Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Everyone misspells Mich.

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I must admit that that is the way it seems to register when looking at it. The first time I saw your name I thought it was just a different spelling/variation of the name Mitch - sort of like Karl and Carl, for example. Even now, I still look at it and "Jim Mitch" rolls off the tongue far easier than "Jimmish." Have you ever thought of changing it? And I think you might say "Why should I have to change it? It's everyone else that reads it wrong." But still, Jim Mitch IS the way the mind seems to interpret it whether it wants to or not, including mine. It's like looking at a really really good forced perspective image. Although you KNOW it's forced perspective, your mind can't seem to grasp not looking at it any other way than what was achieved by design or by accident...except in this case it is with words rather than an image. Maybe you could do something like JimMI, so that way it looks like Jimmy even though the MI is still Michigan. Lol. :)
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

It was more than a dozen years ago I stumbled upon this forum while searching for PM websites. And I needed a user name. Since my name is James, and everyone calls me Jim, the first part was an easy choice. The second part was simply the older abbreviation for my home state of Michigan. Also, the University of Michigan was where two of my kids went to school. I really didn't give it much thought that so many people would mistake it as Jim_Mitch.

And once you have established a user name, you can't change it. Just think of it as Jim (from) Mich.

AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Jim

When my dad was younger they called him Mitch. So I guess that makes me a Son of a Mitch.

At least I haven't to my knowledge have used Mitch for you ever since you corrected me the first time.

Alan
racer270
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by racer270 »

i voted no.!
ive known Jim , to be a critical thinker ,along with a lot of other grate minds , on this forum.
. and i think he is very good at what he does ,
except for maybe the new shed doors,..lol ,
but that's a different story.
i hope your doing better Jim,

bashing,. or implying he is off the deep end , is out there...: for this crew.., don't you think...?

since ,
any manor, of thought or even the topic , "about PM ",
is considered Bat-shit-crazy talk.., by the academic crowd that claim to have the market cornered on Gray matter.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

re: Has Jim Mitch Jumped the Shark?

Post by WaltzCee »

• The polymath
      takes a bath
      across the River Jordan
      We disagree
      what he might see
      but do concur
      finally
      there is some
      agreement

I hit his green dot
a life worth remembering
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.