Design Status Update

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I have started work on another design. It is based on a sound principle - a widely known one at that - which I am attempting to exploit in order to maintain more mass on one side of a wheel than the other. I am currently working to sim it in WM.
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

re: Design Status Update

Post by cloud camper »

Good luckTiger!
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Thank you sir. This is proving to be quite the engineering challenge! I am already on my 11th redesign drawing and have gone through 6 imported weight and path distribution designs from AutoCAD. At first I got things moving, but only in the fashion that it bottomed out. (I usually do this first to see what I have to work with.) When I restricted that motion, it would lock up. At first it started out as a simple design, but over half of my redesigns have been to try to simplify it to as few parts as possible, as WM does not seem to have the capability to make even an eight-weight system. I am constantly revisited by "could not complete your request because there is not enough memory." That is the most frustrating part of it all, as it always calls for a complete design overhaul. I also find myself having to start over from scratch when my constraints unexpected un-anchor themselves from the background - what I wouldn't give for layers like AutoCAD or Adobe right now. If I drag an object, then an adjacent, unattached constraint will revert to its original dimensions, in which case I have to either redo calculations or arrive at the desired dimensions again through reimporting from ACAD. It's all sooo very frustrating, but at the same time also very fun. (I did figure out that using actuators restricted by ropes takes up less memory than springs though.) :)

Oddly enough, the more I simplify it to something that WM can handle, the more complex it looks, as I am dropping in parts designed in CAD to supplement some of the memory-hogging constraints of WM. It now resembles something you might see in an automobile! LOL.
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

I'm new to this whole WM2D thing, so you might already know this, but the documentation gives tips on making your simulation run faster.

If you haven't already, review page 280 of the User Guide.

You can find the same information in WM2D help -> Contents -> Tips for Advanced Users -> How do I make a simulation run faster
Attachments
MakingYourSimulationRunFaster.jpg
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Finally...seven months later...just to prove the concept of "excess weight." I haven't even begun the engineering.

https://youtu.be/VP6_62Fj5Eo
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Silvertiger wrote:I have started work on another design. It is based on a sound principle - a widely known one at that - which I am attempting to exploit in order to maintain more mass on one side of a wheel than the other. I am currently working to sim it in WM.
So, how is that going?
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Hey Walt, sorry for the late reply. Yeah, it works in sim, just haven't had time to build it to test it. I have preliminary cad drawings for everything I need to build it - I have the whole thing designed in 3d all the way down to the mags and pickup coils lol. A great deal of the parts will need to be custom-machined, most especially the axle, which is the most important thing that will make it or break it. But the video of the sim is in the post right above yours, partially covered of course.