Scissors Simplified

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

Richard
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Scissors Simplified

Post by Richard »

eccentrically one writes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard wrote:

let me be blunt, please; rest mass or invariant mass is the measure of individual "particles" of a mass...when particles / matter coalesce, voila! Mass is created and quite frankly this has nothing to do with the "three states of mass"

I hate to be picky, but that's the way science is. Mass isn't created. Matter coalesces into planets and stars, not mass.
Actually eccentrically one, I am grateful that you are picky...I am not opposed to science or truth, it is only this...

you and I know mass is not created, but you and I know mass is created.

richard
where man meets science and god meets man never the twain shall meet...till god and man and science sit at gods great judgement seat..a tribute to Bessler....kipling I think
erick
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by erick »

Wow. What a bunch of driveling nonsense...

First of all: My name is Erick. E-R-I-C-K. Apparently you find reading and writing as difficult as science.

It seems to me that you are just a moron who thinks that using three syllable words that you don't actually understand will make you look intelligent. It's not working. You clearly don't understand the most basic scientific concepts. Sure, that's your right but I don't see how you can possibly hope to come up with a self perpetuating wheel design if you won't accept scientific fact.

E
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Conjuring fairy physics in order to drive fairy powered engines requires very little scientific method.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

In my years of belonging to this forum I do not believe I have ever seen a thread get so far off topic. I can only be thankful that "Scissors Simplified" is in the Fraud Index.

Can energy be turned to mass? Yes
Can mass be turned to energy? Yes
Is the earth growing in mass? Yes
Does the sun shining on this planet prove that the above is objective (proven) answers? yes.

How does energy from the sun add to earths mass? It is called photosynthesis. The best example probably lies off Australia's East Coast and is known by the Great Barrier Reef.

Every Week during the summer months I haul away a full size pickup full of grass and yard clippings. in the fall I haul away multiple loads of autumn leaves. Yet over the years my landscape has risen in elevation.

That which I haul away is mass created from energy. It can be burned as fuel for its energy or composted for future gardening use. Even if burned the remaining ash is still mass that eventually will have the properties of potash.

Do I care if any of the above is scientific fact? No! I believe it through hands on experience.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Ralph, photosynthesis separates carbon dioxide in the atmosphere into oxygen and carbon. The amount of oxygen and carbon atoms released by photosynthesis are exactly equal to the atoms contained in the carbon dioxide converted. Conservation of mass applies.
Ralph wrote:Do I care if any of the above is scientific fact? No! I believe it through hands on experience.
That's what flat-earther's believe too :D
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Bill,

I will not argue that photosynthesis separates carbon dioxide in the atmosphere into oxygen and carbon. Nor will I argue that the amount of oxygen and carbon atoms released by photosynthesis are exactly equal to the atoms contained in the carbon dioxide converted. but in the process there appears to be a by product which leaves us with MASS.
Biomass, abbreviation for biological mass, the amount of living material provided by a given area of the earth's surface. The term is most familiar from discussions of biomass energy, that is, the fuel energy that can be derived directly or indirectly from biological sources. Biomass energy from wood, crop residues, and dung remains the primary source of energy in developing regions. In a few instances it is also a major source of power, as in Brazil, where sugarcane is converted to ethanol fuel, and in China's Sichuan province, where fuel gas is obtained from dung. Various research projects aim at further development of biomass energy, but economic competition with petroleum has mainly kept such efforts at an early developmental stage.
See Energy Supply, World; Fuels, Synthetic; Gasohol.

"Biomass," Microsoft(R) Encarta(R) 97 Encyclopedia. (c) 1993-1996 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Last edited by rlortie on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Photosynthesis, the process by which chlorophyll-containing organisms-green plants, algae, and some bacteria-capture energy in the form of light and convert it to chemical energy. Virtually all the energy available for life in the earth's biosphere-the zone in which life can exist-is made available through photosynthesis.
A quite generalized, unbalanced chemical equation for photosynthesis is

