Build Updaye 1.0

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

Jim_Mich,
Spoken like a true philomath. Do you know any other words besides sock puppet and troll ? I can explain why you are wrong, it is not an opinion. Momentum can not be conserved if that which has momentum only has 1 value. An example of this is a wheel that has a rim with a circumference of 3.142 meters and rotates at 19.096 rpm. This gives it a rim velocity of 1 m/s.
A 1 kg weight travelling at 1 m/s, it's momentum then is considered to be 1kg-m/s, right ? It's inertia then is 1 kg-m/s /1.571 = 0.6365, right ? How do you increase or decrease inertia without another force acting on the weight ?
It is physically impossible. It would be like a weight lifting itself and everyone knows that can not happen.
And I think you are right, you have done many things but when have you taken the time to learn ? I think calling yourself a polymath and myself a troll suggests that you are not a philomath. I would think if you were a philomath, your response would have been different. Besides, I would think a philomath would know how to spell the word.

@everyone else, I will need to build some test scissors because they do have a different mechanics because of the peacock's tail. And as I always have considered mounting them on the spokes of the wheel, mounting them by the actuator (lever) that operates the bellow is also in Bessler's drawings. In Mt 83, he shows scissors operating the pump itself. And it has the same pendulum as in many of his drawings.
I think with something like Mt 83, it is the engineering principle that Bessler is trying to convey as most of his drawings seem designed to teach either an understanding of mechanics or principles in engineering.

http://besslerwheel.com/wiki/index.php? ... Mt_083.jpg
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

AB Hammer,
I'll give you the right torque calculations so you can build it as we agreed. If a weight drops 2 1/2 inches from the axle, it requires 2 1/2 inch lbs. of torque if you are using 1 lb. weights.
With the over balance at 15 inches from the axle, 12 ounces of water will generate 11.25 inch pounds of torque. One weight on a lever is free energy. This allows for a net torque 8.75 inch lbs. of torque. It might not rotate very smoothly but it will work. Enjoy building it and Good Bye.

edited to add; remember, the scissors can work at a 3.25:4 ratio. This means if a 5 lb. weight drops 2.03 inches, it will along with the opposing weight move a bellow 2 1/2 inches using 10 lbs. of force. Adding a 3 rd scissor increases the efficiency. Kind of why Bessler liked his Peacock's Tail and was proud as a peacock. :-)
And anyone can try testing the scissors configuration using a fish scale, a weight and some levers.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

re: Build Updaye 1.0

Post by AB Hammer »

james.lindgard wrote:AB Hammer,
I'll give you the right torque calculations so you can build it as we agreed. If a weight drops 2 1/2 inches from the axle, it requires 2 1/2 inch lbs. of torque if you are using 1 lb. weights.
With the over balance at 15 inches from the axle, 12 ounces of water will generate 11.25 inch pounds of torque. One weight on a lever is free energy. This allows for a net torque 8.75 inch lbs. of torque. It might not rotate very smoothly but it will work. Enjoy building it and Good Bye.

edited to add; remember, the scissors can work at a 3.25:4 ratio. This means if a 5 lb. weight drops 2.03 inches, it will along with the opposing weight move a bellow 2 1/2 inches using 10 lbs. of force. Adding a 3 rd scissor increases the efficiency. Kind of why Bessler liked his Peacock's Tail and was proud as a peacock. :-)
And anyone can try testing the scissors configuration using a fish scale, a weight and some levers.
AGREEMENT??? With You??? LMAO Sorry Jim L but I don't know where you got that idea. You don't like me as you have said all to often. So it makes no since for you to call on me and talk about any agreement.

As for your calculation. They have very little value for you still have to understand how the wheel works in the first place, to get the real information to do the calculations. Until you have gain of action and acceleration, you are still missing an important part of any possible calculation.

Please stick to what you are doing and leave me out of it. It has been a much more peaceful place under those conditions.
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

Ab Hammer,
Before you promoted yourself to my personal moderator, we got along. Rememebr in overunity.com when you posted in my thread that you will decide what i discuss with other people and for how long ? Yet when ever I told you to join the discussion, you refrained. It seems you did not know enough to discuss Mt 24. That's when I realized Bessler had to have used water, remember ?

And AB Hammer, the posts are still there in museumofhoaxes for anyone to read. http://hoaxes.org/forums/viewthread/51/P66

edited to add; I couldn't see any of posts. It is possible AB Hammer asked for them to be deleted just as he asked Scott to delete my posts in this forum.
The reason I was banned is because the moderator told me that I was not allowed to say that math supported the possibility of perpetual motion. I would not change my position. and you can see where the moderator asked AB Hammer how work on his machine is coming along, that was in 2008. So how is it coming along AB Hammer ? Also, do you still want Scott to delete all of my posts ?
http://hoaxes.org/forums/viewthread/51/P440
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

I do have to take a break from building and will need to use having had cancer as an excuse. It is a shame that AB Hammer is basically a moderator and has to approve what is being discussed. And yet his credibility is not based on showing any work or demonstrating any knowledge of engineering.

