Miscellaneous news and views...

Moderator: scott

Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

What have I invented?

Post by Tarsier79 »

Here is my invention.

The invention is not something with 4 wheels. It is actually the control system. Something with 4 wheels only actually needs 1 board. This has 6. These particular boards are not much more than a microcontroller breakout board.

It doesn't look like it, but the control system uses only 3 wires, and can be used for anything from motorcycle blinkers to complex robotic systems. It relays information about system health, sensor data and control signals. I am working on making the system like lego blocks: plug together and they work.
Attachments
20170221_154241.jpg
Art
Devotee
Devotee

re: What have I invented?

Post by Art »

Enough time out Tarsier ! , -
Get back to working on that Wheel ! : )
Have had the solution to Bessler's Wheel approximately monthly for over 30 years ! But next month is "The One" !
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

Very impressive. As you say I couldn't hope to understand it but I'm quite happy to take your word for its originality and worth.

It should give you confidence for mastering the Bessler Wheel which - let's face it - must be simpler in both its construction and its principles of operation.
Tarsier79
Addict
Addict

Post by Tarsier79 »

Art. I have no idea how Besslers wheel works, nor do I have an idea to test. If I saw something in nature that caught my eye, I would investigate it.

Besslers wheel isn't something that is easy, or even probable. I am closing in on 20 years searching for PM, but I know where I have looked, and where I shouldn't look, but no idea on where to look again.

PM will not be found in sim. Pm will not be found with maths. It will be found by observing and understanding something unusual.
justsomeone
Addict
Addict

Post by justsomeone »

Very impressive Tarsier!
. I can assure the reader that there is something special behind the stork's bills.
raj
Addict
Addict

Post by raj »

@Tarsier79!

Very well put, dear friend.

Raj
Keep learning till the end.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Re: re: What have I invented?

Post by Grimer »

Tarsier79 wrote:Art. I have no idea how Besslers wheel works, nor do I have an idea to test. If I saw something in nature that caught my eye, I would investigate it.

Bessler's wheel isn't something that is easy, or even probable. I am closing in on 20 years searching for PM, but I know where I have looked, and where I shouldn't look, but no idea on where to look again.

PM will not be found in sim. PM will not be found with maths. It will be found by observing and understanding something unusual.
Bessler's pendulum is unusual. Seems to me the crank isn't big enough for a full swing.

Is the pendulum there as a NG spring to allow energy to be taken out on one part of the cycle with the upswing and returned on the next part with the downswing - the equivalent function to the spring in the Dominant Flywheel?

What do you think?
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Just speculation; Could the Bessler's Pendulum be a clue placed in the engravings?

So they may not have been present on the physical wheel.

Did some of the information say the pendulum were not strictly required.
Also the weights, but both can improve the performance.
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

agor95 wrote:Just speculation; Could the Bessler's Pendulum be a clue placed in the engravings?

So they may not have been present on the physical wheel.
Certainly seems a possibility, agor.

I can't remember any witness statements in John's book of a whacking great pendulum on the outside of the wheels.
Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terribilis ut castrorum acies ordinata?
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

Hi Grimer ,

I am soooo happy you notice the small amount of crank throw . I have been saying this but I might have spoken to a wall , the period of a pendulum depends on the length of the shaft , not the weight of the bob , and this is a fixed duration of time , whether the pendulum's amplitude changes or not .
Now , as the wheel increase velocity , the period of the pendulum cannot change , but being coupled to the wheel via the crank , it is forced to follow suite .
This arrangement causes a huge conflict in motion between the rpm of the wheel , and the period of the pendulum , so much so that you may use this conflict to lift a weight in a flash up at 12 .
I am positive this is the reason why the Marseburg wheel have the extra 2 weights on the T bar of the pendulum , since the 2 extra weights connected to the T bar cannot influence at all any action generated by the pendulum . They increase the momentum of the pendulum bob when it is forced by the wheel to reverse in direction before it has completed it's amplitude . This is where the " jurk " comes from that I have talked about in a nother topick .
The frequency of rotation of the wheel , and the frequency of osculation of the pendulum does not match .
If the scale of the drawing is closely accurate , calculate the frequency of the pendulum , it should match the 50 rpm of the wheel , but it does not .The more weight in the bob , the more the jurk will be , but the pendulum shaft will not survive the onslaught , so Bessler added a triangle to increase the weight of the bob , by adding more weight to the truss and less to the pendulum shaft .
The dog will only go to where his chain will reach . ( that will be the pendulum )
Don't put the cart before the horse ( the pendulum can drive the wheel , but the wheel cannot drive the pendulum without conflict )
Every time the pendulum changes direction , every 180 deg of turn of the wheel , you will receive this jurk , so 2 pendulums in a wheel will give 4 X a jurk .

Daan .
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

Hi Tarsier 79 ,

Was this machine with the 4 wheels printed in parts on your printer ?
I like many here I am sure , envy your machine , what a wonderful time we live in , To design , print , and put your ideas into a working 3d hardcopy all at home is just mind blowing , Gary Player said , ( he was a golf champ ) the more I practice , the luckier I get , so practice more , and who knows where it will end .

Wonderful work .

Daan .
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

daanopperman wrote:Hi Grimer ,

I am soooo happy you notice the small amount of crank throw . I have been saying this but I might have spoken to a wall, ...
Full marks, daan. I've clicked your greenie in appreciation. Not that it will do you much good since I seem to have lost the one we were all given at the reset. I must have pissed someone off even more than usual. :-)

Could we have a link to the post where you drew attention to the small amount of crank throw?
daanopperman
Devotee
Devotee

Post by daanopperman »

Hi Grimer ,

The post was not to draw attention to the wee crank throw , but to the period of the pendulum verses the rpm of the wheel .

I will have to look for it , it might take some time , the screen I have to work from is very small , times like this I miss jim_ mich .

Key words for a forum such would be period , osculation , and pendulum .

It should be there more than once in different topics , at least for the last year .

I would also like to draw attention to the Pelton Wheel , a water driven turbine , using deflection of the water in the direction it came from , IOW , 2 X the momentum of the water
acting on the turbine , once in the positive direction , and again in the negative direction of the water leaving the turbine .
I likened this action as jerk , where the water is used 2 X to remove as much energy from the velocity of the water as possible . Every action has a reaction , therefore 2 actions would result in 2 reactions .The firs action is the water impacting on the turbine , the second action is the turbine acting on the water .

Daan .
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Silvertiger
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Silvertiger »

Tarsier79 wrote:Art. I have no idea how Besslers wheel works, nor do I have an idea to test. If I saw something in nature that caught my eye, I would investigate it.

Besslers wheel isn't something that is easy, or even probable. I am closing in on 20 years searching for PM, but I know where I have looked, and where I shouldn't look, but no idea on where to look again.

PM will not be found in sim. Pm will not be found with maths. It will be found by observing and understanding something unusual.
These are some of the wisest words written on the forum. And I'm being absolutely serious. For when all possible and probable avenues have been exhausted, sometimes the best course of action to take is none at all, until such time as one presents itself, and usually in the form of inspiration or a flash of genius.
Philosophy is the beginning of science; not the conclusion.