Members Only Forum?

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Should we set up a members only forum? (Please vote!)

You may select 1 option

View results

scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Members Only Forum?

Post by scott »

Hi Everyone,

I'm conducting this poll to guage interest in another idea: a members only forum.

Several people have expressed concern about sharing ideas on the public forum. I could easily create a members only forum for people to share their more sensitive ideas with a more secure and targeted audience.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Scott
Last edited by scott on Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
M.O.

re: Members Only Forum?

Post by M.O. »

Scott, you seem quite capable of observing certain happenings on your site and assimilating the resulting data adequately, yet I find hardly any information worthy of note that would interest me, personally in such a venue. For one that is interested in a forum for members only, for them to become more open with their ideas, I daresay I would think you may be more open yourself. Really, who should think a M.O. forum would provide advantage over sharing openly with the whole group? Those with the means to be of real consequence to the successful inventor would be at the round table as well. What is to be gained? I for one think that by posting the history of intrusion attempts (successful or otherwise), to which you have knowledge, on your site and their Inic addresses would be a great first step at fostering the level of trust you may seek to engender in those interested in a M.O. forum.
Patrick
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Patrick »

Hi Scott;
I accidentally voted 'I don't care' to your question. But the more I think about it, the better the idea sounds. I think it may well be the only way to get valuable discussion and enthusiam amongst people that are serious about solving Besslers wheel. I find it funny that since you posted this idea; there have been several anonymous posts spring up that are fervently opposed to the idea. If someone is opposed to an idea why do they feel the need to post anonymously about it???
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Hi Scott,

Yep, I think it's a good idea to take certain research discussion out of the public arena. The latest 'guest' posts by our old friend Mr Fruitcake show that some are lurking here only to further their own agenda. This same kook is actually a registered member of this discussion board. What a pathetic individual.

PS: I think it would be a good idea to at least dis-allow anonamous guest posting to the board. Surely anyone with something of value to contribute wouldn't mind registering as a member?
Last edited by ovyyus on Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breezeway

Post by breezeway »

Pat, what a hoot, coming from you. I can intimate more to you personally with this single statement: "The wind is whispering through the pines" than you would ever care to admit. So why should you still be of two minds regarding those like myself. One does what one can.....while another does what one should. May you be granted discernement concerning the two. I harbor no attitude of condescension or dismissiveness towards you and yours. Neither do I harbor disdain for One that would reach out to you with a healing touch, as well.

Regards,

One who still manages to care.
Patrick
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Patrick »

Okay.
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Scott,
I voted I don't care simply because,

1. There's not a lot of sensitive information I have to share.
2. If there was any real (underline real-so far none) sensitive information I would keep it to myself until I bebunked it.
3. Most people who come on here do so under false names (Etc.) so I really don't know whom I am dealing with.

Michael
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
R.U.

Post by R.U. »

I am not now nor have I ever been, nor do I intend to become a registered user of this board for my own reasons, plain and simple. It is enough that some of you to whom I speak know me by my words. You who are bogged down in a quagmire of names, titles and other base concerns would do well worry less about the "anonymous rantings" of a "fruitcake" and more about your collective pasts running away from you into your future. If you hurry, you can still catch them, though I have my reservations. I would just as soon have Scott put it to a vote as to whether or not my posts should be allowed on the board and would then acquiesce to the resulting consensus. But then, alas, such would require my adequately verifiable registration information which I am sure some of you could corroborate judging by the amount of time you have invested.........studying fruitcake. At any rate, it has been interesting and entertaining to make your collective acquaintance. Oh, one more thought, speaking of pasts and futures.....mine has caught up with me as well and I will endeavor to catch hold and ride it like a dolphin rides a bow wave lest it pass me by as well. I will give you this, Ovyyus, your stalwort adversarial machinations have served to sharpen my focus on what now proves inescapable for me....the daunting mantle that I have eluded foolishly for immeasurable moments in this eternity.

Regards,

Y.K.W.
Patrick
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Patrick »

Whoa, that was cool....kinda like from a movie or something. Can you tell me more about the whispering Pines, I'm curious?
G.L.

Post by G.L. »

Really? I was thinking more lyrically. Like a song from old Gordy Lightfoot from up there in the great white north. Yeah, that's the one.
Gordy

Post by Gordy »

I was going for "If I could read your mind" or maybe "circle of steel". I would also accept Don Quixote, but definitely not "I'm not sayin/Ribbon of darkness", "make way for the lady" or what Pat was probably thinking: "hangdog hotel room" or "Pony Man".

Buddum bum.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Lest I confuse anyone further, I meant : what song Pat would likely say I was thinking of as an act of jestful belittlement.
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

How about ooohhh what a lucky man, he was...

"Crazy is as crazy does." Let's eat a cracker. But not if it's been in the center of a circle.

My two cents of mind stoningly twilight zone.
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
Zen

Post by Zen »

I thought whispering pines was referring to shoto.
I just passed Y.K.W. in the cafeteria and he said he was on his way to the texas school book depository; anybody know what that means?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

hmmm, you "stumped" me.....maybe the wind blew those whispering pines down and they're now "stumped" too.