Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

You may select 1 option

View results

WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

Post by WaltzCee »

I'd like to begin by saying this isn't the thread Jim suggested be started to bash him. However it is a public forum and if you'd like to smack him around a bit I guess that's OK.

Now let's examine this scoundrel. What has he done wrong? He has a hair brained idea like most of us have had, and he's building it. What's wrong with that?

I'll admit he is a reprobate of the Church of Perpetual Motion, giving aid and comfort to the enemy and publicly denying the faith. I'm crying all over my keyboard and my hands are shaking like a leaf as I type this heresy: He denies something can come from nothing!

Burn this heretic at the stake!!!

brb, need to compose myself.

(opposite, adjacent, opposite, adjacent, opposite, adjacent)

Brothern and cistern, I apologize for that tangent. I was caught up in the spirit (of Jack).

Let's put this matter back on track. Who among us has managed to fulfill the prophecy of proving something can come from nothing? Who? And who among us hasn't strayed from that Besslerian Doctrine? Again, who?

Can I get an amen?

Now, before we consent to burn this heretic at the stake, I'd suggest we look at the man in the mirror.

Just sayin'.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

you cowardly bitches voting should at least say your piece and explain why.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Yes, use this thread to spit your venom, to makes claims that I'm ignorant, make claims that I don't understand how centrifugal forces work, make claims that my calculations MUST be full of errors, make claims that my parents (may they rest in peace) dropped me on my head.

And all of this simply because I have not fully disclosed my concept to you greedy ones who continually attack me. All this because none of you have even a hint of how a motion-wheel might work. Instead you seek gravity-wheels, which all intelligent people know, as absolute fact, to be impossible.

The reason that none of you have found Bessler's secret, is because you are looking in the wrong place. Some of you even make the false claim that a wheel can't rotate except by using gravity.

So bash me here in this thread. Keep the "bashing of Jim" off all the other threads.

All will be revealed in time.

ME
Addict
Addict

re: Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

Post by ME »

Jumped the Shark
To reach the point in a TV series that denotes it is irretrievably past its best by introducing a ridiculous or otherwise unbelievable plot device or characterisation in order to boost ratings.
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/jump-the-shark.html
Sherlock Holmes wrote:When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
-The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier-
This means: The thing Jim does will either eliminate a possibility, or will show an improbable truth....

So what do you want me to vote?
What is your question anyway?
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

So where is Dwayne?
Where is cloud camper?
Where is Bill?
Where is Ed?

Explain why you desire to bash me.
Explain why you think I've jumped-the-shark.
Explain why you think I've gone off the rails.
Spit that venom.

Now is your chance.
Please post here, so as to keep the other threads clean of your pig swill.
Go ahead, make fools of yourselves for all to see.

This thread is for you trolls.

Have fun.

justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

Why do you care if others pursue a gravity driven device? Why must you boast about being brighter than most here? Other very bright members here stay humble, Fletcher and Tarsier just to mention a few.

This unintelligent member insists that Bessler's wheel will never work without gravity.
. I can assure the reader that there is something special behind the stork's bills.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

justsomeone wrote:Why do you care if others pursue a gravity driven device?
I really don't care what others do.
justsomeone wrote:You have gone from being an extremely helpful member to a self absorbed arrogant butt head!
Blame such on cloud camper. Then Dwayne. Then Ed. Then Bill.
justsomeone wrote:Why must you boast about being brighter than most here?
Because cloud camper kept claiming I was was ignorant. Remaining silent made it seem like CC might be right. And since you guys seldom stood up for me, I was left to fend for myself. CC even went as far as trying to get me kicked off this forum. And the lies spouted by CC, well, need I go into them?
justsomeone wrote:Other very bright members here stay humble, Fletcher and Tarsier just to mention a few.
Yes, they stay humble, as I once did, until CC attacked me, over and over CC attacked me. But what would they have done if they were attacked over and over and over, while you guys stood around gawking?
justsomeone wrote:This unintelligent member insists that Bessler's wheel will never work without gravity.
You are free to think whatever you want.

