The Earth Doesn't Rotate or Move - No...seriously. It doesn't.

Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

The Earth Doesn't Rotate or Move - No...seriously. It doesn'

Post by Silvertiger »

Yes, it is true. Alas our precious earth doesn't rotate. Discussion will now commence. Before submitting obvious arguments to the contrary, try your best without Googling to explain how this is possible.

Excerpts from here.
Grimer wrote:
Furcurequs wrote: Imagine you were on a rotating space station...
But you ARE on a rotating space station. It's called Planet Earth
and got out of bed and while still half asleep you dropped your toothbrush:

"Hey! Why did my toothbrush not fall straight down?"
Your toothbrush doesn't fall straight down on Planet Earth.

But you fail to notice it because the deviation from straight-downess is so small that it's below your threshold of perception.

You are very small compared to the size of the earth.

If the space cadet is very small in relation to the size of the space station then he will not notice the deviation from straight-downess either.

Like the people who were first told that the earth went round the sun you are having difficulty in changing your point of view, Furcurequs.
Hate to break it to you but the earth doesn't rotate. (This information has been available since the late 19th century, but was made definitive and irrefutable in 2013. Most people don't care; only scientists and physicists who believed the opposite for so long. Half of them accepted the evidence with wonder; the other half were so surprised...and so angry and outraged from having this data staring straight at them, instantly having doubt cast on their careers, their lives and their very foundation of beliefs, that the term "Axis of Evil" was re-coined, in reference to the CMB map that's been stirring the whole pot since the 1970's lol.) The first question, of course, is ALWAYS about Coriolis. Coriolis is caused by...something else lol. Think relativity, since Einstein wrote it to support both scenarios, as he knew no one would believe the true case lol...and it is there that we find Scotty's equation for transwarp beaming summed up in a nutshell. :D

cloud camper wrote:I think it rotates.
Why?
cloud camper wrote:Well, an hour ago it was dark and now it is light. That tells me something is moving around out there. Unless the sun is rotating around the earth! But I think that has been resolved.
Is it impossible for the sun to move around the earth?
cloud camper wrote:So the earth has it's own sun but all the other planets got left out? That's not fair!
All of our planets orbit the sun, while the solar system, which includes the sun and the planets that orbit it, rotates around the earth. Yes, the word "around" is emboldened because it is not an orbit.

agor95 wrote::-) I really can not compete with your analysis; other than to say as the universe rotates and the earth stands still C.F. is created in confusion and pulls on the chain. Then all our hopes fly off, flush down, the pan of insanity. :-D
Earth is at rest. It isn't moving. At all. It really is at rest. There is no CF to get confused lol.[/b][/url]
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

re: The Earth Doesn't Rotate or Move - No...seriously. It do

Post by rlortie »

Why not first: come to a consensus for the definitions of the words; rotate and revolve.

Does not the earth revolve while rotating around the sun? The moon makes one revolution per rotation around the earth, therefore we always see the same side?

Do not know why I am involving myself in this, other than the fact that it is to damn cold here to do anything else. Wish I was in Fiji!

Ralph
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

You're right. To rotate is to spin on at least one axis innate to a single object. To revolve is two have at least TWO objects rotating about a minimum of one common axis. How's that?

The earth neither rotates; nor does it revolve. Try to think and reason about how this is possible before asking how or why or simply refuting it. Hint: you're on the best possible forum for it. It can be fun.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

It depends on what you choose for your frame of reference. Anything can be at rest that way.
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Earth is rotating evidenced by it's equatorial bulge of 26 miles of additional
diameter created by Centrifugal force generated by earth's rotation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_bulge

Can we get back to our regularly scheduled fake news now?
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Earth has always been shaped that way. If an egg is egg-shaped does that mean forces acted on it to make it that way? Also, every experiment ever conducted to prove the earth moves has failed, most notably Michelson-Morley and the subsequent ad-hoc explanation of the results by Lorentz and Fitzgerald in what came to be known as contraction of length.
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Wrong again - turns out that all planets and moons (even the sun) have bulges in direct proportion to their known rotation speed (and gravity).

That would mean that Earth was the only celestial body around that had a bulge not formed by rotation.

And since the Michelson Morley experiments could not be performed on the surface of other planets, we only have one data point - insufficient evidence.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence (in this case non-rotation).

Epic fail!

http://education.seattlepi.com/large-eq ... -5592.html

More proofs of rotation: https://www-spof.gsfc.nasa.gov/stargaze/Srotfram1.htm
Last edited by cloud camper on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

1. A bulge does not necessarily mean that the earth is rotating. This is an inconclusive observation based on looking at other bodies of similar shape, which makes for a very weak control group. Tidal forces from the solar system rotating around earth can cause the same planetary stress and cause the bulge. Remember, special relativity was written to account for both frames of reference. Whether we are rotating or the solar system is rotating around us, the forces are still the same and the math yields the same results.

2. The interferometer experiments were valid because every scientific experiment must have a control group, otherwise there would be no basis for comparison. The control group for light is very easy to establish in lab; much easier than observing the shapes of other bodies in space that we cannot recreate in lab. Moreover, if they were invalid, then ad-hoc theories would never have had the need to be developed, such as special relativity and contraction of length.

3. Data collected from three satellites from the 1970's to 2013 have told us the same story many times over: the Earth does not move. At all. The most recent data came from Planck. They revamped and overhauled the technology and rewrote all the algorithms to see if this was an anomoly. Nope. Same results; several decades later. We are cosmically aligned with two axes in the CMB that align perfectly with our equator and ecliptic at ALL times of the year. It never wavers. If the earth were rotating on its axis at 1,040 miles per hour, whilst orbiting the sun at 67,000 miles per hour, whilst corkscrewing its way along with the solar system around the Milky Way's center at an insane 514,000 miles per hour, we would never see such an alignment. Never. Not you. Not your descendants.

