Polymath

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

re: Polymath

Post by eccentrically1 »

jim wrote: I wrote stock analysis computer programs, wrote hundreds of Bessler wheel type programs before finally finding the solution to perpetual motion.
I don't think you can cross the solution to perpetual motion off your bucket list, jim. When do you think you will get those new holes drilled and test your model?
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

And now we may refer to you as the beard of knowledge
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Polymath

Post by WaltzCee »

daxwc wrote: I think slowly those toddlers are catching up.
You don't really impress me as one interested in the truth, yet if you want it here it is: Fact is some will never catch up.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

daxwc wrote:PS- before somebody gets their panties in a knot the ass clown was directed at myself. 8)))))
as it should be.

ETA: I'd prefer asshat to ass clown.
Walter Clarkson
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Re: Polymath

Post by Furcurequs »

jim_mich wrote:I wrote stock analysis computer programs, wrote hundreds of Bessler wheel type programs before finally finding the solution to perpetual motion.
Shouldn't the wording of that last part there (that I've made bold) be more like "before having a perpetual motion idea that, in the slight chance that my hand written computer simulation is not mistaken, I believe might warrant an actual physical test"?

...lol
jim_mich wrote:Also, many times some of the trolls here have tried to portray me as ignorant, uneducated, and unintelligent, which is really and truly not the case. So I thought this might serve two purposes, much like Bessler's double entendre.

jim_mich,

Don't forget "dishonest"!

I have seen you stubbornly defend mistaken math for months on end. I have seen you stubbornly defend mistaken physics for months on end. There are mistakes that have been pointed out to you that you even still have not admitted to.

I have seen you make incoherent arguments comparing your perpetual motion idea with a mechanical Maxwell's demon even while showing that you don't really have a grasp on some of the basic physics principles and problems that would be involved with something like that. ...all while, of course, you tried to dismiss the valid criticisms of others by making rude and derogatory remarks and even personal allegations against them - even to the point of you trying to have at least one of them banned from the forum for challenging you.

If a Maxwell's demon were an actual possibility, for instance, it would allow for the harnessing of molecular kinetic energy that we know is already there at a microscopic level for use on a macroscopic level. Despite your comparison of your own ideas to this theoretical (and also believed by the mainstream to be impossible) device, you've not explained what energy it is that your device would supposedly harness, for by your own descriptions we can see that it certainly wouldn't be thermal energy and we also know that kinetic energy can only be conserved at best.

None of your past successes in whatever they were in changes the fact that more recently and in this forum you have stubbornly defended and even promoted mistaken notions while trying to disparage, by also calling them "trolls" of course, people who were actually trying to help you by pointing out to you your very real errors.

Have you heard of the "Peter Principle?"

It's the idea that people in the business world get promoted to their level of incompetence. In other words, they finally get promoted to a job they're not really suited for and are not able to do well despite actually having deserved the promotions for their performance in prior positions, and it is then in the new position where they prove to be somewhat incompetent in which they then stay.

It looks to me like you've gotten into the position that you are now stuck in through your own self promotion! Think about that! You have Petered yourself out! ..lol

Maybe you should go back a rung on your version of the corporate ladder!

It's quite obvious what you are trying to do here. You are still attempting to prop yourself up above others when you truly are not equipped to be doing so and you are still trying to take credit for something you've not actually done.

Despite what you may want to believe about yourself, you have shown that you don't have anything in relation to a perpetual motion machine that others here in this forum don't have, also - and that, of course, would be untested speculative notions that most likely aren't going to work when tested (although we try to be optimistic... ...lol).

If you are at a point where you are assessing your life accomplishments, I would suggest you leave the imagined ones off the list!

For super genius street cred, you (and I would even say we all) would probably need a resume' that included some stuff beyond the abilities of a typical handyman or even a fairly capable business person.

I'm just trying to keep it real. Brutal honesty may be the only thing that separates the sane from the nuts in this tap dance near the fringe. You and we all have to be willing to do proper tests of our ideas and accept valid experimental results to avoid tripping over and falling into the dark and nutty side. If Bessler was not a fraud and actually had what he claimed, then the truth is not our enemy.

...but if you would promote falsehoods, you would be the enemy and would even be your own worst enemy.

