Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Art
Devotee
Devotee

Quotes and Unquotes

Post by Art »

Quote = Something like this :-

" Sometimes you just have to do something once before you know whether you want to do it twice " - Arthur Haire ( 1947 - ???? )

Unquote = Plagerised Quote with Modifications : -

" "There's nothing wrong with being a self made man if you don't consider the job finished too soon " - John Mooney ------------

--------- " Pardon me Roy , Is that the Chatanooga Chu Chu ??? " "

Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Quotes and Unquotes

Post by rlortie »

Roy Rogers decided to take some city friends on a camping trip. They saddled the horses and a pack mule and rode of into the wilderness.

Early evening the pitched their tents and settled in for the night. While asleep a panther sneaked into camp and chewed up Roy's fancy patten leather cowboy boots.

The following morning Roy was outraged. He saddled up Trigger and headed for the ranch after a rifle. He told his wife Dale that he was going to get that damn cat.

Later that afternoon, the group returned to the ranch with the dead panther strapped to the pack mule.

Dale came running out of the ranch house singing; " Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes".
triplock

Post by triplock »

Are good,

Now's my time to ask. How do you quote other peopleto respond to a particular comment, as I normally just retype as a whole. (It's only taken me 3 years to ask !1)

eg. how do you get:

Trevor Says:

Chris, you are a trully inspirational being, and gifted in all regards
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Quotes and Unquotes

Post by eccentrically1 »

rlortie wrote:Roy Rogers decided to take some city friends on a camping trip. They saddled the horses and a pack mule and rode of into the wilderness.

Early evening the pitched their tents and settled in for the night. While asleep a panther sneaked into camp and chewed up Roy's fancy patten leather cowboy boots.

The following morning Roy was outraged. He saddled up Trigger and headed for the ranch after a rifle. He told his wife Dale that he was going to get that damn cat.

Later that afternoon, the group returned to the ranch with the dead panther strapped to the pack mule.

Dale came running out of the ranch house singing; " Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes".
You can quote the next to last post in full by clicking the quote button, like so.

To single out and answer specific comments you can use the quote/unquote button above the reply box.

To quote from the last post, you have to cut and paste.

Hope that helps some.
triplock

Post by triplock »

triplock

Post by triplock »

Right, didn't work :-D

Try again.

Please ignore this topic as I'm about to wreck it !!
triplock

Post by triplock »

rlortie wrote:Roy Rogers decided to take some city friends on a camping trip. They saddled the horses and a pack mule and rode of into the wilderness.

triplock

Post by triplock »

Right, got that bit. Now to zoom in on particular sentences.
triplock

Post by triplock »

To hightlight specific parts to quote, do you have to press quote then delete the sections you don't want to display ?

Seems long winded ?

Chris[/quote]
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

No, You can quote a page or paragraph and then highlight what you desire within the quote, underling, making bold or change color. You can also delete sections within the quoted material.

If you are after a specific part of a post, highlight and copy that which you wish to quote and put it in your post. I usually start out with: so and so wrote: and then paste the words I copied.

Ralph
triplock

Post by triplock »

Ok thanks Ralph and eccentrically .

I'll use this topic to mess about in rather than contaminate other topics with my trial and error learning ways of making the posting experience more enjoyable for all :-D :)

Tks

Chris
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

triplock wrote:Are good,

Now's my time to ask. How do you quote other peopleto respond to a particular comment, as I normally just retype as a whole. (It's only taken me 3 years to ask !1)

eg. how do you get:

Trevor Says:

Chris, you are a trully inspirational being, and gifted in all regards
You pay him lots of money! lol

With respect, Trevor
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
triplock

Post by triplock »

I like you Trevor, you're cool and slightly mad.

Chris
Trevor Lyn Whatford
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Trevor Lyn Whatford »

Hi Chris,

the Therapy is working then, I have gone from totally to slightly, still it has its perks, they know let me drink out of a glass, and use a knife and fork, the biggest problem was when they moved me from the padded room, I cracked my head open a few time but I got use to it in the end!!!

With respect, Trevor

Edit, I hope they do not find out, I sneak into the office and use there computer, shhhhh! Got to go there someone coming.
Last edited by Trevor Lyn Whatford on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been wrong before!
I have been right before!
Hindsight will tell us!
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

Need to make Chris's last post quotable , so I need to make it rise off the end of the page (heinious height for more height) since it is the last post on the page before this one !

So that is why I have to post this post --- ( Bugger ! )

Edit : Double Bugger - It was the last post before Trevor posted his last post above .

I'm going to tell Murillo on you two guys if you keep this up !

Last edited by Art on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !