Magnetic lifter?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Mangyhyena
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Magnetic lifter?

Post by Mangyhyena »

If I take 2 magnets in opposition, insert a metal sheet between them thick enough to attract both magnets, then pull that sheet out, the magnets should repell one another again as the metal sheet leaves the space between them, allowing them to move away from one another.

If the magnets are stacked vertically, one of them should rise when the metal sheet is removed with a horizontal pull. This would be a magnetic lifter. Ideally, neither magnet would actually touch the metal, though they would have to be close enough for each magnet to attract to the metal. That would be possible via mechanical means.

Would it take more energy to pull that metal sheet out from between those magnets than would be expended to simply lift the weight of the top magnet a comparable distance? (comparable meaning lift it as high as the magnet "jumps" when exposed to repulsion from bottom magnet)

I was considering this type of lifter to reset weights on a gravity motor. Would pulling the metal sheet out from between two magnets (magnets do not directly contact metal) require more energy than doing a standard lift of equal distance?

If not, then magnets might be used as the weights in a gravity wheel and stationary magnets would push them back into place, resetting the gravity motor at the end of the fall. Metal "shields" would be moved in between, and out from in between, the stationary magnets and the magnetic weights to accomplish the lift, which would reset that magnetic weight to fall again. In theory.

Anyone seen this attempted in a gravity motor? Links?

Thanks for considering this and sharing any knowledge you have come across or studied.
It'll never fly, orville.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

re: Magnetic lifter?

Post by jim_mich »

I didn't work. The torque required to rotate the wheel around the center stationary magnet was greater than the OOB torque.

The magnets push weights up at top and lift weight up at bottom.

I took it partially apart when I needed the plastic washers for another project.

Attachments
Magnets push weights up at top and lift weight up at bottom.
Magnets push weights up at top and lift weight up at bottom.
Bill_Mothershead
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Bill_Mothershead »

Dang! I can't seem to find the picture that may be just what
you are talking about. So I will have to describe it.

Two wheels. Identical in every way.
Bar magnets attached all the way around the outside of the rim.
North side facing out all the way around.

The two wheels sit side-by-side, very close but not touching.
They repel each other but are balanced - do not rotate.

An iron plate rises from the floor - equidistant between
the wheels - to axel height - halfway up the machine.

Magnets at the bottom of the wheel are attracted to the
iron - AND - somewhat "shielded" from the magnets on
the other side of the plate.

Magnets at the top of the wheel (just past the iron plate)
repel each other.

Forces not balanced...the wheels turn, counter rotating.

At least that is the theory.

Probably a problem. Even if the magnets are above and
rotationally beyond the plate, they still might be
attracted to the plate. It might be a sticky spot.

I specifically remember this because I thought it had merit.
The simple design made it look crude, but perhaps,
with a little thought and experimentation the problems
could be investigated and overcome.

I encourage you to take an interest in this design idea.
I still think it might have some merit.
Andyb
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Andyb »

Hi,it seems to me that these kind of designs that have large fixed weights create a large negative torque factor,example attach the weights to hanging pivits and rotate the wheel and it will rotate with ease ,now try it with the weights as shown above fixed ie the same distance from the center for all the weights and you have a different outcome the wheel will rotate, but it is heavy and will not spin any where near as long as the hanging arrangement,
My experiences with my research have left me more confused at times, but the few lessons i have managed to learn have confirmed that every thing has to retain the power of free motion as Bessler said or you just feel the weight.
There is i am sure a simple explanation for this out come could some body please try and explain what it is,other than heavy please,keep it simple please if you can .thanks Andy.
Only by making mistakes can you truly learn
armsmag
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by armsmag »

Permanent magnetic lifters generate an external magnetic force through the rotation of a central rotor. Magnet provides you a wide range of an excellent assortment of Lifting Magnets . Most designs involve a balancing of multiple magnets to avoid unwanted residual magnetism at the pole surface, but until now, harder materials are more likely to remain partially magnetized following release.

Bill_Mothershead
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Bill_Mothershead »

Wow! A blast from the past (2012).

Here is the link on what I was trying to describe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUcWn1x3Tss