Parts directly from China

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

re: Parts directly from China

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Furcurequs,

Yes, I had the same feeling, that thereprices are kind of high. However I like there catalog. They have made it really easy to find things.

This wheel is where I let myself splurge a little-----------

Sam
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Parts directly from China

Post by Furcurequs »

rlortie wrote:Grainger is competitive with McMaster-Carr and sometimes cheaper on various items. https://www.grainger.com

i use to do my shopping for machinist tooling with Enco, but they have been bought out by MSC.
https://www.mscdirect.com

Ralph
Ralph,

I forgot to say thanks for posting those links. I was familiar with the names, but I haven't ordered anything from them.

The reason I returned to this thread is that I now have a pepper on one of my pepper plants and I couldn't remember what kind of pepper it was supposed to be. I had labeled the container "PC." Apparently, that means it's a Purple Cayenne!

I knew it wasn't one of my hotter varieties because it's long and slender. My hotter ones are all supposed to be lantern shaped.

Most of my plants aren't looking that good. They've been root bound in containers too small for them and they've not been getting enough sunlight. Some of them are very tall and leggy. They've certainly been stretching a lot in search of the sun.

Hopefully I can transfer them to bigger pots and bury most of their stems. I noticed that some of the plants appear to be trying to root from their stems, anyway, so that might ultimately give them bigger roots.

Dwayne
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
Art
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Art »

"Hopefully I can transfer them to bigger pots and bury most of their stems."

------

Now there's a thought ! - Peanut Peppers ! : )
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

That reminds me of the time when I was a kid that my family stopped briefly in Plains, Georgia when on vacation. That was and still is the home of our then (or soon to be?) peanut farming president Jimmy Carter.

We bought some peanuts and peanut products there. I wasn't quite old enough, though, to buy some of president Carter's brother Billy's beer - which was named Billy Beer. I think my dad wanted to buy some cans as souvenirs, but my tea totaling mom wouldn't let him. ...if I remember correctly. That was about 40 years ago, now. Ouch!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Beer

Yep, it was introduced in 1977 and they ceased production in 1978.

I don't know which of those years it was. I would have been 14 or 15 at the time.
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

In recent months I ordered some more things from China through ebay. I'm pleased with the items that I actually received and feel I got some good deals, but another one of my orders never arrived. That's 3 times now that I've had problems.

The items I did receiver were 3 violet laser diodes at around $1 a piece and 2 whetstones to sharpen my knife each at a bit more than $1. These were in two separate orders.

The items I didn't receiver were a couple of acrylic lenses I was going to use to make a stereoscopic viewer for my Android device and/or computer screen. They, too, were about a buck a piece, so I'm only out a couple of dollars there.

My Android device that I got through ebay is actually a product of China, too, and I bought it from a Chinese company, but it was shipped from stock that was already warehoused in the U.S..

Anyway, ordering directly from China can be a bit of a gamble. I've had to write off 3 orders now, but all-in-all I'm still probably ahead when it comes to cost compared to what I would have paid with U.S. sellers.

Come to think of it, the seller of the acrylic lenses may have been in Malaysia instead of China. Sorry, China!
I prefer working alone.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

The problem with China - it could break :-)
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

I use to (a few if not many) years ago bought some hand held power tools made in China. IMO they were as good as Black & Decker, they both are useful in holding down the garbage can lid when the wind blows!

I now understand that Sears has sold the name"Craftsman" and all the brand name products to Black & Decker. Appears that Sears & Roebuck is going bankrupt, lost something like 10.5 million dollars last year.

Ralph
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

People know better than to even let me near their best China. That's why I go for the cheap stuff.

;)

Actually, as far as the quality of the products I've received, that can be kind of hit or miss.

I'm very pleased with my Android device, for instance. It seems to be quite well made. I just wish that before I had bought it I had noticed the phone part only worked at European frequencies, though. :(

My recent laser diodes and whetstones seem to be well made, also. No problems with them.

I didn't have much luck with a couple of cheap caller ID boxes I ordered in the past, however. They would work fine until the weather outside got stormy and then they would stop functioning.

More often than not I get my order, and more often than not the items are of at least decent quality, so I'll probably continue to make the occasional gamble.
I prefer working alone.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

I got a broken cheap tablet and just purchased replacement items.
battery, screen & LED.

As a result I know how to fix tablets and end up with a device I can
sell for more than the parts.

Plus the skill to do this again.

So I in a way I used China to un-brake an object.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Those who have been ordering from China, I need assistance.

I am looking for a set of Silver and Demming 1/2" shank drill bits in 1/64" (.01563) increments ranging from 33/64 to 63/64", that makes for a total of 16 bits.

