Protoclocks, escapements and closing the loop in PM

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Protoclocks, escapements and closing the loop in PM

Post by Grimer »

WaltzCee wrote:
    • This concept requires an asymetric oscillation of energy between a falling weight
      in a static uniform (time invariant) gravitational field - what Frank calls an NG or
      Newtonian gravity field with an artificial time variant field caused by accelerated
      rotation. Frank calls this an EG or Ersatz gravity field.
    • cloud camper
Stretched out synthetic gravity? When you double the speed of the yo-yo you'll have 4 times the energy in it but as you say you're getting that energy from NG. I don't think NG will work for free. I think the EG might just be looked at as rotational kinetic energy (rke).
More specifically, angular momentum energy, third derivative energy, energy produced by the third derivative force F3.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

re: Protoclocks, escapements and closing the loop in PM

Post by WaltzCee »

• Bailywick1 only has one YouTube video. That doesn't seem like hoaxer
      behaviour. He doesn't sound like a hoaxer either.
    • Grimer
I don't think he's a hoaxer either. At 2:13 he says "I don't think there's any spare energy in it." And that right before it looked like it was going to stop. The energy came from his push, and the cam stored it in the spring and then feed it back into the rotation. But it stopped, or would have. He stopped it. When the weight falling in NG needs to get back where it came from the flywheel is going to slow considerably, most likely it's going to stop.

If there were any amplification in Bailywick1's spring motor it wouldn't stop. Also, I didn't notice Ken in the comments but I did notice some incredibly verbose posts.

animation courtesy of wikimedia.org

Derived vectors aren't a free energy source. To say you noticed a 390% gain basically means you've doubled the speed of the fly wheel. It all balances out as far as I can tell.
Attachments
Torque_animation.gif
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

He has to tune it to its optimum position which he does by moving the weight. As for it not being self starting, the Milko isn't self starting either. You have to give the pendulum an initial swing. For the last full minute it is running at a constant rate.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

When I first saw this device I read all the comments. I seem to remember there was one by Tinsel Koala (a.k.a. Al Setalokin) but now I can't find it. Perhaps he deleted it.

Anyway, he was obviously intrigued by it and seemed to think it must be a fraud. In the end he concluded the there was a magnetic device under the table that was driving it.

Al and I are old sparring partners from the Steorn forum days.

He will be really pissed when he discovers he got it wrong. LOL. 8-)
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Grimer wrote:
WaltzCee wrote:
    • This concept requires an asymetric oscillation of energy between a falling weight
      in a static uniform (time invariant) gravitational field - what Frank calls an NG or
      Newtonian gravity field with an artificial time variant field caused by accelerated
    • cloud camper
Stretched out synthetic gravity? When you double the speed of the yo-yo you'll have 4 times the energy in it but as you say you're getting that energy from NG. I don't think NG will work for free. I think the EG might just be looked at as rotational kinetic energy (rke).
More specifically, angular momentum energy, third derivative energy, energy produced by the third derivative force F3.
Yup, Frank's got it right. Spinning up the yo-yo is just a 1/1 conversion of GPE to RKE - nothing magic there.

The whole reason to spin up is to create an environment where jerk energy (3rd derivative energy) can be created, amplified then stored.

Frank has been saying this for years!

The simulation is pretty convincing. The question still remains how accurate
does WM2D simulate jerk energy?

Hence the physical test rig.

I think I will prolly post the sim. I don't want to emulate a certain inventor who posted over one million words without offering a single testable idea!

And it will show how Frank had it right all along and will show how shock and mechanical resonance just naturally go together!
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Looking forward to see some graphical explanation...

I never grasped Frank's meaning of "EG", apparently it's (or is somewhat related to) Centripetal acceleration.
There are still somewhat standardized terms for these things...
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

This is Ersatz Gravity (EG).
A substitute for Newtonian Gravity (NG) in United States Spacecraft Discovery One (or XD-1).
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

cloud camper wrote:
Grimer wrote:
WaltzCee wrote:
    • This concept requires an asymmetric oscillation of energy between a falling weight
    • cloud camper
Yup, Frank's got it right. Spinning up the yo-yo is just a 1/1 conversion of GPE to RKE - nothing magic there.

The whole reason to spin up is to create an environment where jerk energy (3rd derivative energy) can be created, amplified then stored.

Frank has been saying this for years!