I do find all this rather fascinating, really, for all of us here probably have some similarities in our personalities.

We all, then, need to do proper tests so as to avoid deluding ourselves or to even waste time in misleading one another.

On a personal note, I'm glad you're hanging in there with the health problems.
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
daxwc
Addict
Addict

Post by daxwc »

WaltzCee:
You don't really impress me as one interested in the truth...
If the search for truth is putting Bessler on a pedestal, cherry picking evidence and holding zealously on to fanatical views? Then I guess not… it is after all not a declared official religion.

But the good news is Jim must be treating his ex-wife better.
What goes around, comes around.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Furcurequs wrote:I have seen you stubbornly defend mistaken math for months on end. I have seen you stubbornly defend mistaken physics for months on end. There are mistakes that have been pointed out to you that you even still have not admitted to.
This is beyond choice. I'm at a loss for words.

This is very rare for me.
Walter Clarkson
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

daxwc wrote:If the search for truth is putting Bessler on a pedestal, . . .
They suppose 107,602,707,791 have ever lived. Given Bessler wasn't a fraud, I'd say he was one very unique person. Put in other words he saw something no one else that has ever lived saw.

I think that's amazing.
Walter Clarkson
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

WaltzCee wrote:
Furcurequs wrote:I have seen you stubbornly defend mistaken math for months on end. I have seen you stubbornly defend mistaken physics for months on end. There are mistakes that have been pointed out to you that you even still have not admitted to.
This is beyond choice.

Glad you chose to highlight it, then. ...for as someone who is indeed interested in the truth, I felt a responsibility to point out in other threads and even in this one too that some of the things that jim_mich had been saying before were simply not true - as anyone can confirm by doing proper experimental tests and/or through understanding already accepted basic physics principles.

In that jim_mich has apparently, and based upon his own input, not had any sort of experimental validation of his own obviously highly speculative notions, whatever he chooses to share about them in this forum is not only open for discussion but is also subject to valid criticism.

Some of the areas of jim_mich's obvious confusion, then, have already been addressed in other threads and even by others besides myself. Perhaps you have missed them and so don't understand why I have said what I have said.

After his mistakes were pointed out to him, it appears he also chose to be deliberately deceptive rather than to just honestly admit them.

You are, of course, welcome to believe whatever or whomever you wish. I personally, though, have little patience for the WILLFULLY ignorant and the deliberately dishonest. So, I would suggest you actually seek the truth instead of blindly following and/or defending words and behavior that have thus far been indefensible.

jim_mich getting ignorant and gullible people to believe him isn't going to produce a working wheel. If a working wheel is even possible, then only valid ideas and proper experiments will produce it.

Don't fret, though. I've already agreed to repent and truly eat crow should jim_mich through some miracle show that his ideas would really work. ...but unfortunately for us all, all he has been able to serve up is more BS.

WaltzCee wrote:I'm at a loss for words.

This is very rare for me.
Thank God (your alleged client?) for small miracles, right?! ...haha
I prefer working alone.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

So you're glad.

The pursuit of perpetual motion is a perfect example of
stubbornly defending mistaken physics
Now if you are seriously in search of a solution, the very act is mistaken physics.

pot = black
kettle = black
pot = kettle

non-persistent miracle. the words came to me, kettle.
Walter Clarkson
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Jim's crow that will never see the pot or the kettle = black

...lol
I prefer working alone.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

I've also planted gardens. I like peas. When peas are fresh they are crunchy, like candy.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
Wubbly
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Wubbly »

Jim wrote:I wrote stock analysis computer programs, wrote hundreds of Bessler wheel type programs before finally finding the solution to perpetual motion.
That's hilarious.
It's easy to create energy on paper by giving all of the momentum of a large mass to a smaller mass, but the actual laws of physics have a different mathematical solution to the problem. Still not sure what error you are making in your calculations.
By claiming you have a solution, without a working wheel, does not make you look like a polymath.
james.lindgard
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by james.lindgard »

jim_mich wrote:Polymath: a person of wide-ranging knowledge or learning.

Polymath was mentioned in a couple of posts.

I've worked as a mechanical draftsman, an electronic circuit draftsman, a mechanical designer, a medical instrument designer, a chief draftsman, a Styrofoam shipping package designer, a computer case designer, a computer keyboard designer, an architect for my own home, a machine tool designer, head of quality control, and I've probably forgotten more than many youngsters have yet to experience.