Edited to add: I think I've realized that last understanding to Bessler's work. For me, it might be 3 or 4 months before I can resume building.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

james.lindgard wrote:Ab Hammer,
Before you promoted yourself to my personal moderator, we got along. Rememebr in overunity.com when you posted in my thread that you will decide what i discuss with other people and for how long ? Yet when ever I told you to join the discussion, you refrained. It seems you did not know enough to discuss Mt 24. That's when I realized Bessler had to have used water, remember ?

And AB Hammer, the posts are still there in museumofhoaxes for anyone to read. http://hoaxes.org/forums/viewthread/51/P66

edited to add; I couldn't see any of posts. It is possible AB Hammer asked for them to be deleted just as he asked Scott to delete my posts in this forum.
The reason I was banned is because the moderator told me that I was not allowed to say that math supported the possibility of perpetual motion. I would not change my position. and you can see where the moderator asked AB Hammer how work on his machine is coming along, that was in 2008. So how is it coming along AB Hammer ? Also, do you still want Scott to delete all of my posts ?
http://hoaxes.org/forums/viewthread/51/P440
I also found most everything about you has been deleted.

http://hoaxes.org/forums/viewthread/51/P429 Post #438 tells it all.

The sooner you see it is all you that causes you problems the better your life will be.

Alan
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

james.lindgard wrote:I do have to take a break from building and will need to use having had cancer as an excuse. It is a shame that AB Hammer is basically a moderator and has to approve what is being discussed. And yet his credibility is not based on showing any work or demonstrating any knowledge of engineering.

Edited to add: I think I've realized that last understanding to Bessler's work. For me, it might be 3 or 4 months before I can resume building.

Lindgaard

I have no authority outside of my private forum which you are not a part of. Is that why you harass me? Because I don't give you everything?
It sometimes seems that way.

Do everyone a favor and stick to wheel talk and leave your BS out of it.

Alan
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

AB Hammer,
Why don't you leave me alone ? As you've routinely posted, there is nothing to Bessler's drawings and my build won't work.
I have other things I can do that don't include you. And if those go well, everyone will have to accept that you bullying me is acceptable.
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

AB Hammer,
Why don't you leave me alone ? As you've routinely posted, there is nothing to Bessler's drawings and my build won't work.
I have other things I can do that don't include you. And if those go well, everyone will have to accept that you bullying me is acceptable.
And AB Hammer, this is a hobby for me. As for you, you're bored andjealous. As you told me, it's your claim to fame.
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

AB Hammer,
And AB Hammer, this is a hobby for me. As for you, you're bored andjealous. As you told me, it's your claim to fame.
I think what proves that is your refusal to let me work with other people.
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

Sorry about the multiple posts, bad wi-fi connection but am tired of AB Hammer. And AB Hammer, I still remember when you offered to teach my father engineering. He was licensed by the U.S.C.G as a 1stEngineer. I would think since you served in the Coat Gaurd that you would recognize licenses that they issue but you don't or my father was from the wrong country.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

Excuse me but you called me out.

Alan
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

I think what proves that is your refusal to let me work with other people.
You are starting to sound like a blivering idiot Lindgaard.

Alan
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

james.lindgard wrote:Sorry about the multiple posts, bad wi-fi connection but am tired of AB Hammer. And AB Hammer, I still remember when you offered to teach my father engineering. He was licensed by the U.S.C.G as a 1stEngineer. I would think since you served in the Coat Gaurd that you would recognize licenses that they issue but you don't or my father was from the wrong country.
Has nothing to do with what we are doing here. As for your statement about your father which you have twisted to BS. I said that myself being a blacksmith he could learn from me just as I could learn from for his skills. Differences of trades. Nothing more.

Alan
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

Anyone can read replies 183 and 189. Reply 183 shows what I am trying to work on while HAVING cancer. Reply 189 shows me and AB Hammer used to talk but he mentions that I turned against him. Anyone can read the thread, at no time does AB Hammer discuss building, he only discusses his opinion.
And today ? I most likely will need surgery to correct a problem caused by cancer and AB Hammer still wants to talk about himself. With Mt 125, he has already posted that it will not work and he has posted that levers do not give a mechanical advantage. I am not sure why I would want to know someone like AB Hammer. After 8 years all he can do is say the same thing and anyone can look at what I was working on when I had cancer and what I am working on now.

http://overunity.com/6900/my-current-bu ... 1wRxNIrKzc

edited to change 1 word
edited to add; the reason I used the name BA Hammer is because Thor, the Norwegian God of Thunder had one Bad Ass Hammer. I let AB Hammer know that the reason I went with my Norwegian heritage is because I did not like his attitude.