Another claim to a working device...

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Another claim to a working device...

Post by Furcurequs »

I stumbled upon this new claim this evening:
New Gravity-Driven Generator Promised for Gilman Soy Processor

Story date: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 from Illinois Public Media News

A Brazilian-based agribusiness company says its plant in the Iroquois town of Gilman will be home this coming fall to the first generator powered exclusively by gravity.

Incobrasa Industries says the generator, designed by RAR Energy, an affiliated company in Porto Alegre, Brazil, will channel energy contained in the earth’s gravity, into “mechanical movement that is continuous and eternal�. 

The companies ran newspaper ads in central Illinois and Porto Alegre at the beginning of the year.
http://will.illinois.edu/news/spotstory ... rocessor/ 

Here's a link to a blog (in Portuguese) in which the claim is discussed with a bit of skepticism:

http://eloidemar.blogspot.com/2013/01/r ... trico.html

Here is the Google translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?& ... trico.html

One of the advertisements (in Portuguese):

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qe2K4YShPAI/U ... em_PoA.jpg

Here is where it is being discussed on the James Randi Educational Foundation forum - and where I first saw it:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php? ... 1&t=252735

Dwayne
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

re: Another claim to a working device...

Post by Furcurequs »

Not much currently happening at the company website.

Here is the full Google translation:
RAR ENERGY LTD.

Company founded on 04.02.2006, and its controlling partner RENATO BASTOS RIBEIRO and other partners, Aluízio ROGÉRIO MERLIN and MERLIN BROOK BROOK.

The object of the company is research in the energy sector.

The company is headquartered at Rua Pedro Ivo No. 933, District Mont Serrat in Porto Alegre - RS, phone (51) 3331-1100
http://www.rarenergia.com.br/

Edited to add:

...oops... Google seems to have messed up the names:

"RENATO BASTOS RIBEIRO e demais sócios, ALU�ZIO MERLIN RIBEIRO e ROGÉRIO MERLIN RIBEIRO"

Not sure what to think of Google - or those Ribeiros...
I prefer working alone.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

The Ribeiro brothers have contacted me from time to time over a few years. I have never given them much credence for thir work but I could be wrong.

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

I heard about these guys at 6 months or bit more.
It looks that one problem I have, they don't: MONEY.
Reticon
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Reticon »

I got dibs on the bogus bet.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

John,

I certainly don't know the full nature of your communications with the Ribeiro brothers nor would I ask you to betray any sort of confidence that you may have with them, but knowing they have been in contact with you would seemingly indicate they are at least enthusiasts that have been interested in the subject for a while and not just total scammers or somesuch coming from out of the blue.

I personally don't think an obscure advertisement claiming a future installation of a 30 kilowatt generator would be the way we would first hear of a working device, though. I would expect something more along the lines of a news report about physicists truly scratching their heads over and arguing about some low powered prototype that had been publicly demonstrated.

Anyway, I guess, as with all of us, time will tell.

Thanks.

Murilo, I certainly understand that problem. If I had the money I'd probably have some people building some things for me.

I don't think I would be taking out ads, though. If I ended up with something that actually worked, I'd let the news media do all the advertising for me.

If you hear any more news on the Ribeiros' device, though, please let us know.

Reticon,

After some things I've seen with my own experiments, I don't know that I would now bet against anyone. I get a little nervous, even, when I hear new claims - thinking others may have beaten me to it.

As stated above, though, I kind of doubt this is the one.

Take care.

Dwayne
I prefer working alone.
Reticon
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Reticon »

Oh, sure enough I'm a denier. I wasn't always, but as my views have morphed I've always found respect for my contrary views here and so I still come back. The problem with this and many other areas of science is that MANY assume they "almost" have it for one reason or another. Gosh, even the Higgs Boson "discovery" was stated like this: "CERN nuclear research facility have almost certainly found the Higgs" ... I went on to read something like: "We're as sure as we can hope to be." ... We all should be incredibly skeptical of "almost there" especially when we find ourselves saying it. I slept like 1 hour one night because I was literally afraid that someone would break in and steal my sketch that I was sure finally solved it. The next morning I realized that I had just become delirious the night before.

I'm available for delusion recovery counseling from 8-4 on weekdays. :-D Seriously, recovering from my own delusional indulgences has really helped me understand a major dynamic at work in all such claims, even perhaps for Bessler. He may well have even fooled himself with the extraordinary lengths he went through to demonstrate something that so far is physically impossible.

It's probably my overdeveloped propensity to become delusional that makes it easy for me to see how events could have lead to where we are with Bessler. Many of his behaviors are precisely what you'd expect from a malignant narcissist who has redesigned his entire moral ethic around his self-aggrandizing delusion. The pathology of narcissism is well documented, and Bessler's equating "detractors" to the devil is textbook moral substitution. In his world the only evil he could ever commit is to get found out. The only righteousness was in maintaining the possibility that he was what he claimed to be. The belief of others was a placebo for truth, and replaces it entirely in the malignant narcissist. Hence this is also a common trait of cult leaders.