I'll add you onto my crow list.

WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

Post by WaltzCee »

ME wrote: What is your question anyway?
yeah, maybe it wasn't so clear.

Here it is:
  • Has the Jimster jumped off the deep end?
    Has he gone bat shit crazy?
    Has has he lost all credibility?
Hope that helps.
Walter Clarkson
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

justsomeone wrote:Why do you care if others pursue a gravity driven device? Why must you boast about being brighter than most here? Other very bright members here stay humble, Fletcher and Tarsier just to mention a few.

This unintelligent member insists that Bessler's wheel will never work without gravity.
This is an interesting many questions question.
Walter Clarkson
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

WaltzCee wrote:Has the Jimster jumped off the deep end?
Has he gone bat shit crazy?
Obviously if you think a motion-wheel is impossible and that Bessler's wheel MUST have been rotated by gravity acting on rising and falling weights, THEN you might think me claiming a motion-wheel to be somewhat crazy. Of course I think seeking a gravity wheel is somewhat crazy. But hey, to each his own ideas.
WaltzCee wrote:Has has he lost all credibility?
Credibility? The troll bullies talk of credibility. They posted lies and then claim their lies are the truth. How credible is cloud camper? Has he ever helped any forum members in any way? Has he helped anyone with Bessler's writings? Has he ever given advice about how to measure a wheel output, if it were to work? What has cloud camper shown us? Two WM2D screen captures, MT 12, an animated MT 18, and two airplane pictures. That is the extend of cloud camper's contributions in his album. But then there are his hundreds of posts containing nothing but lies about me. Oh, and his links to off-site pictures which will disappear when he fails to maintain those accounts.

Credibility? What about the high and mighty ovyyus, who lied and claimed I told him I had a working wheel. But then the truth came out as I posted the actual communications between us. Bill then attempted to weasel out of his lie claiming some sort of relationship involving my plan. My plan had absolutely nothing to do with our private email conversation. Bill simply made a wrong assumption and then tried to blame me. And I refused to be blamed for his error.

Credibility? How about cloud camper, who claims that centrifugal force is not real, simply because his fancy schooling said the it is a fictitious force. Force is force is force. You cant claim one force to be real and another to be not real. And then claim the not real force can't do what forces do, which is to move weights. Sure CF comes and goes, depending upon circumstances, but isn't this what you want in a PM wheel? Magic forces that come into existence when needed then disappear when not needed.

But it's said I'm not credible. Why? Because in my old age I've become rather slow at building wheels? So what? PM seekers have been seeking PM for many hundreds of years. A few more weeks or months makes little difference.

But I'm bat-shit crazy? Because I've looked where everyone else has looked, at weights moving in and out on a wheel. But I looked at it from a different perspective, not seeking mass-imbalance, but rather seeking force imbalance. A motion-wheel rather than a gravity-wheel.

Science is not on the side of the gravity-wheel crowd. They think you guys are bat-shit crazy. Science is not on my side either, for science knows nothing about a motion-wheel. But that will change.

Dave Roberts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Dave Roberts »

Well Jim, I have never bashed you and never will. I will not vote on this. However, comments like:

"And all of this simply because I have not fully disclosed my concept to you greedy ones who continually attack me. All this because none of you have even a hint of how a motion-wheel might work. Instead you seek gravity-wheels, which all intelligent people know, as absolute fact, to be impossible."

attacks those who believe gravity is the source. Never attack someone's intelligence. If gravity was not the source, then Bessler's wheel would have worked in a horizontal position too.

Personally, I believe it was a combination of gravity and motion.

Everyone here is gifted with "free will" which means that they have the option of not reading your posts if they disagree but instead some increase their word count bashing you instead of contributing to a possible solution.

