Moderator: scott

Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

You may select 1 option

View results

AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

In my humble opinion things said around here should be looked at as only an opinion until proved otherwise.

Alan
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

jim_mich wrote:Obviously if you think a motion-wheel is impossible and that Bessler's wheel MUST have been rotated by gravity acting on rising and falling weights, THEN you might think me claiming a motion-wheel to be somewhat crazy. Of course I think seeking a gravity wheel is somewhat crazy. But hey, to each his own ideas.
Yes, to each his own ideas. This is my idea. Just because I think Bessler's wheel was moved by the single force of gravity does not mean I think your idea isn't viable also.
Science is not on the side of the gravity-wheel crowd.
Science is like a servo, seeking the truth. In my opinion, it has yet to arrive.
And since you guys seldom stood up for me, I was left to fend for myself.
This is definitely a tough row to hoe. What's the point of having all those green dots if everyone just stands back and watches you get the flesh ripped off your back?

I hope Santa hasn't put you on the naughty list. :)

May God continue to bless you and yours Jim. A very merry Christmas to you.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

re: Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

Post by Grimer »

I think I can best contribute to this thread by pasting wot I rote ;-) the other day.
Grimer wrote:
jim_mich wrote:I was pretty much wiped out last Wednesday as I went for blood tests.. Thursday I got my usual six hour stay in the hospital. Friday was my usual exhaustion from the hospital treatment. Today made some good progress with my wheel. It took a few hours to make 12 aluminum parts. I expect tomorrow to go good. Need to make 32 of another part. I expect just the sawing of the aluminum parts to take quite a few hours. Each parts needs 4 holes drilled. And then round over the sharp corners.

The wheel itself needs 16 holes to help with the assemble of parts. I found that assembly was rather difficult, and these 16 screw driver holes will allow the weights to be added at the last minute, thus making the assembly much easier.

If you do manage to achieve generating energy from a horizontal wheel then in my view you will have achieved more than Bessler. Such a wheel would have a much bigger power output than Bessler's and would only be limited by the maximum strength of the components.

It's just possible, I suppose, that Bessler was working on a horizontal wheel when he fell to earth off his Babel like tower. He had solved the NG problem so what could be more natural than to move on to the EG problem.

Come to think of it, maybe that was what Laithwaite was talking about with his "mass transfer" device. A bridge too far in his case.

Anyway, good luck.

Frank Grimer - N.B. Only one m. ;-)
So according to my understanding of the expression I voted, No.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Grimer, did you punch the right button? Maybe my memory is getting bad, but I thought that yesterday there were five total votes, two yes votes and three no votes. And now it seems there has been added one yes vote.

Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

I definitely punched the no vote.

I think you must have mis-remembered.

It's easy to misunderstand what the expression means. Without the explanation I would have thought it was a good think to jump a shark. :-)
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

I can't believe you are watching the votes Jim. Who the hell cares what people think? I can see wanting to be understood. I can't see the reason to keep score.
What goes around, comes around.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

I don't see any reason to keep score. But the first time I opened this thread, the votes were tied at two and two. I had to do a little research to figure out what "Jumped the Shark meant. And I noticed my name was spelled wrong as "Jim_Mitch" as often happens.

So I voted 'no'. I did not think I'd "jumped the shark".

The results stayed at 2 yes and 3 no for a number of days.

Then Grimer wrote that he had voted. And the 'yes' column increased to 3. And very soon it increased again to 4.

So, maybe I'm hallucinating? Maybe my memory is failing? But that is what I remember. And that is the only reason I brought up the subject to Grimer.

ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

My vote is still open...
I guess when jim_mich (sorry for any past/future spelling mistakes) has a working device; we could call such thing a "shark-jump" as an "unbelievable plot device or characterisation" for the whole physics-minded community which surely "boost ratings".
For any other intention of such phrase we have the rating system of this forum.
We could even question if the topic-initiator is the one trying to "jump-shark".
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

jim_mich wrote:The results stayed at 2 yes and 3 no for a number of days.

Then Grimer wrote that he had voted. And the 'yes' column increased to 3. And very soon it increased again to 4.

So, maybe I'm hallucinating? Maybe my memory is failing? But that is what I remember. And that is the only reason I brought up the subject to Grimer.
No, your memory isn't failing. Sorry for the misspelling. The system let me vote like a democrat so I put 2 of the initial no votes. I believe ovyyus voted yes.
ME wrote:We could even question if the topic-initiator is the one trying to "jump-shark".

