How Difficult can it be?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by rasselasss »

Thanks for that Fletcher (and Bill) as i said these are just thoughts.. what would come to my mind,Wolff did not actually see the weight (covered) possibly could have been rare earth magnets also not in insulated pockets which would help...this is far out..."off the wall thinking"...Good Luck.
unstable
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by unstable »

"rare earth magnets" at that time I find it very unlikely. :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_element
Look at the dates on the wikipedia page.
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: How Difficult can it be?

Post by Senax »

rlortie wrote:No fee, very few commercial breaks, if sometimes any!
Pick your artists or genre and build as many stations as you wish. I currently have 36, Play one or click on shuffle.

https://www.pandora.com/station/play/616375563168009341

Right now the Ventures are playing Baja...
Not available in the UK yet - though they say it is their intention to expand it to other countries.
AVE MARIA, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Ô Marie, conçue sans péché, priez pour nous qui avons recours à vous.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Should read lodestone Unstable....slip of the tongue to finger..see link.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Senax,that is the second time you have posted a comment on the same link to Riortie on this thread....are you deliberately trying to be disruptive.
Last edited by rasselasss on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unstable
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by unstable »

Rasselasss, interesting :) thanks
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Always we think of the Bessler solution in the context of a wheel,a normal response to what we are seeking as per the title.In truth we must first seek a P.M. device,forget the wheel and concentrate solely on this.....then and only then insert it to drive a wheel..to me, most here are guilty of this including myself.Just my thoughts on this.....The moving "eye"in the pendulum described earlier with its simplicity and the only moving part being the pivot or fulcrum for the pendulum arm not counting the "eye" has given me the best results so far to a P.M.device,strangely enough using a "bob"of 4 ounces and a moving "eye"inserted and allowed to move from east to west and back to east(continuously)of 1 ounce to alter the weight swing.The problem i've encountered is the location (centre,lower or higher up in the"bob")and the length of the pendulum arm it has taken me a lot of time to re -position this and much time wasted but i believe replacing this "butchered"pendulum with a more precise one and being able to adjust the moving "eye"(up or down eliminating trial and error)it can be achieved.....edited to correct diction.
Last edited by rasselasss on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

The nearest example to explain this PM device has been in the past discussed on this forum many times...is that of a child on a "swing"using their body by moving their legs and shifting their body backwards and forwards so to continue swinging without being pushed.....you know when i started this i had to ask myself was this simple movement to a pendulum Besslers solution and if it is it could answer a lot of questions ...Karls response etc....i conclude this by stating this device WILL give P.M. with minimal precision...now the question arises "How to insert it inside a wheel"...anyone considering making this device the weight of the "bob"should be 4 times heavier than the moving (rolling) eye weight and the length of the pendulum arm to pivot is critical (giving a larger sweep of the bob thus slowing the eye movement making it easier to control as it rolls along its track ..the shorter the arm and swing arc causes the movement to be chaotic ,finding the "sweet"spot is difficult with much trial and error) also the track (horizontal)for the moving rolling "eye"should be dead centre of the"bob"to provide the alternating weight difference to each side of the "bob"with each swing of the pendulum ...As stated i conclude this part of this P.M. device ...A thought for those with vision,if you ever tried to stop a child on a swing quickly ,you can imagine the power needed to stop a pendulum of say 8 stone with a 2 stone moving rolling eye...it would knock a man over........Good Luck..
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

My wife(her indoors)has named this P.M.device ....Flip-Flop..because of the movement...and the noise.....Good Luck..back in 4 weeks..work committments.
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

rasselasss wrote:Senax,that is the second time you have posted a comment on the same link to Riortie on this thread....are you deliberately trying to be disruptive.
I apologise for my senior moment. :-)
Senax
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Senax »

rasselasss wrote:The nearest example to explain this PM device has been in the past discussed on this forum many times...is that of a child on a "swing"using their body by moving their legs and shifting their body backwards and forwards so to continue swinging without being pushed.....you know when i started this i had to ask myself was this simple movement to a pendulum Besslers solution and if it is it could answer a lot of questions ...Karls response etc....I conclude this by stating this device WILL give P.M. with minimal precision...now the question arises "How to insert it inside a wheel"...anyone considering making this device the weight of the "bob"should be 4 times heavier than the moving (rolling) eye weight and the length of the pendulum arm to pivot is critical (giving a larger sweep of the bob thus slowing the eye movement making it easier to control as it rolls along its track ..the shorter the arm and swing arc causes the movement to be chaotic ,finding the "sweet"spot is difficult with much trial and error) also the track (horizontal)for the moving rolling "eye"should be dead centre of the"bob"to provide the alternating weight difference to each side of the "bob"with each swing of the pendulum ...As stated i conclude this part of this P.M. device ...A thought for those with vision,if you ever tried to stop a child on a swing quickly ,you can imagine the power needed to stop a pendulum of say 8 stone with a 2 stone moving rolling eye...it would knock a man over........Good Luck..
I'm inclined to agree - but surely it is necessary to demonstrate this experimentally before embarking on incorporating it in a wheel.
rasselasss
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by rasselasss »

Senax,its very simple to build as i have described previously which is a P.M. device and will continue motion until the pendulum bearing gives up.In truth after reading some of the posts in reply to Raj's attempts in his thread ,stuff sounding like "been there,done that twenty years ago"and the sarcastic remarks from others,statements like "i'll show later,which never happens"....makes you wonder why show anything here when they contribute very little apart from a "i know better attitude"and contempt ....i had thought we were all in this to solve this puzzle but i guess i was wrong,i'm very disappointed in attitudes shown on this forum.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

rasselasss

I find the forum format does bias communication to a negative direction.

However I choose to think it is more the media that the people.

Trying to explain, have a complex communication, is and always will be an uphill battle.

However out there, in the wider world, it is even more of a climb.

Regards
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Georg Künstler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Georg Künstler »

Hi rasselasss,

you used the word a Bob, what exactly do you see with this,
can I see it as an Container for the cylindrical weights ?

If yes, then we are on the same page.
Best regards

Georg