All sets that I can find here in the US only come in 1/32" increments. Recently purchased a set from Norther Freight. I can buy single 1/64" bits but they run anywhere from $38.00 to $56.00 per drill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ralph
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Hey Ralph,

Here are a couple of sets on ebay. They are from U.S. sellers. The third link is an ebay search that has a few more sets. Don't know about the quality, but it looks like price can range from about $100 to around $800. Oh, and to get 64ths, you'll probably need to get a set of 32 or 33 bits instead of 16.
Item No. 31653. 33PC USA SILVER & DEMING BIT SET 1/2" SHANK. Specification From 1/2" to 1" by 1/64th With 1/2" Shank. Tri-Flat Shank For Sure Grip. 135 Degree Split Point. Black & Gold Surface Treatment Holds Lubricant For Smoother Drilling.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/33PC-SAE-SILVE ... 2409018992
SHARS 32 PCS 33/64-1" by 64ths HSS 1/2" Shank Silver & Deming Drill Set ANSI New
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32-PCS-33-64-1 ... 1460034971

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=S ... 4&_sacat=0
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Here's another 33 bit set that's closer to $300 that supposedly has a lifetime warranty. It's an American made product.
Drill Hog 33 Pc Silver & Deming Drill Bit Set Hi-Molybdenum M7

Includes:
33 Silver & Deming Bits From 1/2" to 1" by 1/64ths (Does Not Skip Any Sizes)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drill-Hog-USA- ... 2027309396
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

...arrghh... ...arrghh... ...arrghh... ...arrghh... ...arrghh

Okay, this post isn't really about direct from China stuff but rather the typically associated problems I have with my local delivery drivers!! ...argghh...

I am currently in great need of a car brake repair job, for when I now use my brakes, not only do that not seem to be very good, of course, but I hear metal grinding on metal. I plan to do the repair job myself, however, so I've been shopping around for the parts and tools I'll need to get the job done.

Last week one night I bought some of the tools I would need from Walmart and then I also ordered some more things online. I ordered 3 items through ebay from 3 different sellers located in different parts of the country and I also ordered 2 brake rotors from an online car parts place.

The 3 items I ordered through ebay were all shipped through the U.S. Postal Service and each was expected to be delivered on a different day this week - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The good news is that the local post office apparently had all 3 items on Monday morning! Woohoo!

...but the bad news is that the mail carrier only put 2 of them in my mailbox Monday afternoon along with a pink slip giving the address and the date and indicated that there was a missed delivery of another package. No other information was given. I could see with the online tracking, however, that the reason it wasn't delivered was "no safe location."

Well, I just assumed the carrier couldn't fit all three packages into my mailbox at once and so I would be receiving the third package the following day which was yesterday, but that didn't happen, and then today I decided I should probably try to get to the post office despite my dangerous brakes and just pick it up, but I was up late last night and was just feeling too tired and sluggish to go (not to mention my chronic health problems).

...and then, of course, it didn't get delivered today, either! Is my mailbox truly not a safe enough place to put a can of brake cleaner, you think? ...hmmm...

Well, okay, my 2 brake rotors were shipped through UPS and were scheduled to be delivered today through their 3 business day shipping option. I checked the status online and, good! My brake rotors were apparently "out for delivery!" Yeah, I should have everything I need this evening to do my brake job except maybe the can of brake cleaner which I can pick up tomorrow! So, I'll be able to get this thing done tomorrow!

...but NO! NOOO!!!!

...arrgghh... Not again!!!

Earlier this evening, about the time I would expect UPS to deliver a package to me, I checked the online status for it, and it said "The shipping address provided may be incorrect or incomplete" and in another section "The street number is incorrect. This may delay delivery. We're attempting to update the address."

It is now too late for a delivery tonight and I still don't have my rotors!!

...arrgghh..

I checked the email from the online parts place and the shipping address they show for me is absolutely correct and it even has my phone number included with it!

So, my local delivery driver may be at it again! I thought I had a new guy and this problem was fixed!

This sort of thing has happened before, if you've been following along and remember. My local delivery driver would put down that the address was wrong when it was correct. She'd tell them that I wasn't home when I was. She once even drove around with one of my packages for an entire week while doing this sort of thing - and until they actually shipped it back to the sender!

...all because she didn't want to get off her lazy fat butt and come and knock on the door or something if she needed help. (She was friendly to talk to, though, the deceptive... ...uh... ...well...)

I don't think a 24 pound box of brake rotors would have stopped the last guy I saw from running down my driveway in his shorts. He seemed to be on the ball.

That lousy lying woman is back. I know it!

I really do hate this. If I don't call UPS myself tomorrow and start hounding them, I might not see those rotors tomorrow or even this week.

I shouldn't have to do this. I shouldn't have to worry about them driving around with my package all day long to then just deliberately lie and not deliver it at the end of the day.

...arrghh...
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Okay, I checked the status of my UPS package online today and it didn't even say "out for delivery" this time! It said there was a problem and that they were trying to contact the intended recipient to get a corrected address!! ...but if they were trying to contact me, they sure weren't doing a very good job of that, either. I received no phone calls or email messages of any kind from them!

Maybe they were sending me a letter perhaps? ...to the address they said was wrong?

Anyway, I called the toll free number this afternoon and I was asked for the tracking number. When I gave it, she said, "Oh, we have that here." Then she made some excuse about vacations and temp drivers!

I had her read me the address she had for me, and of course I had to confirm that it was indeed the correct address! What did I tell you?! ...and she didn't seem to be surprised by that either. Well, she had already made the excuses, of course.

Anyway, I tried to describe for her how to find the place and they are going to try again tomorrow.

I also looked on my pink slip from the U.S. Postal Service and noticed there was an web url for rescheduling their deliveries, so if it was just a matter of the carrier not being able to fit my can of brake cleaner into the mailbox with the other stuff Monday, I've now filled out the info needed so that they should try again tomorrow.

Want to place bets on whether or not I have to go pick it up anyway?

...arrghh...

I should have fully repaired brakes by now, but it looks like I won't be able to even start the repairs until the weekend.
I prefer working alone.