4. We would not be able to travel in space. Since the space shuttle can only achieve around 17,500 miles per hour, if it left the safety net of the effective range of earth's strong gravity force, and went in the wrong direction, say, directly away from earth's orbit around the sun and without effective gravitational pull from other celestial bodies, it would never be able to turn around and accelerate enough to return. It would be stranded in a very long, long orbit around the sun, as its own mass would resist its acceleration until it reached a terminal velocity which would never come even remotely close to 67,000 miles per hour. You might as well invite the Robinson family to come along for the ride.

5. Almost finished. Here is what we do know from observing other bodies that rotate. If you look at pictures of planets with atmospheres, they all have something that we don't: atmospheric drag and lag due to rotation. This drag, an inertial property of gases, causes the atmosphere to lag behind as it is loosely tethered to a rotating planet. The atmosphere striates and lines up in the direction of rotation. Earth doesn't seem to have that lol.

6. I saved the best for last. Put a tire on a horizontal table wheel, one with a hole in the center, and spin it. Where is the tire's center of mass. Well good gosh, who'da thunk it? It's empty space! Then go get a globe model of the earth and mount it through the wheel's center hole so that it doesn't move. Spin the wheel. Guess what. The tire spins and the earth doesn't move. Now imagine that this tire isn't just the solar sytem; nor is it the Milky Way. It is the universe. The math STILL WORKS. We are sitting in, impossible as it may seem, the Center of Mass of the Universe, which, like the tire, is vacant which makes all of this possible. Once again, the CMB "Axis of Evil" becomes very real. It is as real as you and me; and as certain as death and taxes. This is WHY the phrase was re-coined.

I am extremely surprised and confounded and utterly dismayed that there is hardly a soul out there who has yet in their lifetime to notice even ONE of these phenomena, most especially people who devote many hours to the pursuit of things, such as overunity, which mainstream science considers to be impossible.

I ask you. Am I, along with many astrophysicists, scientists, and researchers, and etc., still wrong?
Last edited by Silvertiger on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

I ask you. Am I, along with many astrophysicists, scientists, and researchers, and etc., still wrong?
Yes.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

eccentrically1 wrote:
Yes.
Thank you for that lengthy, in-depth scientific analysis that took some several man hours to draft. ;) Did you read it lol? Now how about a real response? You can do it. :)
cloud camper
Devotee
Devotee

Post by cloud camper »

Well folks - it seems as if we're being led down some new age Christian religious rabbit-hole here:

http://www.genesis-creation-proof.com/E ... onary.html

The idea is the earth is the center of the universe with the sun revolving around the earth each day.

And the author of this site writes in the very same style as ST!

Good try! I'm Jewish so wasn't fooled for a second!

But it's OK ST - I still like you even tho your cred is now shot!
eccentrically1
Addict
Addict

Post by eccentrically1 »

For one, anyone trying to get anywhere on earth isn't hopping on while it's moving under them. They are already moving with it. So it is possible to get to the poles while the earth is moving 1040 mph because he is already going 1040 mph. Isn't that freaky?

The space travel example is the same, the shuttle can accelerate and return to a moving body because it left with the same relative motion.

Where did you get your info about the CMB axis of evil? I've never heard of it. It sounds suspiciously conspiratorial.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

I had it backwards. In my defense I work third shift so I'm pretty tired when I get on here. He moves faster at the equator. Duh. O.o I made the appropriate edit. The rest still applies.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: The Earth Doesn't Rotate or Move - No...seriously. I

Post by Silvertiger »

cloud camper wrote:Well folks - it seems as if we're being led down some new age Christian religious rabbit-hole here:

http://www.genesis-creation-proof.com/E ... onary.html

The idea is the earth is the center of the universe with the sun revolving around the earth each day.

And the author of this site writes in the very same style as ST!

Good try! I'm Jewish so wasn't fooled for a second!

But it's OK ST - I still like you even tho your cred is now shot!
Cloud, you don't know me nor anything that I know. What gives you the right to hand out haughty criticisms when you're on here pursuing something that most people consider to be impossible? Kind of hypocritical behavior imho. The motion of the earth cannot be proven. It never has been. ONCE again, the math works BOTH ways. You're saying that it just isn't possible for us to be at rest at the COM of the universe, and yet it is the easiest explanation for red shift and expansion, instead of factoring dark matter and dark energy into a stationary universe. Find the data that shows we are moving. Present it here. Please? :)
Last edited by Silvertiger on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

On the note of Creationism and Geocentrism, I did a lot of research before finding a podcast series called "The Principle," along with a DVD of the same name. I ordered the DVD last year and it was fascinating. Much of this information is on that series and DVD, and shows how many scientists and physicists have changed their views on the universe and the motion of the earth in light of the plethora of evidence presented. You guys should check it out. The CMB axis of evil is the crux of their investigation, as the data received from Planck Satellite showed that we are cosmically aligned with the axes along our equator and along our ecliptic. And the only explanation for it is an earth that doesn't move. It is the cornerstone of the whole thing. And yes, God is a part of it. But one shouldn't dismiss science, the nature of observation and recording it, because God may be involved. After all, although it is a rare occurrence, it IS possible to believe in God and to be pragmatic at the same time. Just because something may seem to be a certain way doesn't necessarily mean that it is that way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwyM0C ... gMw7aLC0TA