless the aim in itself is just perpetual motion or approaching. In which case I'm probably also on the wrong forum :)
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

For me the purpose of this forum is to discover how to obtain energy from the gravitational wind.

I believe there is every prospect of success. I believe this on the basis that there is strong evidence that Bessler - and possibly Keenie also - has already managed to achieve this goal.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

nicbordeaux wrote:A self sustaining device producing no meanigful surplus (usable) energy is a toy. There a quite a lot of designs out there that, were their inventors to modify them accordingly, would produce substantially more mechanical output than input required to start them, albeit with a limited run time. Any device which will produce enough power to drive a small dynamo with a runtime of 20 minutes at 100 % would be a major step forward. See about making it perpetual afterwards. That means I think we are all approaching the problem from the wrong way, unless the aim in itself is just perpetual motion or approaching. In which case I'm probably also on the wrong forum :)
Could you give the forum links to such devices? I'm sure they would be of interest.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Grimer wrote:For me the purpose of this forum is to discover how to obtain energy from the gravitational wind.
Not everyone believes in this gravitational wind idea. A real solution may have nothing to do with any kind of wind, or even gravity. Why narrow the search? In the end we'll probably all be surprised. That seems obvious.

IMO, this forum is about social activity around a common interest - finding a solution to Bessler's wheel. After 300 years of trying, no one has it and therefore advice offered by anyone is 100% speculation, at best. I guess that seems obvious too.
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

Yeah, I have working devices too. And one I'm describing free. Any respected member of this comunity want's pics, no problemo. The illustration should be clear enough (posted elsewhere on this forum). Why not vid too, but vid prooves nothing, A two year old can fake a perpetual motion device and vid it nowadays. So a drawing and pics, specs if needed.
If you think you have an overunity device, think again, there is no such thing. You might just possibly have an unexpectedly efficient device. In which case you will be abducted by MIB and threatened by aliens.