Card System?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Should we enable a reputation system (i.e. Yellow Card)?

You may select 1 option

View results

scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Card System?

Post by scott »

Another option we have on the board (in addition to a "fraud report" forum) is to implement a reputation system, such as Niels Chr. Rød's Cards Hack. Here is an excerpt from the installation instructions:

## MOD Title: Yellow card
## MOD Author: Niels < ncr@db9.dk > (Niels Chr. Rød) http://mods.db9.dk
## MOD Description: Also known as "card system" This mod will make 4 colored buttons beside users post (red,yellow,green and blue)
## Red = ban, Yelow = warn, Green = unban, Blue = report to moderators
## Emails are sent to the user, notifying about the event.

What do you all think? Should we enable a reputation system?
Thanks,
-Scott
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

re: Card System?

Post by Jonathan »

I'm not going to vote until I understand: What is there to stop someone from becoming a member and then going through every post and clicking the red button on all of them? Is this reputation system automatically done by the computer, or does it just tally the clicks and inform Scott what all the members thinks should be done (so he has final say)?
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Hi Jonathan,
I understand your reservations. I have not fully researched the Card System Hack, but here are my best attempts to answer your questions:

Jonathan wrote:What is there to stop someone from becoming a member and then going through every post and clicking the red button on all of them?
There might be nothing to stop someone from doing this.
Jonathan wrote:Is this reputation system automatically done by the computer, or does it just tally the clicks and inform Scott what all the members thinks should be done (so he has final say)?
The reputation system would simply tally votes. It would still be up to me to do something about it.

But based on the paltry response so far on this thread, I'm thinking this idea is probably not going to go anywhere...
-Scott
Thanks for visiting BesslerWheel.com

"Liberty is the Mother, not the Daughter of Order."
- Pierre Proudhon, 1881

"To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
- Michel de Montaigne, 1559

"So easy it seemed, once found, which yet unfound most would have thought impossible!"
- John Milton, 1667
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

I think eBay's feedback system is an excellent method of identifying the character history of its members (when an account hasn't been hijacked). It also provides for the right of response.
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

Yes, I like ebay's too.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.