I've mowed lawns, mowed hay, raked hay, baled hay, plowed fields, rototilled, cultivated corn, fed chickens, gathered eggs, milked cows, raised cattle, raised chickens, and raised sheep. And I've planted many gardens over the years.

I've plumbed houses, sweat soldered copper pipes, soldered wires, installed PVC piping, plumbed LP gas lines, wired houses, roofed houses and barns, sided houses, stripped off old lead paint, painted houses and barns, installed kitchen cabinets, laid vinyl flooring, laid laminate flooring, installed windows, finished wood trim around doors and windows.

I've mixed concrete, poured and troweled concrete, mixed mortar, laid bricks, laid stones, installed furnaces.

I invented the barrel composter, invented a de-striper for removing the tractor feed strips from old fan-feed printer paper.

I invented a method for obtaining unlimited Free Energy from any warm deep body of water. I invented a solar powered water wheel.

I've run RS-232 wiring and connected CNC mills and lathes to a PC, wrote an interface program for the PC, wrote a triangle solving program for PC's and hand-held HP calculators for use in writing CNC programs (back when computers were still DOS based 286 machines). I've operated a CNC mill.

I've done DOS programing, Basic programing, Visual Basic programing, Fortran programing, PC Machine Language programing, HP calculator RPN programing, HP calculator machine language programing,

I wrote computer games starting back in 1979, wrote horse-race analysis programs, was down-loading horse-race data using a 1200 bps modem long before such evolved into the internet.

I wrote stock analysis computer programs, wrote hundreds of Bessler wheel type programs before finally finding the solution to perpetual motion.

I've made hundreds of CAD drawings of PM wheels and other invention ideas. I've made hundreds of MS paint drawings.

I've invested in the stock market. I've day traded stocks. I've traded in the Forex gold market. I helped run a natural foods community coop. I helped my wife with a restaurant she bought. I've changed diapers and wiped snotty noses.

What else can I remember? As a child I was driving tractor at age five, wired my first electric outlets at about age eight. Built my first crystal radio about that time. Listened in on the home phone calls by running wires parallel to the incoming phone wires. Build a wind powered cart. Repaired the engine on my go-cart. Decapitated chickens with an axe for my Mom. Later learned to decapitate chickens hung on a fence.

I build a broadcasting system by circling my bedroom with wires hooked to an amplifier, then picked up the signal with a small wire coil hooked to a one transistor amplifier, back when few people even knew what a transistor was. I built a radio transmitter.

I learned to shoot a BB-gun at about age 7, and a rifle at about age 11. Was given a 22 ga rifle for Christmas at about age 12. Soon after, I shot a squirrel in midair as he jumped between trees. Build my first bicycle from scrap bike parts. Then I learned how to ride it.

Starting at about age 14 I would drive tractor and wagon to the feed mill in town, unloaded the corn, load the bags of ground cow feed, then drive back home.

I replaced the main bearings in my Dads '52 Chevy at age 16. I tuned up many automobiles. Repaired many automobiles, repaired many farm implements when they broke, learned to shear off rivets and re-rivet hay-mower teeth, learned how to replace broken guard teeth on the hay mower, learned how to replace spring teeth on the old hay rake, and how to repair its link chain when it broke. Learned how to mount and un-mount the corn cultivator on the old John Deere tractor. Learned how to hand crank start both of my Dad's tractors.

I got my driver’s license when I turned 16. Owned my own car at age 17. After high school I attended Allied Institute in Chicago and studied machine tool design.

At age 18 I was accused of cheating on an employment aptitude test because I finished it early and scored 100%. In high school I read encyclopedias for pleasure. I score in the top one percentile when taking mechanical aptitude and spatial relations tests.

I've glazed windows. Repaired many a door latch. Designed a special two wheel cart for lifting and moving plastic parts pans at the machine shop where I worked. One of the more experienced guys did the welding of the cart. I have a stick welder and I've welded a few things.

Chemistry... many years ago, I built a few chemical bombs that used bleach and chlorinated cleaner, which when mixed produces very toxic chlorine gas. Such instantly bleaches and kills green grass. I wetted and scraped the heads off from strike anywhere kitchen matches, then formed the paste into little balls, dried them, and they explode with a small pop when thrown against a rock or sidewalk. I had a chemistry set during my teen years.

