Own up please.

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Of course I have invented PM

You may select 1 option

View results

nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Own up please.

Post by nicbordeaux »

Now then, which of you has invented perpetual motion so far ? Please allow me to run a little poll. Personally I can't invent PM at the moment because I'm too busy.
If you think you have an overunity device, think again, there is no such thing. You might just possibly have an unexpectedly efficient device. In which case you will be abducted by MIB and threatened by aliens.
James_Arne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

re: Own up please.

Post by James_Arne »

Here is one concept that could work. It uses water to pump water.
http://www.overunity.com/12426/continuo ... /#lastPost

from David Naylor, Ph.D., P.Eng., FCSME
Professor
Dept. of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering,

Wow, that looks complicated. It might just work.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

I have invented PM but am keeping it a secret. 50% [ 3 ]
LOL

You should have added "with working models"
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

LOL this is going to be a good one.
Bill_Mothershead
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Bill_Mothershead »

new category...

0 EVERY single idea I had and EVERY build I tried...didn't work...so far.

Today, half of India 's electrical grid is without power:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/ ... 343733417/

My uncle might loose his farm because of global warming/drought:
http://www.ers.usda.gov/newsroom/us-dro ... pacts.aspx

Don't know if Iraq war was probably about oil:
http://www.thedebate.org/thedebate/iraq.asp

...but we do know some things about war:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War_death_toll

It is OK to give up on an idea that doesn't work. I have done it
many times....and expect much more of the same.

But I won't give up on this world, and its people and their need
for this device. If Bessler could do it all those centuries ago,
it must be possible.

I won't give up.
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

''None of above.''

Nice to see you, Nic!
getterdone
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by getterdone »

Well Nic, I solved it in my head again, it isn't the first time, and it probably wont be the last lol. Gotta get back in shop, and test my theory.

Good to have you back
Beer is the cause and the solution of all my problems.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

Good work getterdone,
At least there are some people grounded enough to prove their theory before claiming victory and supreme knowledge. There will be no wheel untill someone proves a theory that gains energy, or finds a way to use up available heat energy from ambient temperature. If aliens give you the method, all the better;)
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

I've been pondering this sort of stuff for at least three decades now, and so I currently have multiple ideas for several different kinds of devices.

In that none of them would use a currently accepted source of energy and/or might use energy that those in mainstream science accept is there but would say can't be harnessed for doing useful work, they would probably all be considered "perpetual motion machines" at this stage.

I have at least one idea (with some possible variations) for a thermo-electric conversion device that could potentially extract energy from the ambient heat in the environment. If it were to work, then, I would essentially be conjuring up a Maxwell's Demon.

Mainstream science would not have a problem with the source of energy for something like this, of course, (with the ultimate source of the heat in our environment being essentially solar energy) but having a working device would mean that I will have invented and engineered something that mainstream scientists currently don't believe can be made (or believe can't be made?).

I also have several ideas for possibly extracting energy from (permanent) magnets - one an electrical device and at least two mechanical.

If one or more of the these were to work, in the way they would operate I would expect the energy to be coming from the magnetic materials themselves - and thus they would be extracting a form of atomic and/or molecular energy (via the magnetic field) that is not currently known by mainstream science. I would thus also expect there to be some sort of change in the magnetic materials - and thus a working device would most likely have to be "refueled" at some point.

...and (of course, in that I'm in this forum) I have several ideas for "gravity powered" devices, too.

If any of these were to work, I would expect the ultimate source of energy to come from the gravitational field itself and/or the motion of the earth.

So, if these were all working devices, the Maxwell's Demon device and the gravity powered devices would for all practical purposes be "perpetual motion machines" - though their ultimate sources of energy would be external to them and explainable.

Anyway, I've made some feeble attempts in the past to build some of these devices (among others), but I still don't know if any of them will work or not yet.

I believe my current builds (and designs) are getting much closer to what I need so that I can properly test my ideas - they seem to be less crude at least - but due to chronic pain and lack of money my progress is very (and quite frustratingly) slow.

I didn't see an option in your poll for a perpetual motion that works in the head but not (yet) in reality - inventions conceived but not fully realized.

All my ideas are different enough from things I've seen elsewhere that I feel I must build and test them to know for sure, though, one way or the other.

Dwayne
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
James_Arne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: re: Own up please.

Post by James_Arne »

Tarsier79 wrote:Good work getterdone,
At least there are some people grounded enough to prove their theory before claiming victory and supreme knowledge. There will be no wheel untill someone proves a theory that gains energy, or finds a way to use up available heat energy from ambient temperature. If aliens give you the method, all the better;)
Aren't forums for discussing idea's ?
Myself, I like the idea I have for Bessler's wheel.
That could be why I'm willing to take the time to learn how to work with wood.
Still, might be easier to criticize other people's efforts.

James_A

edited to add; kaine, you can take it personal if you like, but what "proves" a Bessler wheel is understanding his drawings and writings.
And if they are not known, then someone could claim it as their own and patent it.
Just as the person who claimed I am a fraud. Why such a claim ? They want credit for my work.
As for Bessler, a group like this will never realize his wheel. it's about who gets credit. And if not for your friend, a wheel might have been built by now. He is clever, more so than you.
getterdone
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by getterdone »

Hi James, the only reason I never discuss my ideas before I build is because, I would rather not know why it wont work until it's finished. I like playing in my small shop. I'll post pics as I build it
nicbordeaux
Addict
Addict

Post by nicbordeaux »

One of the problems with Bessler wheels and other such contraptions is that as you grow older, you realize that they are rather similar to your private parts in that although you still have a lot of ideas, you know they're not going to work.
If you think you have an overunity device, think again, there is no such thing. You might just possibly have an unexpectedly efficient device. In which case you will be abducted by MIB and threatened by aliens.
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Sorry to contradict you, Nic!

Mine is looking for new workload, as I grow older.

Raj
getterdone
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by getterdone »

nicbordeaux wrote:One of the problems with Bessler wheels and other such contraptions is that as you grow older, you realize that they are rather similar to your private parts in that although you still have a lot of ideas, you know they're not going to work.
Well Nic, as long as you can convince someone it might work, you can have fun trying.
James_Arne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by James_Arne »

getterdone wrote:Hi James, the only reason I never discuss my ideas before I build is because, I would rather not know why it wont work until it's finished. I like playing in my small shop. I'll post pics as I build it
I guess I am one of those fools that like to think I learned something in school and by having studied math.
As for it not working, it fits very well with what Bessler describes, and since I do believe Bessler built a working wheel, see nothing wrong with considering how an engineered structure could support his claims.
Asd he said, there is a motion to be found in his Maschinen Tractate. And from what I have observed, everyone seems to ignore his drawings as they believe there is nothing there despite what Bessler said.
As things are, I will need to wait until next year. This will give me time to be past my medical problems and be able to rent a space for a small shop. Can't work in an apartment, landlord you know wouldn't like it.

James

edited to add; getterdone, for people to be skeptical, it is something they should be. The reality is that I have spent several hundred dollars on tools. As for the principle itself, it is something I slowly realized after considering it for about 6 months. And now I have a few years invested in this one concept. Some call it tunnel vision but I prefer to call it being focused.
I have told people before it is not about proving something but demonstrating that Bessler was that intelligent and capable. If he wasn't, then he couldn't have done it. But learning something new does take time and effort.