Moderator: scott

daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Feedback

Post by daanopperman »

Hi all ,

Today was a great day for me .

A while back asked for help with a TX which had very low range , well it turned out to be the RX .

I opened the RX this morning , looking to see what I could find . I started at the aerial , which have a small cb, with a metal shield covering it . In the small shield is 3 holes , so I poked a screwdriver into the one I picked from ene mine no , and like a lighting flasf I had reception .
I was truly elated .
I moved 3 transmitters outside and can receive at a range of about 50 m .
Before it was less than 50 mm .
Tomorrow I shall install brackets to my wind gen jinpole and then will be able to record wind gust , average wind speed . To be able to improve blade design this is what I will need
I will then be able to record the difference in rpm on a warm day compare to a cold day with the same wind velocity .

I plan to fabricate blades from carbon fiber , with a blade dia of 4 m . I do not have a strong enough support for anything larger than this at the moment .
All calculations for wind speed and blade pitch have been done , I have calculated pitch at every 100 mm down the blade from root to tip .
I am also changing from generating DC to 3 phase AC . I have removed the diode stack from a old 3 phase battery charger from a forklift charging station so that I can bring the storage battery's c!oser to a secure place and then convert it to DC there .
Before the battery's was at the wind tower , but to easy to remove .
So if any of you have some experience with carbon fiber , some tips would be appreciated .

Thanks to all that made suggestion to improve the TX range , I think it was Tarsier who suggested higher voltage , I did jump from 3.6 v to 4.8 v on one TX , but that increased the range only by about 400 mm .

Daan .
agor95
Addict
Addict

re: Feedback

Post by agor95 »

How is your project progressing?
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

re: Feedback

Post by daanopperman »

Hi agor95 ,

Not as it was supposed , it had to be finished by now .
I am loosing com's between tx and rx , due to I hope is the
loss of potential from accu. It has solar rechargeable internal storage , but every now and then all data is lost , so for the moment put on hold , so much to do , so little time , I have to paint the house , multi level dump , so I want to fabricate so scaffolding , just 2 tiers .
Then inside revamp , need to do this as for many years wife has been very lenient , and I would end my life if something would happen to her before this longterm project is signed off .
As soon as things progressed , I will have something to share .

Daan .