CO2 + 2H2A + light energy ± (CH2) + H2O + H2A

The formula H2A represents a compound that can be oxidized, that is, from which electrons can be removed; CO2 is carbon dioxide; and CH2 is a generalization for the hydrocarbons incorporated by the growing organism. In the vast majority of photosynthetic organisms-that is, algae and green plants-H2A is water (H2O); in some photosynthetic bacteria, however, H2A is hydrogen sulfide (H2S). Photosynthesis involving water is the most important and best understood and, therefore, will be discussed here in detail.
Photosynthesis consists of two stages: a series of light-dependent reactions that are temperature independent And a series of temperature-dependent reactions that are light independent. The rate of the first series, called the light reaction, can be increased by increasing light intensity (within certain limits) but not by increasing temperature. In the second series, called the dark reaction, the rate can be increased by increasing temperature (within certain limits) but not by increasing light intensity.
Light Reaction
The first step in photosynthesis is the absorption of light by pigments. Chlorophyll is the most important of these because it is essential for the process. It captures light energy in the violet and red portions of the spectrum and transforms it into chemical energy through a series of reactions. Different forms of chlorophyll and other pigments known as carotenoids and phycobilins absorb slightly different wavelengths of light and pass the energy to chlorophyll a for the completion of the transformation process. These accessory pigments thus broaden the spectrum of light energy that can be fixed through photosynthesis.
Photosynthesis takes place within cells (see Cell), in organelles called chloroplasts (see Chloroplast) that contain the chlorophylls and other chemicals, especially enzymes, necessary for the various reactions. The chemicals involved are organized into units of the chloroplasts called thylakoids, and the pigments are embedded in the thylakoids in subunits called photosystems. Light is absorbed by the pigments, raising their electrons to higher energy levels. The energy is then transferred to a special form of chlorophyll a called a reaction center.
Two photosystems, numbered I and II, are now recognized. Light energy is first trapped by photosystem II, and the energized electrons are boosted to an electron receptor. They are replaced in photosystem II by electrons from water molecules, and oxygen is released. The energized electrons are passed along an electron transport chain back to photosystem I, and energy-rich adenosine triphosphate, or ATP, is generated in the process. Light absorbed by photosystem I is then passed to its reaction center, and energized electrons are boosted to its electron acceptor. They are passed by means of another transport chain to energize the coenzyme (see Enzyme) nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate, or NADP, resulting in its reduction to NADPH2. The electrons lost by photosystem I are replaced by those passed along the electron transport chain from photosystem II. The light reaction ends with the energy yield stored in the ATP and NADPH2.
Dark Reaction
The dark reaction takes place in the stroma (matrix) of the chloroplast, where the energy stored in the ATP and NADPH2is used to reduce carbon dioxide to organic carbon. This is accomplished through a series of reactions known as the Calvin cycle, driven by the energy in the ATP and NADPH2. At each turn of the cycle one molecule of carbon dioxide enters and is initially combined with a five-carbon sugar called RuBP (ribulose 1,5-biphosphate) to form two molecules of a three-carbon compound called PGA (3-phosphoglycerate). Three turns of the cycle-each of which consumes one molecule of carbon dioxide, two of NADPH2, and three of ATP-produce a three-carbon molecule, glycer-aldehyde 3-phosphate, two molecules of which combine to form a six-carbon sugar, glucose. The RuBP is regenerated with each turn of the cycle.
Thus, the net effect of photosynthesis is the temporary capture of light energy in the chemical bonds of ATP and NADPH2 through the light reaction, and the permanent capture of the energy in glucose through the dark reaction. Water is split during the light reaction to provide electrons which transfer the light energy to form ATP and NADPH2. Carbon dioxide is reduced in the dark reaction to provide the basis for the sugar molecule. The complete, balanced equation for photosynthesis in which water serves as the electron donor is

6 CO2 + 12H2O±C6H12O6+ 6O2 + 6H2O

Artificial Photosynthesis
Were chemists able to duplicate photosynthesis by artificial means, resulting systems would have enormous potential for tapping solar energy on a large scale. Much research is now being devoted to this effort. An artificial molecule that remains polarized sufficiently long to react usefully with other molecules has not yet been perfected, but the prospects are promising.

Contributed by:
Peter H. Raven
Marshall R. Crosby

"Photosynthesis," Microsoft(R) Encarta(R) 97 Encyclopedia. (c) 1993-1996 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Ralph, that seems like an awful lot of scientific fact quoting from someone not interested in scientific fact :D
Ralph wrote:That which I haul away is mass created from energy...
That which you haul away is mass moved by energy. Big difference.
Richard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Richard »

erick notes
It seems to me that you are just a moron who thinks that using three syllable words that you don't actually understand will make you look intelligent. It's not working. You clearly don't understand the most basic scientific concepts. Sure, that's your right but I don't see how you can possibly hope to come up with a self perpetuating wheel design if you won't accept scientific fact.
Bill quips
Conjuring fairy physics in order to drive fairy powered engines requires very little scientific method.

Come on Guys! why the personal attack? I have clearly stated as "factual" that empiricals of science are given a set of parameters to which they apply. That outside of those parameters the law is not applicable..

Your both intelligent; so set the scorn and sarcasm aside.

There are limits to "Frame(s) of Reference" and the "Systems operated in" that define Most Conservation laws. Yet these are constantly applied in systems or Frames that are not inclusive of the empirical

Erick, I don't seek attention, vainglory, recognition or any selfserving, absorbing or otherwise reward...as to your assertion, Sir; I am Extremely Intelligent, very well versed and the only "moronic" activity I've engaged in recently is to think I could elicit a first predicated or syllogistic response from you!

thanx alot Bill, really appreciated.

richard
where man meets science and god meets man never the twain shall meet...till god and man and science sit at gods great judgement seat..a tribute to Bessler....kipling I think
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Richard wrote:Come on Guys! why the personal attack?
There was no personal attack from me.
Richard wrote:yes science is a religion...
Wrong. Religious people often believe nonsense. Science is not a death cult.
Konrad Lorenz wrote:It is a good morning exercise for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast. It keeps him young.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Bill

I agree with Richard and I have had this discussion before. Science is treated like a religion by those of science. Many have even said that their religion is science. So I agree and let them believe what they want to believe. ;-) LOL

Alan
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Alan, I know a professional tennis player who says his religion is tennis. Some may treat tennis like a religion but it is not a religion, just like some may treat science like a religion, but it is not a religion.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Bill

Tell those of science they are wrong, and get ready for the fight and out come the books just like a religion. A religion is an organized belief system. Science is an organized belief system. They each have their facts. The only difference here is, science is taught as an absolute in schools and religion is taught as an absolute in churches and holy places. Churches have preachers and science has professors. The only real difference is that religion teaches about a god or gods and science has Newton. LOL

Now when we have a running wheel. LOL Science will have a crises. 8(

Alan
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Alan wrote:Science is an organized belief system.
Sorry Alan but you're wrong.

Science is systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.

Religion is a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

Tell a professor he is wrong and he will demand that you prove your case. Tell a preacher he is wrong and you are a heretic.

Belief is arbitrary. F = m a is not arbitrary.