I will be critisized by some for this response but it is time to get back to the business of a solution. Years of posts and millions of words on this website have reached a point where we are no closer to a solution than when this website started. No wonder the scientific community believes Bessler was a fake after wading through this website.
Dave
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Yes Dave, you have never bashed me. You have never stooped to the level of being a troll.
Dave Roberts wrote:attacks those who believe gravity is the source. Never attack someone's intelligence. If gravity was not the source, then Bessler's wheel would have worked in a horizontal position too.
Yes, I agree, Bessler's wheels would have worked horizontal. But Bessler never displayed a horizontal wheel. Such wheels require more strength. The common vertical wheel gives the impression that it was rotated by gravity, thus helping Bessler to keep his secret. But what do I know? I'm considered to be ignorant and also bat-shit crazy.
Dave Roberts wrote:Personally, I believe it was a combination of gravity and motion.
Hey that is your right, to believe as you will. I'll not attack you for your belief, except to say I think it to be wrong.
Dave Roberts wrote:but instead some increase their word count bashing you instead of contributing to a possible solution.
Those type of people are called "Trolls", and have no place on this forum.
Dave Roberts wrote:have reached a point where we are no closer to a solution than when this website started.
And you will be no closer after another 12 years, or 100 years, or 1000 years if you seek something that is impossible. I am fully convinced, and have been for a number of years, that a gravity-wheel is impossible, due to gravity being conservative. Thus you can seek a gravity-wheel long into infinity and never find a solution.

The best route is to go backward and look at what Bessler wrote. But with this second look you must eliminate Bessler's wheel being a gravity-wheel, since such are impossible. Now what to you have left? Bessler wrote that the weights in his wheel gained force from moving. He didn't say from gravity. He didn't say from being heavy. He said they gained force from their motions.
Dave Roberts wrote:No wonder the scientific community believes Bessler was a fake after wading through this website.
The scientific community doesn't visit this website, for they think we are all bat-shit crazy. The scientific community believes Bessler was a fake simply because they think he was claiming his wheel to be rotated by gravity acting on weights. This is why Bessler tried to shy away from saying his wheel used weights. He knew very well that everyone would then say he had gravity-wheel rotated by rising and falling of weights. When Wagner heard that Bessler's wheel did use weights, then this is exactly the erronious conclusion Wagner jumped to.
Bessler wrote that Wagner was right. Wagner claimed a gravity wheel to be impossible. Bessler also claimed that he himself was right. Bessler's claim was a perpetual motion wheel that move per se, moved by itself, capable of moving perpetually.

ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

WaltzCee wrote:
  • Has the Jimster jumped off the deep end?
  • Has he gone bat shit crazy?
  • Has has he lost all credibility?
-list items need a * within block brackets-
As I see it:
He is trying something new because the other approach (gravity) didn't work for him;
Some craziness is simply required to pursue PM;
And perhaps he's a bit grumpy from time to time, sometimes strict in his opinion, sometime feeling obliged to defend his ego.
I guess that somewhat classifies as a normal deviation of average behavior? -about average for this forum?

But I can't tell if he has lost credibility...
I guess one has to feel betrayed in some way in order to take back that credit-status; that feel of betrayal is a signal of too much trust or some form of naive desperation. So that issue lies with the one who feels betrayed, thus such "loss of credibility" is simply an excuse.

It would be boring and a waste of time and effort when we would all agree with each other all the time.
So it's healthy to take some 'information' or opinion with a grain of salt - especially when communicated over the net. The difficult part: when that grain becomes rock sized then try to resist throwing it in: Could hurt when it might be thrown back - and things escalate.

For sure it is possible Jim is using straws like being a 12 foot log, and sure failure lies ahead;
And it is even possible the cross a 10 foot creek with a bridge made out of straw;
We'll just see if he's able to cross his 10 foot creek, or simply splashes in.

Still don't know what to vote here...
Perhaps he 'jumped that shark' or not; perhaps he's successful or not....
So no vote here, as there's no issue for now
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

I understand wanting to die on a high
But a half-truth is still a whole lie

Bon Voyage
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

I don't want to be rude
but does it mean a half-lie is the whole truth?