All the Clues on a Detective’s Poster Board

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

re: All the Clues on a Detective’s Poster Board

Post by Stewart »

Hi Sam
Sam Peppiatt wrote: Stewart,

I have something for you to check on when you get a chance. See Wiki, clues this site, the 4th one down. It reads: "Who can make a pound weight rise as 4 oz. fall. Or 4 pounds rise as 16 oz. fall".
Sorry for the late reply Sam, but I see ME and Fletcher have helped you with this (thanks ME & Fletcher). I don't have much more to add here, but I'll talk a bit more about the whole of chapter 43 of AP (which is where that excerpt comes from) in my forum soon:
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6247

He shall be called a great craftsman,
who can easily throw up a heavy thing,
and when one pound falls a quarter,
it shoots up four pounds four quarters. &c.

There's little room for error here I'm afraid Sam. It's either as miraculous as it sounds or there's a trick in the intended meaning of the 'quarters'.

All the best
Stewart
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for going over that again for me. Thanks, Stewart.

Sam
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Hi Daan
Daan wrote: Hi Stewart ,

Hierdie is nie n versoek nie , dit is n uitdaging , aanvaar jy did nie , sal ek later daar op reageer . Ek glo nie iemand sal dit lees behalwe jy nie , maar net soos in johann se werk is hier ook n versteekte bootskap , vir een van die forum lede , so kom ons noem hom sam , wat ook sy naam is , ek dink hy is niks anders as n puisie op n pommy se poephol nie , en maak hy self n seksuele skuif . Ek dink jy weet wie is die puisie , en wie is die poephol . Ek het geen behoefte om jou werk af te kraak nie , maar maak beswaar dat jy ander se werk verkleineer , wat dalk net so lank as jy met die vertaling van die stuk besig was . Hulle het die vondasie gele vir almal wat na hulle gekom het .

Ja , hierin mag ook spelfoute wees , want die verdomde spel chekker bly alles wat ek skryf verander om dit in engels the vertaal .

Daan
Yes I've also read Bessler's ship document. Your summary isn't bad and as Tarsier says there are no interesting details about it and it holds no clues, at least on the surface (pun intended). Are you asking me to provide my own translation?

I'm disappointed that instead of rising above Sam's rude comment, you decided to descend to his level and rudely and personally insult me too. I hoped I'd made it clear that I didn't approve of Sam's comment to you. I even invited you in to my private forum when I realised you weren't already a member. I expect you'll dismiss everything in there, but at least you're seeing more up-to-date translations and information there rather than years old posts.

You say you "don't want to belittle my work", but you still do. You say you object to me belittling the work of others, but over the years I've repeatedly acknowledged the good work of John's translator Mike, and have only sought to help improve the accuracy of certain parts that I can prove are wrong, and others have since also. I'm not doing it out of any malice or spite, but just to try and help get to the truth. Anyway, see my last post to Fletcher which has more detail on this.
Daan wrote:The post also had nothing to do with Bessler wheel , or a long shot at a solution, I just feel , that Stewart is someone without any proof of academic training as a translater , so the things he spills here is his own opinion of Bessler work .
He claims to have spent many hours doing the translations , but so has the other people whom he now debunk , and calls their work incorrect . Stewart then gives his opinion as to whether I understand or has any comprehension of English , but I can assure all , that although I do not communicate in English frequently , there is very little I have to google to understand anything that he has to offer here.
And there it is. Daan assumes that because I don't have academic qualifications that I have no business doing what I'm doing, despite the fact that I've produced more accurate translations (as proved) than those people that do have certain qualifications. The reason for this is probably only because they have not studied in detail areas of science and mechanics from the time period, or have not had the time to agonise over difficult areas of the text. They also don't necessarily have an interest in the subject matter and are carrying out the translation on behalf of someone else. They also don't have the benefit of cross referencing many Bessler texts while they focus on one document at a time. I don't think you're actually aware of the circumstances in which the other translations came about. Anyway, did Champollion have a qualification in translating Egyptian hieroglyphs? No, just a reasonable intellect that allowed him to do the job where others had failed and to become the expert.

You say you understand everything written here in English, and yet your own written English is poor (although much better than my written Dutch, so its not a criticism). I'm just left wondering where the problem is, as my translations have been backed up over the years by various German forum members. You seem to be the only person who thinks we're all wrong, other than jim_mich who was just desperate to make Bessler's words fit his theories at all costs. I'm left thinking you either have a grudge and are deliberately being obstreperous, or the language used by Bessler is significantly different from that which you speak. I wonder if we'll ever get to the pimply arse of it. ;-)

All the best
Stewart
Stewart
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Stewart »

Hi Sleepy
sleepy wrote:1.Because of the language and the time (1700's) that they were written,we can probably not get an accurate picture of what was being said,as slang and common phrases have changed hundreds of times since then.
I don't agree with this. The language isn't the problem, as in my experience it's possible to find most phrases in the old dictionaries. I also don't consider 300 years to be a long time at all and the era is very well documented in the many thousands of published writings.
sleepy wrote:
2.The current translations and the clues themselves are so vague,that any design you might come up with is going to fit a number of the clues.
I want to believe the answer is somewhere in Bessler's writings,because if we have nothing concrete to stand on,the puzzle of PM can seem overwhelming.
I think it's true that while there are clues that might guide us, the answer is not fully given to us on a plate, and this problem will only be solved following time spent building and experimenting in your workshop as Bessler himself did.

Let's keep trying though! Good luck!

All the best
Stewart
rounder
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by rounder »

BUMP