IRS Scam

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

rlortie
Addict
Addict

IRS Scam

Post by rlortie »

IRS SCAM;

If you live in the US and receive something similar to this ignore it. Do not under any circumstance click on the hot .pdf file link. It is an .exe file in disguise.
IRS Emblem here;

Your federal Tax transaction (ID: 843862806091), recently from your bank account was rejected by the your Bank.

Rejected Tax transaction
Tax Transaction ID: 843862806091
Reason for rejection See details in the report below
Tax Transaction Report tax_report_843862806091.pdf (Adobe Acrobat Reader Document)

Using the Electronic Filing PIN

After you get your Electronic Filing PIN, enter it in the “Electronic Filing PIN� field when filing your return. The Electronic Filing PIN is a temporary PIN used by the IRS to verify your identity when you e-file. Keep a copy of your signed tax return for your records.

Note: If you have trouble while using this application, verify system availability and specific browser and system requirements.

Internal Revenue Service, Metro Plex 1, 8401 Corporate Drive, Suite 300, Landover, MD 20785
Ralph
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

re: IRS Scam

Post by justsomeone »

Thanks for the heads up Ralph.
. I can assure the reader that there is something special behind the stork's bills.
getterdone
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by getterdone »

did you do it Ralph, did you click ?
Beer is the cause and the solution of all my problems.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

No, cannot say they I did, I do not open anything from the IRS even in snail mail, unless I see something green through the address window.

Ralph