Three sticks game...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Three sticks game...

Post by iacob alex »

.....topic,is in the same line with the old "Many sticks game..." and others.

Why? Because the simple games with the real world are a valuable natural resource to understand and "feel" physics.

One stick game (and a fulcrum):lever,pendulum.

Two sticks game (and two fulcra/stabile and mobile):lever and pendulum(Milkovic's dual swinging oscillator).

Three sticks game (and two fulcra/stabile and mobile) :lever(stabile),lever(mobile) and pendulum (...a dual swinging-rotating oscillator),and here,as an interesting state of things...in my opinion,with some conditionals,we can develop a simple gravity powered motor...

All the best! / Alex
Simplicity is the first step to knowledge.
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

re: Three sticks game...

Post by iacob alex »

...or, this time three hammers kinetic arrangement ,you can appreciate (or play yourself) at: www.kenkinetic.com/kenkinetic9_004.htm

All the best! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....as a pendular chaotic motion ,due to a starting push , at:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKXVl-W6HGc

The diversity of this game with the so called "chaos" is tremendous...but for the moment we have a kind of break-through,only.

Our purpose can be,thinking about a possible gravity motor,to imagine and test an interplay between the gravity unbalance and "chaos" (formed matter and unformed matter,or mass and motion).

All the Best! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....this time as a physics lesson , if you take a look at :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xQwigIn05Q

It's a lab-demo with a face-to-face of a common pendulum (fixed fulcrum ) vs. a "chaotic" pendulum (fixed fulcrum+mobile fulcrums).

Science talks about uncontrolllability (chaotic motion) of this simple game.

Kinetic art sculpture builds a lot of controlled arrangements ,based on this "strange" motion.

If the seed of our knowledge is one that arouses awe,surprise,or marvel regarding this simple game...we can evolve it,in my opinion, as a "gate" (principle) to a gravity motor.

All depends of our thinking manner:you know ,walking to....,a small path difference can be a difference of a kind.

All the best ! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dws7iF2yw7o

Just play for amusement the "self" motion due to gravity fall and inertia ! (all that you need ,are some ordering and restraint relations between sticks/bars/masses...)

All the best! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....as a new game with gravity and inertia ,of a three "bended" sticks /triple pendular arrangement ,at:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP6f9r5MBWg

All the best! / Alex
triplock

Post by triplock »

Jacob Alex,

Thanks for posting those links.

Although they are interesting, imho, I don't believe that any sucessful 'PM' device will, at it's heart, have a mechanical arrangement that exhibits 'chaotic' behaviour.

By definition, like a heart beat, any device that can induce continuous rotion, with have to be rythmic and pre-determinable in action by default.

Chris
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

Hi Chris !

I agree with you : some posted links on net,have no direct connection with a possible gravity motor design.

Sometimes ,I try to see the same problem with other's people eyes:it's stimulating,and who knows when a "sparkling" imagine comes?

For the moment,I have on the "table" a lot of them , let's say the very old shadouf (lever+pendulum) and the old trebuchet (variable lever).

All that I made,was to modify,evolve them, as possible "self" moving arrangements,due to gravity fall and the play with the rotational inertia.

I must add here, a not so "deep immersion" in rotational inertia :I mean a useful,controllable jerk,yank acceleration...

...here,it seems that we "meet" and "tame" the so-called chaotic motion,in
fact the primary motion,or as you like to call the prime mover.

So,I hope that I am a free thinking person,"escaped" long time ago from the "Bashkara cage" (see the topic...) ,convinced that in a wheel vs. lever "dilemma",there is one "exit",only.

All the best ! / Alex
triplock

Post by triplock »

Jacob Alex

Although I agree with your response in general, you cannot tame chaotic motion, because, through definition, stability does not lie at its root.

It is my opinion that continuous rotation is work performed as a result of a pre-calculable mechanical advantage within, which itself is derive from fixed parameters / mechanical parts. There cannot be any room for chaos within that beating heart, whether tamed or not.

I'll admit that this premise is subjective as a part of it, through a simple device, forms a major part of my Pending Patent application.

Without first achieving a mechanical advantage in a linear plane that is deemed 'abnormal', rotation will never occur.

Chris
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

Hi Chris !
Chaos is defined in dictionary,as the formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe...this is above our power to understand this kind of things.

But I am referring to chaotic motion.Some aspects of this motion we can see ,let's say with the chaotic pendulum....and not only.

Here,the question of matter "moves" in a mobile (quasi-free) fulcrum,where the pair centripetal-centrifugal is "expressed" as a chaotic motion...maybe an "unfit" tag,but some "strange" aspects of the rotational inertia become as a real fact.

Really,what is inertia:stability (v=const.),only?

The problem is :can we use some aspects of this "wild" motion?...so, not to tame.make docile,subdue...only to act as a helpful addition for the purpose of this forum... with some restrictions,maybe we can.

All the best! / Alex
triplock

Post by triplock »

I think it all comes down to every one's own definition of what a chaotic state actually is. In my mind PM , in itself, is both chaotic and ordered at the same time.

If you can harness that unbridled power which comes with chaos, then you have the answer.

Chris
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

Hi Chris !

I agree with your: "...PM,in itself is both chaotic and ordered at the same time".

My words: "...linear and nonlinear..."or evenness and unevenness ,or equality and inequality,or gravity acceleration and jerk acceleration.

The best "description" can be made by a working model...

All the best! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....at : www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8aMoBcYDHs

The dilemmatic point about motion, can be this : a small input can settle a greater output???

The interesting point is that we interlace in this kinetic sculpture, three "spaces" of motion:air wind ,gravity unbalance,androtational inertia.

All the best ! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....at ; www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=PPGTgrwStw ... re=related

We have an interlace result motion between the random wind pressure (action) and the gravity and inertia swinging (reaction).

Again we can compare the input vs. the output...

All the best ! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....as a kinetic sculpture , at:

http://www.jeffkahnsculpture.com/#/Videos/NakedAlien/1

We can admire a series leverage motion ,due to wind (input ) , gravity fall and rotational inertia.

It can be a suggestive momentary , to think about , how we can play an unbalance...for our topic.

Al_ex