Magnetic So called 'Railgun'

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

beapilot
Aficionado
Aficionado

Magnetic So called 'Railgun'

Post by beapilot »

These kids discovered something interesting. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2-Qb3f ... ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeXrFfw4 ... ideo_title

For those of you that have plenty of magnets and spare time, I would be very interested in seeing your prototype.
Michael
Addict
Addict

re: Magnetic So called 'Railgun'

Post by Michael »

What would happen if you lengthened the magnets to 100?
Ralph?
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
Ealadha
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Ealadha »

Maybe there was magnets in the Bessler wheel !
DrWhat
Addict
Addict

Post by DrWhat »

Put the magnets in a flat circular formation so the weights head back to the start and see what happens.
Trev
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Trev »

Research the Howard Johnson magnetic motor, this is how he got his initial idea.
If you try and loop it, it stops working, same with SMOT.
Ealadha
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Ealadha »

Could it be used on a wheel .
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Magnetic So called 'Railgun'

Post by rlortie »

Michael wrote:What would happen if you lengthened the magnets to 100?
Ralph?
Why ask me? I no nothing about 100 magnets.

Consensus here disagrees with me that Bessler initially avoided calling his machine a wheel and then turn around and post one of Stewart's translations in my favor!

Below quote taken in context and edited for brevity;
So if one wants to call a disc or narrow cylinder, rotating about its horizontally placed axis in the manner of a grindstone, a 'wheel', so can the main piece of my machine also therefore be called; and so this wheel consists of a drum or tambour covered externally with a waxed canvas, whose cylindrical base is 12 Rhenish foot in diameter, the height, thickness or profile however, is 15 to 18 inches. The axle or shaft passing through the middle is 6 foot long, and 8 inches on average thick. They rest in their motion on two almost 1 inch thick, {am Ort} somewhat tapered steel pivots horizontal in the two sockets or bearings, [the pivots are] equipped with two curves, about which the rotary motion of the whole vertically suspended wheel can be somewhat modified
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Trev wrote:Research the Howard Johnson magnetic motor, this is how he got his initial idea.
If you try and loop it, it stops working, same with SMOT.
Nice to see someone here has done their homework!
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Your acting a bit strange Ralph, why are you posting about wheels on this thread? I thought you were a magnet man. Would the addition of 100 magnets increase the output of the ejected magnets velocity?
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Michael,

Sorry for the outburst! No, 100 or more magnets will not help increase the velocity and closing the circle will bring it to a dead end. Velocity will stay relevant to the magnetic gradient between track and magnet or ferrous ammo being shot.

Rather than increase the number of magnets making for a longer track you must make the magnets stronger. Thus a real magnetic rifle or gun uses electromagnetism.

I recently watched a TV series 'Secrets of War' explaining the history of big guns. The story ended with Iraq's research on the subject under a contract with a Canadian inventor/designer previously under contract with the U.S. and Canadian military.

As for Howard Johnson, I believe I have everything he ever wrote in hard copies regarding him and his career. It took him over 10 years of appealing to win a patent regarding a magnetic motor that was never built.

In short he did help us! winning his patent set a precedent, magnets can do work leaving the path of PM questionable.

Ralph
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Thanks Ralph! Instead of just increasing the number of magnets then, could you increase the number of magnets but also increase the strength of each successive magnet until the end and obtain a greater velocity or would the change in the magnets strengths interfere with the fields of the other magnets enough that this goal would be unobtainable?
meChANical Man.
--------------------
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Yes you can increase the flux by using stronger magnets which will in turn increase the velocity. But what is to be gained? You still have to reset it manually.

The JLN forum and Butch Lafonte have covered these grounds with many years of research. A member here; Norman Bollinger is also very astute in these matters.

Has this not been discussed in 'Off Topic" in the past? It has a feeling of nostalgia about it.

Ralph
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

If you have any faith in my word, I attest that what you see in this link is not faked. I know from experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClkP-QwI ... re=related
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Ralph not just increasing the flux of all the magnets but doing it sequentially. So that at the entrance gate you start with the weakest magnets and as you go forward with each new magnet it has a higher flux. That way there's not much resistance in putting the magnet-cart in through the gate and when it exits it leaves with much greater force. I suspect though the stronger and stronger magnets might interfere with the weaker ones and ruin the gradient field?
meChANical Man.
--------------------
silverfox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by silverfox »

We are as ignorant and in the dark about the true nature of magnetism as we are about that of gravity or the mysterious phenomenon we simply call "electricity" and the equally mysterious electro-magnetic field that it seems to generate.

All related in some way and all vitally important to know considering the real extent to which our modern civilization revolves around them and yet all significant and glaring failures in any terms of science being able to give us some clear, logical and unequivocal explanation for what that true nature or relationship between any of them actually is, despite more than three hundred years of presumably trying to find and figure that out.

That, to me, is about as much of a clear condemnation and confirmation of something being fundamentally wrong with science and it's entire rationale as anyone could possibly want or need and that any or even all of it's present day interpretations regarding "Life, the Universe, and all that...", as the late Doug Adams called it, may indeed be just as wrong as all the ones it has been just as wrong about in the past.

In the matter of magnets it's important to note that all magnets, no matter what they are made of, are more strongly attracted to ordinary iron or steel than they are to even another magnet of the opposite polarity and something is definitely "up with them" when comes to being in the presence of copper.

If you've never dropped a magnet down and through a piece of common copper pipe I strongly suggest you try it and see just how "immutable" and irresistable the force of gravity is when it comes to what happens to that magnet.

For any who are unaware or haven't yet read it, Leedskalnin's personal treatise on magnetism is available on-line and is well worth an open-minded read.

Like Bessler he too was a man that single-handedly accomplished something quite extraordinary and that might otherwise be thought to be just as impossible.

He was also abused and ignored to no end and what he managed to do and had to say about it in his own lifetime is yet another little item that science simply won't touch with a ten foot pole in spite of the rock-hard and gigantic pile of evidence that Leedskalnin completely surrounded and at the very same time seemed to conceal it behind.

http://www.leedskalnin.com/LeedskalninsWritings.html
Fondest Regards from the Fox