Donald Trump 2016?

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

John Collins
Addict
Addict

re: Donald Trump 2016?

Post by John Collins »

Brexit has not yet been implemented and the UK is not sliding downhill. The pound is down because the money markets don't like uncertainty. Once article 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon has been triggered things will become clearer and we can get on with re-establishing our place in the world.

JC
Read my blog at http://johncollinsnews.blogspot.com/

This is the link to Amy’s TikTok page - over 20 million views for one video! Look up amyepohl on google

See my blog at http://www.gravitywheel.com
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

What is the possibility that TRUMP CONTINUOUSLY made self-fulfiling prophecies of election rigging, simply to divert his OWN well orchestrated plan to RIG THE US GENERAL Election in HIS FAVOUR to win the Election, with the help of PUTIN?

He did say, HE COULD DO anything and get away with it.

He said he has spent 100 million dollars of his own money. Could that have been used to get some sophisticated election riggers?
Keep learning till the end.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

You said a terrible thing there, I won't say it. That would be a felony. You are not allowed to say such a thing about an elected president. But you would be amazed how deeply dishonest some people are, really they are. There are some really terrible-terrible people out there. I won't say it is all of them, but there are a lot - A LOT!
Let's assign our best people to this problem and get to the bottom of this.
We absolutely need to figure out what is going on here. It's a big-big problem!
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Michigan uses cardboard ballots which are optically scanned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizel-SzoBw

After marking your ballot, you keep it in a folder, and a poll worker tears off an ID numbered tab, then you get to personally insert the ballot into the vote counting machine.

When the machine accepts the ballot then the ballot drops thru the machine and into a holding box. If the machine senses that you marked the ballot wrong, say you voted for both Clinton and Trump, the machine will spit the ballot back out so that you can correct your mistake.

At the end of the day, the machine prints out the results. If a candidate requests a recount, the machine can be used again to count the ballots, or the votes can be counted by hand, simply by looking at each ballot and sorting them accordingly. If the quantity of ballots or the voting machine results or the tear-off tab count are different at any time, then the poll workers are in deep trouble.

Yes, the poll workers COULD rig the election, they COULD turn in fake results. But such would require conspiracy. Most poll workers are older ladies from the community.

raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

Trump has believed in and warn his followers again and again and again against elections rigging i.e conspiracy as you say, by his opponents.

So what's wrong if his opponents believe that he has actually rigged this presidential election in his favour???

After all, he has what it takes to do it: billions$.

If Clinton would have won, suspicion of election rigging would be claimed, as per Trump warning.

Why not election rigging claims after Trump's win???
Keep learning till the end.
preoccupied
Devotee
Devotee

Post by preoccupied »

If there was election fraud it could have happened on either side of the election. It's more likely though that election fraud could have happened because paranoia was created about if there was election fraud. People on the right might have tried to cheat because they assumed people on the left were cheating and vise versa. If Trump had never brought up election fraud, the election fraud that could have happened would likely have been much less likely.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain
Oystein
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oystein »

In my view, and many others outside US, this is what it looks like:

All Trump does is to push populism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism slander and beliefs that creates resonance among the less intelligent people. Like undocumented conspiracies and rage against the establishment. (against "them"). And putting the blame for their problems on others, outsiders and foreigners etc.

It is not hard to resonate among many voters, but that don`t mean that they are right. Rather the contrary.

Like a Norwegian philosopher and poet wrote (Henrik Ibsen). About voting and democracy 150 years ago:

"It is no discussion that the stupid is in great and shocking majority everywhere on this earth. But it just can't be right that the stupid should rule over the wise."

It\s not a discussion that Ibsen was right, and that this is what we now see in the US 150 years later. The problem will most likely persist/exist forever.
www.orffyreuscodes.com
The truth is stranger than fiction
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

It's nearly impossible to rig the election, mostly because of the electoral college system in place. Trump was talking about the email controversy somehow being a scheme by the FBI to boost Clinton's numbers.
The methods to tilt an election in favor of one party are through gerrymandering - redistricting precincts - (both parties have done it), and, by making fewer voting locations available so it becomes more difficult to vote, which is an effective strategy in states without early voting.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

I agree with Oystein, it might be because of an outside/European view.

And I think it's even worse; the election is based on manipulation almost by definition. It mostly appeals to the lizard brain (Fight/Flight, Fancy/Fear). For the majority any choice will be a mere response trigger (populism) and not so much appeals to well informed intellect.

Even when we think we're well informed, we still don't always agree with all the options in that single package - especially when the effect of such option is a bit more complex then the choice one has to make; preferably we must have some flexible system.

For any system to become flexible and dynamic there needs to be at least 3 sources/forces: when sufficiently distinct from each other any source can thus try to find its balance between the two other externals. Hence N-body systems, weather-models, chaotic systems, double pendulae, etcetera are a bit harder to predict.
But because of the US-winner-takes-all-mentality any 3rd option is simply excluded as being a waste of voting-effort;
The current situation is even worse because the vote included the choice for the supreme court and congress. There was obstruction first, now there's no flexibility and possibility of correction because there just one single party.
I suspect a lot of votes went for this longer-term 'solution' despite the choice they had to make, a choice which theoretically doesn't have to last a complete term. And even when this suspicion is based on nothing, it's still weird it's part of the 'deal'.

All these effects for one single vote and dumbed-down by some lengthy advertisement circus makes this system rigged by design (even without possible or impossible counting issues).
"Rigged" as in - the final outcome is made certain, there are no gray-areas allowed even at the intermediate levels.
The outcome was clearly closer to 50/50 than 100/0.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
MrTim
Aficionado
Aficionado
Location: "Excellent!" Besslerwheel.com's C. Montgomery Burns

Post by MrTim »

Like a Norwegian philosopher and poet wrote (Henrik Ibsen). About voting and democracy 150 years ago:

"It is no discussion that the stupid is in great and shocking majority everywhere on this earth. But it just can't be right that the stupid should rule over the wise."
If anybody hasn't seen the movie Idiocracy yet, you should... ;-)
"....the mechanism is so simple that even a wheel may be too small to contain it...."
"Sometimes the harder you look the better it hides." - Dilbert's garbageman
TGM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by TGM »

He won fair and square. Enough people were fed up with the status quo.

By the way, the electoral college is still the greatest thing since before sliced bread.

We here in America live in a Republic, not a democracy. Tyranny rule by the majority is frowned upon. The electoral college prevents this.

And some of you living in different societies could learn a thing or two about freedom from us before you go spouting election rigging.
"Orffyreus commented that when the secret is revealed, he is afraid that people will complain that the idea is so simple it is not worth the asking price."
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

When in the USA I had a choice to purchase a book.

1. The Constitution of the United States of America
and selected writings of the founding fathers.

2. The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe.

The day after the result; I started reading the purchased book.

By respecting each others cultures we can all become the wiser.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Culture is great when things go well, but when it needs to be addressed specifically then it's often overrated.

I think this is also a good read:
http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Scanned you document

Article 6
Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.

France do not implement the law in the country on everyone.

Article 12
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Article 15
1. Everyone has the right to a nationality.
2. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality
nor denied the right to change his nationality.

privacy - has the USA signed this document?
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Donald Trump 2016?

Post by WaltzCee »

eccentrically1 wrote:It's nearly impossible to rig the election
Project Veritas

live and learn.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.