I highly recommend, and have before, this article on Peck's book:

http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Article ... issism.htm

Specifically sections like: "Excessive intolerance of criticism" and "Intellectual deviousness" but all of it is good. I linked to the second part but links at the bottom will get you to the beginning.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

the Ribeiro brothers have made contact with a select few members of this forum that I am aware of, I being one of them.

I have received in the past some well drafted letters, but always left with the premonition that they had nothing and were fishing for ideas to farther their own gains.

When they started getting off subject matter of perpetual wheels, entering other over-unity concepts, I advised them that I was no longer interested in communicating with them.

Ralph
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey Reticon,

To be honest, I am highly skeptical of the Higgs stuff. With a decades old hypothesis and after spending billions of dollars and thousands of man-years to build one of the largest machines ever made to investigate their ideas, I can certainly see where there could be some emotion and wishful thinking involved on the part of the physicists. ...and so also certainly some room for their delusion.

If you've paid close attention, the transitory "particle" which they have apparently "discovered" (and possibly manufactured) doesn't necessarily even fit the definition of the Higgs' boson - no matter how much they want it to. (Well, at least as of the last time I paid close attention.)

The mainstream scientists do have a working hypothesis, however, which predicts certain things and so they do look for those things with indeed a degree of "hope" they will find evidence that would tend to validate their ideas. Of course, with a properly devised experiment the outcome could just as easily provide the evidence that blatantly falsified their hypothesis.

It looks to me, however, as if they may indeed be suffering a bit of confirmation bias at the moment. Of course, I could be suffering from a bit of confirmation bias myself to have made that statement. ...lol

So, I agree we all can certainly be subject to our own delusions. What is the best course of action, though, if not just living a life in which we strive to truly test our notions against reality? ...and even to include testing long held notions that were taught to us and considered to be conventional wisdom.

It may actually be the mass delusions that are the most difficult to overcome and which can lead to the most dire of consequences if not - and the lies possibly promoted by our educators and/or religious leaders and/or even national/political/world leaders.

When it comes to my own inventive ideas, I indeed have felt some anxiousness about some of them and that maybe they were such simple (and/or) great ideas that others would soon come up with them also.

I've unfortunately even found that some of my inventive ideas actually were just re-inventions and so were already known by others. I've also, though, found that some of my ideas "may" be "re-inventions" that are not currently known by others - or at least publicly known - and so might actually fall into the category of "lost ancient technology". (...uh, but that's for another day, though, I guess.)

I don't really get too worked up over the thought of others outright stealing my ideas.

I figure that if I myself don't have the passion and initiative (ignoring my chronic pain) to diligently work on and develop my own inventions in a timely manner, I probably don't have too much to fear regarding others swiping and running with a bunch of my still unproven notions. Well, except perhaps from the likes of those people over at overunity.com who will apparently waste their time replicating anything. ...lol

Thanks for the link about the malignant narcissism. That is interesting reading.

In that Bessler supposedly demonstrated an actual running device, I don't see too many options regarding him. I would think it's either he was a deliberate fraudster or, as difficult as it may be for most to believe, he actually had what he claimed.

Are you saying that he started out as a fraud and then somehow began actually believing or wishing to believe his own lies? I guess that could be a possibility. He certainly seems to have been an interesting character, regardless.

I believe I currently see in the "free energy" community both those who are self-deluded and those who are outright fraudsters - at least when it comes to those claiming to have working devices. ...and to be honest, even in regards to those who are still just experimenting, when it comes to what I've seen that has been publicly shared, I don't believe much looks very promising.

If what most of us here on the forum are looking for is actually possible, however, and Bessler really did have what he claimed, as I've said before, I believe I saw the principle(s) on which it might have operated back in October of 2010. If that design actually were to work, I believe I could then explain quite a few of Bessler's supposed clues.

My design is based upon some stuff that actually had me scratching my head a bit over two decades ago, though, so I wasn't really approaching the problem based totally upon a faith in the Bessler story nor a desire to decode his clues so as to vindicate him in some way. Knowing of his claim and seeing how my own design might in some ways actually fit some of his supposed clues, however, did initially give me a bit more incentive to pursue the matter.

I've still not yet fully built an adequate test device with which to properly confirm or falsify my own hypothesis (or delusion?). I, unfortunately, set aside my fourth build attempt when my landlord decided to do some work on my place over the summer, and due to my chronic pain I've had a very hard time forcing myself to return to it.

This week, though, I have at least been working on some computer animations that show some of the principles on which I'm basing the design. I'm using the free ray tracing program Povray to make them.

They turned out so nice, I thought about uploading them, but I'm not really ready to show my hand just yet.

So, I may have to do some unrelated animations to at least show off what can be done with the program with its scripting language. It is pretty impressive.

Anyway, thanks again.

Ralph,

Thanks for your input about the Ribiero brothers, too. Like with John, I wouldn't ask that you betray any sort of confidence. I do get the impression, however, that neither one of you really take them all that seriously.

Did they ever post on the forum? I only found this thread when I searched on their name.

Again, I suppose time will tell about their claim.

Oh, and good luck with your latest stuff.

