Play seesaw...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Play seesaw...

Post by iacob alex »

.....on net ( www.youtube.com ) ,then type on "search": "Seesaws on Potsdamer Platz,Berlin".

Have a nice time and...inspiration.

All the best! / Alex
Simplicity is the first step to knowledge.
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

re: Play seesaw...

Post by iacob alex »

.....can be a simple childish game or even more.

Maybe,as Plato said "science is nothing but perception"...in the beginning.

So,take a short look at : www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgHngvugPSA

Emotion on a bigger and bigger seesaw,can turn back on itself and lead on to new thoughts...

All the best! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....this time,at Potsdamer Platz,in Berlin,if you take a short look at:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCTdj2QJrS8

It''s a bigger seesaw...if you play a small seesaw,it can be not so much fun,but with one of this size ,you can be sure to have much more fan.

The entertainment can be a starting point for meditation:with the same "effort"(input),on an extended lever ,you have a "bigger trip"(output) between gravitational levels...

Sometimes the feelings of a simple game can help our thinking.

All the best! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....this time,with the address : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCTdj2qJrS8

Let's say that the simplest expression of a gravity powered device,can be a "particular" seesaw ,with a "self-switching" unbalance (torque difference),on the same side of the fulcrum.

All the best1 / Alex
11Turion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by 11Turion »

This is what I have been working on in the latest design I posted. Using two weights of five pounds each, one below the axle and one above, so that there is equal mass or weight on both sides of the wheel. When these two masses are allowed to slide up and down in a track and connected to each other, they can act as one end of a seesaw that will lift 10 pounds to a position above the axle, thereby overbalancing the wheel. (The two sliding weights remain on their own half of the wheel) If they are on the "longer side" of the seesaw, they can lift MORE than 10 pounds above the axle, so you have at least 15 pounds above, and only five pounds below, which is a significant imbalance. If this causes the wheel to rotate 180 degrees, the weights slide the opposite direction and the larger weight, which is now on the bottom, is lifted to the top and the process is repeated. I don't know if having an extra 10 or more pounds above the axle will cause the 180 degrees of rotation, but this is what I am working on and in the process of building right now.

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4862
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....but a big size one.

If you can't play in reality,try to think about that, on your "imaginary screen".

Remind that the "backbone" of mechanics ,and the seed of our science about this ,is the lever...

All the best! / Alex
Richard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Richard »

jacob alex

In a sense, Clock Makers employ the large "see-saws" if you will.
In Clock Building it would be referred to as a Flag or Flags...

essentially it allows a small wheel to give a much greater torque...this should work well with your trebuchet.

richard
where man meets science and god meets man never the twain shall meet...till god and man and science sit at gods great judgement seat..a tribute to Bessler....kipling I think
11Turion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by 11Turion »

Here is a Youtube video of what I am talking about. I would have two of these tracks on the wheel, one on each side of the axle so the wheel remains balanced. I could also put two on the back of the wheel, rotated 90 degrees from these two, just for fun.
http://www.youtube.com/user/11Turion
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

I love the build!!!

Timber vs timber isn't the best for friction, but I guess you will be able to see why it does or doesn't work.

Looking forward to more.
11Turion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by 11Turion »

I thought about using other stuff to eliminate friction, and decided that if it works, I'll build it out of GOLD! LOL. I wanted a little friction to keep it from dropping until the wheel gets it to the right place in the rotation. Even if it is close to working, I have so many different adjustments I can make that I could be on this one build for a really long time. Wood was the cheapest thing I could figure out to use.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

11Turion

Try insetting bearings by using a simple slot and hole. The slot is for the little axle. This will reduce friction a fair bit.

Alan
11Turion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by 11Turion »

I have a bunch of drawer slides with really nice bearings in them that I will use if this appears to be close to a working design. They will allow the weight to slide back and forth with little or no friction, since they are designed to hold 150 pounds. First I want to see if my design has the desired effect on the wheel. If it won't rotate, it won't do me any good to eliminate friction.
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

.....or watch it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2m2NpM3_g

Then,think about the sensibility of an unbalance game (small "input") ,in the gravity field ,if you play a simple lever,but not a "wheel"(see "Wheel vs. lever..." topic...).

But,maybe for some people,a pleasant illusion is preferable to an obvious "empty" ,but so discrete reality.

All the best! / Alex
iacob alex
Addict
Addict

Post by iacob alex »

....at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W2m2NpM3_g

Sorry about the wrong address...

All the best! / Alex
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

iacob alex ,

From a previous post . from 1 - 4 the following on a gravity driven see saw , you have the beam at 30 deg in fig 1 with weights on left hand side , ob to the left , these weights is connected to 2 gears , inside a small housing , witch can pivot on the main beam . In fig one swing the 4 weights over to the right hand side , when the weights reach vertical position , fig 2 , start moving also the small housing , no back pressure in this position for the weights balance in this position , when moving the small housing the top weights will slow down causing the bottom weight to increase velocity , and come to rest as in fig 3 , now the weights is in rh side and ob on rh side .
See saw will end up as in fig 4 and ready to transfere the weights back to fig 1 . I call it Jacobs Ladder for the weights can be put together like a J L .
Attachments
jacobs ladder.jpg