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment when a brand, design, franchise, or creative effort's evolution declines.

Now if I were to go with your further broadening of the meaning to:
I guess when jim_mich (sorry for any past/future spelling mistakes) has a working device; we could call such thing a "shark-jump"

. . . I haven't jumped the shark yet but you better believe I'm trying to.
Last edited by WaltzCee on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walter Clarkson
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

Post by WaltzCee »

Grimer wrote:Frank Grimer - N.B. Only one m. ;-)

That name always makes me think of a personal injury law firm,

Grim, Grimmer & Grimmest

Have you been hurt in an accident working on an out of control PM wheel? Call the hurt line.
Walter Clarkson
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

jim_mich wrote:Yes, use this thread to spit your venom, to makes claims that I'm ignorant, make claims that I don't understand how centrifugal forces work, make claims that my calculations MUST be full of errors, make claims that my parents (may they rest in peace) dropped me on my head.

And all of this simply because I have not fully disclosed my concept to you greedy ones who continually attack me. All this because none of you have even a hint of how a motion-wheel might work. Instead you seek gravity-wheels, which all intelligent people know, as absolute fact, to be impossible.

The reason that none of you have found Bessler's secret, is because you are looking in the wrong place. Some of you even make the false claim that a wheel can't rotate except by using gravity.

So bash me here in this thread. Keep the "bashing of Jim" off all the other threads.

All will be revealed in time.
If I may be so bold: The only two reasons they bash you are (1) You're abrasive and closed-minded to other possibilities; (2) You have nothing to show for it.

The first one could easily be tolerated if you would just satisfy number 2, BUT...why say anything at all with nothing to show yet? Why not simply be patient and bide you're time until YOU are ready to come forward with full and protected disclosure and vindicate your ideas at that appropriate time? Anything else is just hot air, isn't it? If you have a solution, then you have nothing to worry or be angry about. You are your own obstacle in this tangent. Instead, do nothing; say nothing; go on about your merry way and don't let the little things that mean nothing get to you. :)
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

So you are saying, "Shut up, go away, until you have a physically working wheel." If we all did this, there would be no forum.

This forum is for the discussion of Bessler's and his wheels. When I tried discussing what Bessler actually wrote, instead of the the wrong translations which assumed his wheel to be a gravity-wheel, the bashing started. And then the bashing became personal, claiming I was ignorant, claiming I was deluded, claiming I could not possibly be right, even though I never once disclosed the full details.

And then, no matter where I posted, no matter what the topic of my post, I was instantly attacked and bashed. Lies were posted about me. It was claimed that I lied to Bill, even though I posted our personal E-mails proving I never lied. Bill then tried to twist my "Plan" in an excuse for claiming that I lied. And he continued to bash me whenever I posted.

So I stated this thread. If anyone feel like bashing me, DO IT HERE, rather than disrupting other threads.

The reasons they bash me is because I have five green dots, but I blasphemy the idea that Bessler's wheel was gravity-driven. I make the claim his wheel was a motion-wheel, that it gained its motive force from the motions of the weight, which is what Bessler wrote was the source of his wheel's rotation force. Nobody can imagine a wheel rotating itself, gaining force simply by the motions of its weights. People thing such to be impossible. But I think PM gravity-wheels are impossible, as is the common consensus of academicians.

But I'm supposed to keep silent? That is insulting.

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

You shouldn't have to feel like that's an insult. I stay pretty silent for the most part and peak my head out every now and then and I feel fine about it. Right now I think that I might have something, even more than one something, but I dare not make a claim that it would work, so why bother trying to reinforce it as fact? So I don't. In fact, I avoid those thoughts altogether and just try to come up with possibilities as to why it WON'T, and so the best thing to do IS to remain silent when it comes to THAT ONE THING. That doesn't mean shut up and go away. Proaction achieves far greater things than reaction. Invention is like writing a book. Put it all together and then sit down and figure out what's wrong with it, or what may be improved upon. But, everyone's different, that's for sure. What works for one person may be impossible with another. The key is not to let these things get to you, if you view yourself as the former proactive, and the easiest way to do that is to simply shrug and say "oh, well," and not feel like you have to defend a fort that has yet to have it's stones quarried over. Does that make any sense at all? :)
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

That was reasonably profound.

Thank you for sharing your heart.

<edit> You misspelled peek </edit>
Walter Clarkson
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Just trying to provide perspective and stuff, and thanks for letting me know my mistake...my bad.

(You misspelled Mich btw lol.) ;)