Welcome!

Ask a question or request a feature related to the website or forum...

Moderator: scott

How do you like the new discussion board?

You may select 1 option

View results

scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

OK should be working now. Unfortunately I had to restore the database to a slightly older date so a few posts were lost. If so please repost them and sorry for the inconvenience.

One of the posts that was lost had this text but i don't know who posted it. If it was you can you please repost it in the appropriate topic?

The other post was by James and I already sent the contents to him.

I believe these were the only meaningful posts that were lost.

Thanks,
Scott

--- snip ---
@alan

I am quit excited about your announcement on the other two sites i visit, It will be my first time along for the ride when someone respected says they have it.

I understand the secrecy trust me i do, but even a non sound video, i don't doubt you one bit but love eye candy. I also assume that since you aren't responding to torque or energy questions its maybe just that it is a toy. But as soon as i saw toy my first thought was damnit. ""thats how i would have patented it""

Hope it all works out well. And it really is it. the best part about gravity wheels will be that you can build them at home. Solar just never took off because of the cost of the panel. If gravity motors can be built as easily as sheds, yee ha.

@ralph,

how do you work? can i ask questions regarding my builds, and you can tell me why they don't work if you have been down that road before without revealing secrets?
Thanks,
Scott
Last edited by scott on Fri May 09, 2008 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

re: Welcome!

Post by pstroud »

Scott

Work monitors internet access

Can I get an email each day with all posts for the day?

U r do'n great job!!!!!

Preston
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Good idea Preston. I found an email digest mod I can apply to the site here: http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/7574

Does that sound like what you're looking for?

Since the mod requires a chron job on the server, and the site is now remotely hosted, I'm not sure how difficult or even if I can apply this mod.

But I can look into it.
pstroud
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by pstroud »

Hi Scott,

I read the document describing the posting digest emailing. It loks perfect!!!!

I would like to see something similar to Yahoo Groups's digests where I can get an email on every post or an email once a day with all postings.

It would also be very helpful if you modified the notice of new thread posting that your site currently sends out. I would really like it if the actual detail text of the post was included in that email so I don't have to go to the site to see the text. After reading the email, I can then decide if I want to go to the site and post a reply. This really helps when traveling on business so we can catch up on reading the posts in spare time when we do not have internet access.

Thanks for your help!
Preston
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

I don't know if the poll is still open. I shall try if this reply gets through but I must say that this is the best forum I have ever been on. The members are generally very civilised and constructive and, of course the subject they are tackling is not only fascinating but highly addictive.
justalabrat
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: re: Welcome!

Post by justalabrat »

Stewart wrote: The image that MrTim and I are referring to however, is the one at the top of this forum. Does anyone else see Bessler's eyes move and his tongue poke out? I've only just noticed it happening, and it seems so obvious now that I can't believe I could have missed it if it had been happening all along. Perhaps there's some criteria that makes it happen, but I guess only Scott could answer that! ;-)

Stewart
LOL, I just saw this for the first time! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Just wanted to say - Welcome Glasgow
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Are there any plans to make this site secure when entering the login. So it's SSL login compliant ?

Regards
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Hi agor95,

SSL has always been supported, but you had to type in "https://" by hand. I made a change so now it is the default.

Thanks,
Scott
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Hi Scott .. John Collins has asked someone to contact you here. He has sent you emails thru the forum etc but has no reply to date. Apparently he was making some minor changes to his John Collins profile and was locked out of the forum and his old user name.

He wants to reactivate under his old handle so he doesn't lose all his previous posts, albums etc.

He has tried joining under a temporary name to raise the issue with you via a post here but his new name etc isn't being accepted after trying 20 odd times.

Hope you can help him.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Hello Fletcher,

I flagged your post. I categorize my complaint other.
And the message I sent to Scott was, please help.

I know some people don't like mr. Collins. However, if it were not for him a lot of people
would not be here today. I've given a shout out to my client, in the name of Jesus Christ
For mr. Collins, and his Amy.

To put some meaning behind my thankfulness, I have donated to help Amy walk.
I don't put much stock in human ability. However, I put a lot of stock in my client.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
scott

Post by scott »

Thanks guys. Scott did contact me so I owe both of you.

‘Not like mr collins’? What’s not to like? 🤔

And a big thank you to you waltzCee, I assume you donated under your real name? Anyway I appreciate all kind words and deeds, my Amy is constantly amazed at the generosity of folks.

JC
John Collins
Addict
Addict

Post by John Collins »

Thank you Scott. I’m back. I hope there are not too many people who are disappointed! Lol

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scott »

Glad you are back, John. Sorry, I had an old, defunct email in my own profile settings, which I have now updated.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

I used a gift card. I pressed the button about three times. I'm still trying to figure out if it went through.

I'm going to call the 800 number on the back of the gift card and see what the value is.

It didn't take the gift card. I'm talking with someone at go fund me now. I think it's a currency
issue, USD to British pounds.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.