I've travel the USA north and south, east and west. Been to the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands.

Obviously I’ve learned how to cook and bake, but I’ll never be a real chief. I’ve washed many dishes, pots and pans. Suzy, my Maytag dishwasher now does my dishes.

I’ve installed clothes washers, clothes dryers, dishwashers and gas stoves. I've repaired washing machines, gas and electric clothes dryers, and electric stoves.

I've cut down hundreds of trees then cut and split them for fire wood. I built a barn and I've built fences.

I own a small milling machine, a small engine lathe, a power metal saw, a router table, a table saw, a band saw, a welder, and many power hand tools. I've milled parts, turned parts, sawed parts, drilled parts, threaded parts, tapped parts, glued parts, and assembled parts.

I’ve built more PM wheels than I can remember.

I'm an elected politician serving as a local precinct delegate. I've raised four very intelligent offspring. Three now own their own businesses in North Carolina, the youngest runs a business near Detroit. All three boys attended college, my daughter opted for marriage instead. I have five grand-kids and three great-grand-kids. My wife of 45 years bailed on me about three years ago. I was exhausted all the time. She seemed to think I was just lazy. She said I no longer loved her because I no longer had the strength to work my ass off for her.

I survived a ruptured appendix. I survived my liver shutting down for a week due to breathing cleaning fluid fumes at work. I fought fibromyalgia pain and got rid of it. And I fought chronic fatigue syndrome, which turned out to be MDS. Twenty years working in a machine shop with toxic industrial cleaning fluids had sapped my strength and damaged my chromosomes. I have only a fraction of normal number of all types of blood cells. This really puts a drain on one’s personal energy. It brought a halt to my wheel building. The doctors had never seen blood counts so low. I’m now like a vampire, living on other people’s blood. This illness has been a setback, but like I’ve always done, I’m bouncing back and once again beginning to kick ass, living life to the fullest.

There is so much more that I no longer remember at this moment.

So it seems I am indeed a polymath person with wide-ranging knowledge, learning and experiences.

Jim_Mich,
You also failed to notice that Langley who was the research director of the Smithsonian Institution and was America's foremost scientist failed in flight but the Wright Bros. did not. The Wright Bros. did not discuss everything they knew when building their airplane. And from what you told me yourself, you do not understand how a simple well pump works while you can post a parts list and tell a story about how old you are.
And if you think you know something, prove my version of Bessler's scissors wrong. A man with your talents should have no problem showing that someone from Michigan is smarter than someone from Ohio.
After all, Michigan grows more potatoes than Idaho but Idaho is famous for what they grow. :-)

edited to remove one sentence. Still, anyone who can do everything Jim_Mich can should have no trouble building a set of scissors to prove they provide no extra work. But in his calling me things like a sock puppet or saying I should be banned because him and ab don't like me, maybe they can show some work ?
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

james.lindgard, I don't want to start another fight with you, but you are a lying troll. Your statement that, "Michigan grows more potatoes than Idaho" is an outright lie. Idaho grows about 21.2% of the US potato crop. Michigan grows a lot of potatoes, but only about 6.7% of the US potato crop. There has always been a Michigan/Ohio rivalry in football. But as everyone can see, I'm smarter than you.

I'm well aware of the past rivalry between Langley and the Wright Bros. and much more. If I were to post all of my knowledge, rather than just my experiences, I would have an encyclopedia-size set of books.

I've known how a simple well pump works since grade school. You simple twist facts and lie. You are like all ignorant trolls who think a lack of a reply indicates a lack of knowledge.

I have no desire to waste my time arguing with you about why your scissors concept will not work to produce extra energy. All gravity-wheel concepts are doomed to fail to work as imagined. Such is a fact of nature. Nature's laws can not be broken. Nature's laws do provide a means for perpetual motion, but NOT by harnessing gravity.

PS. There was no reason for you to copy all of my original first post of this thread. I sometimes copy people's whole posts simply because some trolls constantly edit their posts. But no editing is allowed after 24 hours, so if a post is more than 24 hours old, simply point out the location of the post. Why do you waste mine and Scott's internet bytes in this manner?