The simulation is pretty convincing. The question still remains how accurate
does WM2D simulate jerk energy?

Hence the physical test rig.

I think I will prolly post the sim. I don't want to emulate a certain inventor who posted over one million words without offering a single testable idea!

And it will show how Frank had it right all along and will show how shock and mechanical resonance just naturally go together!
Thank you for your imprimatur, Cloud. I've clicked your greenie in appreciation (Oops! I see it's already been done. Not that it's help much thanks to the general reset.)

Let hope your endorsement gives some Bessler Forum builder confidence to wow the Physics establishment by building a working model of the Milkovic, or even the bailywick1's "DOMINANT FLYWHEEL".

It would be a pity if your insights were to be scavenged by lurkers. The members of this forum have laboured so long and hard the it is only right for them to receive the credit for their combined efforts.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Grimer wrote: This is Ersatz Gravity (EG).
A substitute for Newtonian Gravity (NG) in United States Spacecraft Discovery One (or XD-1).
Ah... yes, thanks I guess. I found an old unanswered post of mine referencing the same info: For some reason the term does not stick.
Please just call it Centripetal (or centrifugal).
Where does EG originate anyway? The Cambridge dictionary seems to agree for no apparent reason.

AG: Artificial Gravity it is.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

You are just amazing, Marchello. Sometimes when I read your posts I wonder if you're just saying what you know or if you have to revisit your notes. Either way you're just absolutely amazing and an incredible asset to all here.

I say that to exclude you from what I'm about to say. I'm curious. I have a question to all who would want to answer. There are some up in our faces. My question is, "are they brilliant geniuses on the BBC or are they just such in real life?" I just got to know. My question isn't for you, Marchello, because I know you can be any where you want to be.

Now to those that suppose they've invented the question mark I'd like to impart a special wisdom to them. Always remember, it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese. Never forget that.
Walter Clarkson
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

cloud camper wrote:Yup, Frank's got it right.
In 3 days I could confirm or deny your assertion here. Are you game?
Walter Clarkson
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Hey Walt - I am not asserting anything.

Just physically testing a hypothesis.

It takes as long as it takes!

Not being hostile, just don't see any point.

I would be interested in simulating on other simulators such as Solidworks
to see if it produces similar results as WM2D.

That would be a major confidence builder.

With this concept there are dozens of variables that all interact, requiring
much time to sort thru and attempt to optimize.

My latest roadblock is trying to determine the exactly correct escapement spring that will store exactly the right amount of energy per turn of the spring.

And I need to work out better safety procedures to safely prewind the spring.

The spring is originally designed to counterbalance large rollup doors so any incident can release huge quantities of energy in close proximity to your face.

Ask me how I know!

Probably need to consult an industrial roll up door installer for tips as they have to wind these monster springs manually while 20 ft up a rickety ladder!

I will update when I have completed physical testing.

Could be a while as I have other projects as well.

Thanks for your interest!
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

ME wrote:
Grimer wrote: ...
Where does EG originate anyway? The Cambridge dictionary seems to agree for no apparent reason.

AG: Artificial Gravity it is.
I seem to remember that Jim corrected me on that by pointing out that Ersatz means substitute, not artificial. Makes sense to me.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

delete
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

OK folks, did we agree to change to Artificial Gravity (AG) or are we still at Ersatz Gravity (EG)?

I don't really care which except it seems one always has to redefine the term EG whenever it hasn't been used in a while as it is not intuitively obvious. I guess we would have the same problem with AG.

Frank, we've been friends a long time and I really appreciate your support and enthusiasm for the subject but I wish you would be a little more reserved in your announcements that someone has a working solution.

In my case I certainly don't have a working solution and have not claimed or asserted anything other than proposing a hypothesis and building a test rig to hopefully confirm the hypothesis is correct.

I believe that is the correct procedure by the Scientific Method.
One proposes a hypothesis of how something might work then develops
methods by which the hypothesis can be tested.

After successful testing and then adding in successful duplication of results by others one can then cautiously make claims as "fact". Until
then all statements are just hypotheticals and have no confirmation in the physical universe.

I really don't want to go down the road of others that loudly boast they have the solution but then go on for years without producing anything that would confirm their claims.

There are just too many variables and unknowns for anyone to make advance predictions of success IMHO.

Thanks Frank - you're the greatest and Happy New Year!

Oh yeah, happy Brexit too!