Ages of PMers

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

What age group do belong to?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:38 am

under 20 years of age
5%
21-30 years of age
10%
31-40 years of age
30%
41-60 years of age
55%

Total votes: 20

John Collins
Addict
Addict

Ages of PMers

Post by John Collins »

Idle curiosity compels me to ask what age people are who come here to read and post on this forum. I had an idea that there were basically two groups, those around late twenties and the rest in their fifties but I could be wrong. Why not do the poll?
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

re: Ages of PMers

Post by ovyyus »

I think it's a bit unfair to have such a broad catagory as 41 - 60 :)
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Ah well Bill, I'm 59! Suits me :-)
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Hmmm.. I see, life ends at 60? I've only got three years left to solve this riddle before they cart me off and lock me up in an old peoples asylum? Poor John gets carted away next year!

I would think that inventive dreaming is mostly the very young or the more mature. The early years are busy spent working your butt off trying to earn enough to pay debts incured to feed, clothe and house ones young family. Eventually the debts get under control or paid off and the creative energies flow again.

Just my opinion.

John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Maybe I should add a 40-50 and a over 60? Or is it too late?
graham
Devotee
Devotee

Post by graham »

Jim I think you make a very good point and I agree with you. Perhaps a better question would be " At what age did you get interested in this problem and how long have you been tormenting your poor little mind looking for the answer ?"

I first read about J B in 1987 in a book called "The perpetual motion mystery, A continuing quest" by R A Ford. There was a small section about J B and his wheels in this book. At the time I was a spry young 47.

So you do the math.

Graham
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Gee graham, your too old to vote here :))

coylo

Post by coylo »

I had a feeling I was on this forum with a bunch of GranDa's.

I'm 24 by the way.
murilo
Addict
Addict

Post by murilo »

Hello, kids!
I would like to score, but there is no place for my caliber!
Remember, boys: yet 61 is not that much! :{|
( you'll see it, if you arrive there! )
All the best. M. SP oct/29th
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

I'm 21 with 24 years experience ;)

You're probably right Jim, unless you are from a privileged or protected background or are so single minded to the exclusion of all else, then the neccessities of life such as finding a job, a mate, feeding yourself & any dependants that come along, paying rent or mortgage etc kind of clips the wings of your once soaring creative spirit. Peter Pan is temporarily grounded.

Later in life the urgency & seriousness of making your way fades & is replaced with a little more life balance & you remember how you once had lofty thoughts in years gone by. Some of us, if we are lucky, are able to shrug the shackles of the "here & now" to soar figuratively again, or, you could get your pilots licence.

A taxi driver in Honolulu recently asked me how I would know when I reached middle age ? It's when your once broad mind & narrow waiste change places he said. Let's hope that's not entirely true !

-fletcher
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

That is an interesting question John, but I agree that your formulation of this particular poll leaves a little to be desired. :-) I would like to break out some more granular categories, but I can't do that now that votes have already been cast in the categories you defined. One option is to start the poll over from the beginning with a new set of options. I can do this if enough people support the idea.
What do you all think?
-Scott

P.S. When you create a poll you have two options: "unique choice" and "multiple choices". Unique choice means voters can only select one option (radio button). Multiple choice means voters can choose multiple options (checkboxes). I changed this one to unique choice.
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Yes sorry Scott, I've never tried to set up a poll before and I got confused - it's my age! Personally, I'd be interested in the results, so if you want to set it up again with more choices to include all ages I'll vote again.
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

I'm interested too and will vote again, if someone redoes the poll.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.