Dwayne
I prefer working alone.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

Reticon wrote:The next morning I realized that I had just become delirious the night before.
The buzz saw thought thread?
I posted a link in the psychology of fraud thread to an article at npr about the connection between narcissism and fraud. Interesting.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Dwayne wrote;
Did they ever post on the forum? I only found this thread when I searched on their name.

Again, I suppose time will tell about their claim.

Oh, and good luck with your latest stuff.
To my knowledge they have never been registered here, if so it would be by a pseudonym. IIRC you can find them on over-unity.com.

And thank you for the good luck wish!

Ralph
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Ralph,

Thanks for the info.

I did a quick search at overunity.com and wasn't able to find them there, either, but I'm not a member (and don't really feel like joining at the moment), so member information is not available to me. ...and, of course, I don't know their screen names over there, either.

No biggie. I'll probably just keep my eye out for any further news - out of curiosity

...and you're welcome.

Dwayne
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey Murilo,

I thought I would bump this thread with the new information. Thanks.
murilo wrote:Beware!

Fresh news! Very fresh!

As I use to say, our competition never sleeps!

http://www.rarenergia.com.br/

They say it will be for 30kW in july and another one is now going on the US!

I got not yet time to think about this - I would reject this clue, truly.

Hard to believe that these guys wouldn't built this without a smaller working model.
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 659#109659

They apparently claim on the website to have a smaller model. Whether it actually works or not, though, I don't know.

...bolding mine:
We will build in Porto Alegre, at Av. Patria, 195 - a power generator that started by a
mechanic system, and exclusively powered by the gravity force.
It will be the first equipment with this technology in the world.
We have a small machine for experience and testing in our headquarter at Av. Pedro
Ivo,933.
The mechanic system was created under a special conception, to pick up and
take the energy contained in the planet gravity, at any moment and place, without
pollution or heat. Technology was completely developed by our Company and consists
in a continuos movement with some extra energy that can be taken, in a continuous
and perpetual mechanic movement. This equipment is similar to a combustion engine,
where a set of wheights represent the fuel and pistons that activate assemblies connected
to a crankshaft. Another similar equipment will be built in the U.S.A. at the Incobrasa
Industries Ltd plant, a Company of the group, located in Gilman, IL. Both equipment
are demonstration models with capacity to generate 30 KW, and will be ready in the
middle of the next year. The technique allows the building of great power generators.
This certainly looks to be a huge and nice build. I can't imagine building something so big and expensive without knowing that it was going to work, either.

Perhaps those people with some experience with the Ribeiro brothers might like to chime in again?

Anyway, with all those pictures, there's not much hidden and it also sounds like it won't be long until they go public with a demonstration. So, I guess we'll know soon enough.

It appears to be quite unlike anything I'm working on - and lacks features of my own ideas - so I really can't speak about it without a full analysis.

It does look like it would be very easy to replicate, however. ...especially with some of my favorite working materials - the 1/4" square lengths of popular and wire nails for pins/bearings.

Thinking purely in terms of my engineering training and understanding of conventional crankshaft type mechanisms, I wouldn't think that this thing could work.

Could the force vectors while in operation possible sum in such a way that there is a net torque per revolution on the crankshaft?

Dwayne
I prefer working alone.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

“ Could the force vectors while in operation possible sum in such a way that there is a net torque per revolution on the crankshaft? �

I imagine this is their thinking , but they might have a better chance of achieving that if the weighted beams had a mechanism to allow timing of their downward power stroke.
Possible mechanisms to accomplish that would be an adjustable spring arrangment in the crank pivot (which I don’t see any sign of in the photos) or an inertial crossbar arrangement at the weight locations .

The three weights that are fitted appear to have quite a number of ’bolt holes’ or rivets where I wouldn’t expect anything if they were solid masses of machined or cast iron . So we may not be looking at the completed item yet . Possibly a flywheel might be fitted along the way somewhere too .

Stick a large cigar and a stove pipe hat on the guy obviously in charge and posing in most of the first ten pictures and you have a pretty accurate representation of Isambard Kingdom Brunel (the early 19th century engineering genius) , so anything is possible ! . I wonder if he is the guy whose ass is on the line ?
He does have a very serious (if not worried) expression on his face : )

I would love to see them have some success with this because I really don’t think this is any part of a scam . And it’s a lovely piece of engineering .

I hope they know something I don’t . If they do and this works then I know who will wan’t to make a deal with me when I finish my wheel ! : )
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey Art,

Thanks for pointing out the apparent bolt holes. I had not really noticed those. So, maybe I jumped the gun in thinking about an analysis already and there actually is more of the machine to be added that's just not yet shown.

I've not yet seen anything here that might affect the patentability of my own ideas if they were to ultimate work. Of course, though, I've not yet seen anything here that would necessarily lead me to believe it will work, either.

...other than the shear size and likely cost of this thing?

...but I wanted to be the first! :(

Maybe it's just rich people who believe in big prototypes and who are willing to fail big?! ...I hope.

...lol

Could this actually be our competition? It sure looks like they are closer to market than I am.

Take care.

Dwayne