Design Status Update

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: Design Status Update

Post by rlortie »

Was Ralph talking about the simwise video, then?
Motion Engine in SW4D

looks the same in you-tube presentation aspect as in full screen mode. Vewing other videos, ratio appears normal, return to your sim and the lever changes lengths as it goes from horizontal to vertical, to obvious to be a viewing ratio problem.

Am I the only one experiencing this? IF so, how do I change aspect ratio?

Ralph
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

It's a perspective view, Ralph. These views are available in 3d programs. Would you like to see another video exploring it from all possible angles?
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Sorry, but still seeing variable length of leaver. One inch (2.54cm)...

Measurement taken with steel tape measure at three and twelve o'clock positions.

Ralph
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Here is a new video. If that doesn't prove it, I don't know what to tell you. It's also possible that it was caused by the aspect ratio of the window in which I recorded the video, as it was a custom drag-size screen rather than full screen.

And also, changing the length of a lever mid-operation will not give you a constant mechanical advantage, as it would inevitably bottom out...plus it's stupid and overly complicated as you can achieve the same thing in a far simpler manner by just moving a weight instead. And that train of thought is based on the erroneous notion that all torques don't cancel. That's why people still believe that moving weights further out and bringing them back in again will cause a constant over balance. Tisk, tisk.
Last edited by Silvertiger on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Silvertiger wrote:snip ... I suppose I could write a formula that adds all com's but I don't think it would show the little circle.

Edit: I found the button for it. Didn't know it was there. I kept looking in Measure on the Menu lol.

Ok so here is a video of the System CoM.
Yeah, it's in the View pull-down menu.

It would have helpful had you zoomed in on the Sys CoM and perhaps made the lever transparent in Window > Appearance; maybe next time.

So we can deduce (without zooming in for a close look which might disprove this) that any hidden elements/parts (with mass) are at all times evenly distributed (balanced) around the 0,0 datum (lever axle).

If you want to do a System Check of KE then you can write your own formula by simply making any Output (such as Measure > momentum etc) and renaming it - then in the > Properties give the Output box a new label such as Sys KE and in Equation just write Kinetic() - now it will show the System KE at any time - you can plot it etc.

I know you have said before that your version doesn't support that Gross KE formula I just gave but I don't see why not really.

But KE by itself also needs to be compared to changes in Total elements SUM GPE.

What I do is create Output boxes for say KE of each part (3 to a box and the 4th slot is Sum of those outputs :. Output123.y1+Output123.y2+Output123.y3 - you can make these Outputs invisible - add all the parts KE AND GPE's into a Summary Output and then deduct one from the other. No one knows where all the bits and pieces came from. They just see the summary.

You end up with a Net Energy situation - although it doesn't present as an icon to follow on the screen you can see how the sum Totals of say KE - GPE change, or remain constant as the case may be.

Basically the known 3 classes of lever prove that GPE lost is KE gain (no more), for the same vertical height change - and this confirms that gravity force is a conservative force regardless of the path taken.

Since your sims are accelerating and the KE values getting larger and you don't need gravity other than to start and oscillation in lieu of a push start then an Energy Budget showing the comparison between GPE lost and KE gained would be very important, IMO.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

Silvertiger I believe that you are using a couple spiral gears/wheels to make about a 4 to 1 ratio unbalanced until it changes direction. You can weight down anything with a force with a lever in one direction but if you are doing what I'm saying you are trying to have it do that and then force it in the other direction to do that same thing again. I don't know what you are doing. But if you are doing that, you might not have the physics in your simulator to explain what is happening. I have repeatedly explained that I personally think that the Mould Effect is false in its explanation that it hits a beaker and that what I believe is it's uneven oscillations that create drag in the direction you left if you are leaving a direction too quickly. You're going to get this whip lash full force that could be used on potential flying cars if you try to force your fly wheels to change directions. You should not be able to overcome this uneven oscillation produced movement without external force within your perpetual motion machine even though nobody acknowledges this force except me right now it seems.
Last edited by preoccupied on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

No spirals. No gears. The only "external" force present is gravity, but that is optional, as - at least in sims, in different programs, in different arrangements - gravity can be turned off and it still works.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

The spiral gear starts 1 unit from the center of the axle and spirals out to a diameter of 4 units using an identical curve as the other gear. Actually I believe the curve would have to be very even. Because this would keep the two different levers straight, which is imitating your drawing. The two levers in your simulation are straight and I am guessing that they are separate and attached to spiral gears. So if they were to turn simultaneously the spiral would have to be even and the axle of the levers would also have to be even spiral gears identically. One lever would start off with more leverage that starts off with turning its flywheel starting near the rim because its lever axle will have a spiral gear starting near the axle. So separately you attach the two identical speed axles of the levers with different levers to their fly wheels to each other on a regular round gear. Then the one flywheel gear will roll out and the other will roll in and then the gears will change to the opposite direction by one flywheel beginning to tug the other flywheel by a spiral gear. The driving gear will be starting its spiral near the center and pulling on the other flywheel by closer to its rim. The lever weight will drive the system after it changes direction. So the spiral strings don't magically go back into place. They reach the very end of their path and then go in reverse and rewind until they change direction again and are the driving gear. The weight of the flywheel tries to pull the other flywheel at the gear ratio 4:1. But all of these spirals should be very even and the actual levers should look straight to one another. But by causing the flywheels to change direction abruptly even though there is a 4:1 mechanical advantage or any mechanical advantage structure of any kind, the uneven oscillation will cause a whip lash that would otherwise be a physics used to create flying cars and that's why this particle description would not work as a perpetual motion machine when it would otherwise without the motion without external force. But I don't know what you are working on Silver tiger. This is just what it looks like you are doing.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I'd sure love to know: how can one put a gear with 3 dimensions into 2d space? o.O
Spiral Gears: These gears are also known as crossed helical gears. These gears are mounted on shafts that do not intersect and that are at an angle to each other. The angle is usually 90 degrees.
Just thought I'd give you the definition of a spiral gear just in case you might be thinking of something else. :)
Attachments
Spiral Gear.jpg
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I am thinking of something else. The gears changes the distance when pulled on by a string like a pulley. The main thing that I got out of your attempt was the use of pulleys. If you draw a spiral imagine having a string pull from the spiral, then if it's near the center and moves out towards the rim the lever it's pulling on gradually becomes longer.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Yeah I don't know if I could ever draw something like that lol. It's tough enough drawing involute curves in AutoCAD, let alone WM2D. A SPIRAL curve is even worse. And there is no way to turn it into a "rope" in WM even if I drew it. Also, pulley strings in WM cannot interact with polygons, as they are constraints, rather than objects. And I don't have a script to change the radius of each pulley...they are just point elements. So, there a MANY things that make what you're talking about impossible for me.
snkellis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by snkellis »

Think the sim results aren't going to change. Let's see a build :-D! I for one would be glad to see this proven just to have all the way Sayers quieted. Not to mention the other benefits as well. Only negative I see... I'd have to find a new hobby :-/
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

@Silvertiger

Good to see others are helping you with this software.

This 4:1 puzzle is tricky so I went for a lateral interpretation than a literal one.

Regards
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed