You may select 1 option

View results

FunWithGravity2
Devotee
Devotee

Get Out Now ?

Post by FunWithGravity2 »

Hello all,

Strange as it may seem i am running a poll to see whether the opinion shared by some is the opinion of many. I would really appreciate as many people that are aware of what they are voting on to voice their opinion.

Here is the background, I have filed documents some time ago with the USPTO for my design for a prime mover in a vertical rotating reference frame. They include a prime mover in one embodiment and several secondary sub systems in several embodiments. I did not and am not publicaly revealing the device or its makeup but have tried to give the general direction of my research so as to allow others to know whether i am along the same path that they are following.

Some think that by my coming here i am somehow "leeching" of them. I thought it was different. I figured by relasing it and having others refine it would be leeching, or by not telling and hiding in the shadows that would be leeching. I guess i just need to get some feedback so a poll is in order.

Crazy Dave
Si mobile in circumferentia circuli feratur ea celeritate, quam acquirit cadendo ex
altitudine, quae sit quartae parti diameter aequalis ; habebit vim centrifugam suae
gravitati aequalem.
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

Like Doctor Who, I wonder when FunWithGravity3 will appear!

(OK so I had nothing constructive to add!)
Last edited by DrWhat on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Get Out Now ?

Post by rlortie »

Dave,

You have filed documents some time ago with the USPTO for your design of a prime mover in one embodiment and several secondary sub systems in several embodiments. You refuse to reveal it.

Some may think that by being here you are"leeching" with due cause; If you already have it and have applied for a patent why are you concerned about what others are doing?

If you are looking for collaboration on an already patented design then come forward with it or keep mum. If you desire help in refining it then say so and present it.

If you are fishing to see if others are on the same path the best way to find out is tell us what path you are on.

Without knowing what your patent pertains, how do you expect anyone without knowledge being interested? Sharing, and mind melding is not leeching unless you steal ideas given to you to improve your design without recognition where due.

Releasing it and having others help refine it, is not leeching, that is collaboration.

Not telling and hiding in the shadows is not leeching, it is the sign of a self assured person who is confident they have the answer. You should care less about what others are doing.

In short and to be abrupt it boils down to either; 'put up or shut up'. I do not mean that in a sense of personal feelings, just putting it the best way I know how! After all If I recall correctly I supplied input to you for your patent (not your designs) with information that I may regret.

You can rest assured that no matter what you do, if you have a runner there will be those attempting to jump on your band wagon no matter what!

I am not voting as there is no option for my opinion.

Ralph
Last edited by rlortie on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Dave, why are you letting other people make your decisions? Whether you stay or go is up to you. The question should be, "Does Dave want to be here?" If yes, then stay. If no, then go. Don't let other people push you around. Are you a man or a mouse? Do what you want to do!

I enjoy you being here. I also enjoy many others being here, including Ed, Stewart, Fletcher and others too numerous to mention.

justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

Dave, I like having you here although sometimes I think you post after having too many brewskis. ;)
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

The clash of the bullies, if you want respect and tolerance you need to give respect and tolerance.

Crazy Dave, I don’t condone the way you handle your patent issue, build, concept or thread, but I find it quite humorous when the ego meets a bigger ego. The video presented is a summary of your thread in the last few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57FyWm6Q ... re=related

My humble opinion of course ;)

thanks
What goes around, comes around.
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

Thanks Dax. That is priceless.
Mark
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Mark »

Hi Dave; I opened the thread, read the poll and your initial post, knew just what I was going to say, scrolled down reading posts, and found that Jim already said it. :-)
envision, describe, simplify, construct, refine -- repeat any, as necessary
FunWithGravity2
Devotee
Devotee

Post by FunWithGravity2 »

Thank you to all the gentleman that have responded so far, i appreciate the feedback. As i'm sure justsomeone and many that have read Carnegie know, that sometimes the most important feedback comes from those that disagree. As well the most informative information we can gain about ourselves is from the people that are not our biggest fans. I am thinking that my best course of action may be the Private forum route, that way those that are interested can contibute and i can feel more comfortable about offering some proofs of my designs.

Please to those that have not voiced their opinions at least vote, some may not have sen the topic so i will wait about a week until i make any rash decisions as to my behaviour.

Mark and Jim, thank you for your honesty and sense of fairplay, i agree. I don't feel bullied, i don't mind rambling away with out much feedback for posts on end. But when my rambling is enough to incite the type of anger shown recently then maybe i am wasting my time on an audience that "has better things to do".

I enjoy the fact that people have said they had a new idea based on something i said. That alone is what keeps me coming back, thats how i would hope my presence is percieved. Lets see how it continues.

Dave
Si mobile in circumferentia circuli feratur ea celeritate, quam acquirit cadendo ex
altitudine, quae sit quartae parti diameter aequalis ; habebit vim centrifugam suae
gravitati aequalem.
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

I voted,

Edit, well he does keeps my ego in check!
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Dave, differences of opinion make the site better.