More Physics Lectures/Videos!

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

More Physics Lectures/Videos!

Post by Furcurequs »

While procrastinating with other things, I've been binge watching more physics lectures!

I heard that UC, Berkeley was going to be taking down their courses on youtube due to a legal complaint about them not being accessible to some handicapped people. So, I scrambled to download some of their technical courses before this happened.

Although it is now past the date the take down was supposed to begin, their physics courses still seem to be there.

The following three links are to playlists for their course "Physics for Future Presidents." This course is basically Physics 101 taught without the math. Presidents apparently aren't expected to know how to do math!

Anyway, I've watched most of all three versions - each taught by a different professor. They include many demos and the different professors bring a slightly different take on things.

I really enjoy this sort of stuff, but of course I'm really nerdy/geeky and whatnot! ...lol

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ranBB0woKX

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8A86FF549D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... D5B42B2266

Here is another basic physics course which actually has some math. The young fellow teaching this one is entertaining, I think. He's kind of quirky and maybe a bit of a comedian.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yOrQyGUlk_

With my flaky DSL line, I can't count on uninterrupted streaming, so I used my youtube-dl program to download these before watching them. I found format (f) 43 - a webm file - to be a good trade off between video screen size and file size.

I hope you can enjoy them as much as I did! ...lol

Dwayne
I don't believe in conspiracies!
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

re: More Physics Lectures/Videos!

Post by Furcurequs »

I found a playlist that has 136 of Leonard Susskind's physics videos from Stanford. I've download about a third of them so far myself and still counting. These go beyond the basics and include courses in classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, quantum entanglement, special relativity, general relativity, cosmology, statistical mechanics, particle physics, string theory and m-theory, etc...

"Leonard Susskind - All Stanford physics lectures in order"

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... o-O_kpZGk8
I prefer working alone.
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

I too have looked at many of these, have not found one, that uses a roberval balance motion as a exstension of leverage, which causes a advantage like I am useing. If you come across, any type of opposing leverages which uses a double pivot, being lifted by a single pivoted lever, that combines a up and down motion, which allows a weight force to be lifted near center, and dropped further from center please post it?

Most of these lestures make me wonder how a simple clock was ever invented!
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Hi Fcdriver .. I gotta say that reading your posts over the last few years that you are either a mechanical genius who has seen what everybody else and the establishment missed (hence you're a genius) or ... you have deluded yourself out of pure frustration in attempting to solve the riddle of Bessler's wheels motive force.

I'd rather you were the unheralded genius FWIW, because there are many examples of the latter unfortunately so it's a common human failing it seems.

All The Best and hope you can actually show and prove what you say one day so I can at last be enlightened.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Dear Fletcher,

In the past I occasionally received private e-mails from members concerned as to Fcdriver's claim of having a runner.

My response is to amuse yourself in the following manner: Paint two park benches, on one put a sign; "WET PAINT"... Then stand back and watch which bench gets touched more frequently. You may or may not be surprised by the results!

Ralph

EDIT! We have been waiting since Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:19 pm Pacific time for the paint to dry.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

I know what you mean Ralph .. unfortunately Scott's website here has taught me far more about 'human nature' (the nature of humans) than physics.

I wish that hadn't been so, and I wouldn't have believed it had you told me, when I began investigating this mystery about 20 years ago.

I remain an entrenched realist because of those experiences, but it's nice once in a while to wonder about the magical properties of pixie dust, even if just for a moment.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Thanks Furcurequs.
These go beyond the basics and include courses in classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, quantum entanglement, special relativity, general relativity, cosmology, statistical mechanics, particle physics, string theory and m-theory, etc...
It seems you need to tightly schedule your procrastination efforts.

Meanwhile, on some weird sticky park bench, my mind wanders...
The search for Perpetual Motion seems to be a lot like the recipe for soup.
Last year we have heard FC had tasted some soup.
When asked for some hints about its flavors we are told: It's in a bowl, probably a liquid, and it's hot!
So it's still not sure if FC actually brewed, smelled and tasted that soup or the sole idea just made his mouth water.

hmm... soup.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

If you guys care too look at roberval balance in a different light, in that you can project leverage, to another distance. A lever is but one tooth on a gear, or a gear is a series of levers.
It is not the same old same old series of crank motion, that is solving perpetual motion, but a different combination of very simple motions. Powered flight was not solved by saying it can't be done! Powered flight was not solved by a all knowing professors at a university! We do not have 60 ton aircraft today because people were taught flight was not possible!
Fcdriver
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Fcdriver »

If you look at Besslers clues, and read them from another perspective, 1/5 the of a circle is 72. Then look at a harmonic motion layout what do you see? About 72 degrees is all of a motion, that is accelerating the rest are NOT!
Why have motion that is not productive?
Get away from a crank motion of 180 down and another 180 degrees up, it will not work!
If a weight force is moving down with the wheel movement, how many degrees do you have to for lift?
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Sorry FC, to begin I would like to say that nobody needs that unrelated nonsense about flight, light bulbs, and what certain academics are not doing.
It's like comparing early explorers who made maps with map makers, and blaming map makers for not exploring the world themselves... I figure we could both continue with that analogy, but let's not.

So let's continue, perhaps we can understand what you're saying...

* Use a Roberval balance to project leverage to another distance:
Yes, sounds good.

* A lever is but one tooth on a gear, or a gear is a series of levers:
Yes, agreed.

* It is not the same old same old series of crank motion:
Let's take your word for it, so I'll not try to figure out what crank motion you meant here which doesn't seem to work anyway.

* but a different combination of very simple motions:
Many figured that would be the case...

* If you look at Besslers clues, and read them from another perspective
What was the 'normal perspective' ?

* 1/5th of a circle is 72:
yes, but why should 1/5th be preferred over 1/4th or 1/6th ?

* Then look at a harmonic motion layout what do you see?:
For a default simple harmonic motion I may see a sine and cosine function, 90 degrees apart.

* About 72 degrees is all of a motion, that is accelerating the rest are NOT!
I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about here.

* Why have motion that is not productive?
Sounds reasonable for a perpetual motion.

* Get away from a crank motion of 180 down and another 180 degrees up, it will not work!
That's what most of us figured already....
The non-working factor is usually about the amount of Potential Energy (height) being equal.
The 180 degrees up/down is a just a depiction of simply going up and down on a perfectly circular path, the outcome shouldn't change that Potential Energy when the amount of degrees and radii change.

*If a weight force is moving down with the wheel movement, how many degrees do you have to for lift?
I have no clue.
You seem to have a some sort of mental picture about "degrees" and "harmonic motion" you use as reference...
I don't have that reference.

Trying: Logically when you claim 72 degrees have some 'accelerating motion' then this obviously should balance against another 72 degrees?

This reply makes sense?
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Furcurequs »

Fcdriver wrote:I too have looked at many of these, have not found one, that uses a roberval balance motion as a exstension of leverage, which causes a advantage like I am useing. If you come across, any type of opposing leverages which uses a double pivot, being lifted by a single pivoted lever, that combines a up and down motion, which allows a weight force to be lifted near center, and dropped further from center please post it?

Most of these lestures make me wonder how a simple clock was ever invented!
If you are interested in analyzing specific mechanisms, you might have a better chance of finding something related if you look for mechanical engineering videos. I've not watched too many of those myself, but I am anxious to get back to some that I've already download. I'll probably watch a few (or maybe even a 100) more physics videos first, though.

These physics classes typically just deal with fundamental principles. It's in the engineering classes that people concentrate on how to make use of the applicable principles in designing real world devices.

If I didn't have more important things to do, I would probably be tempted to try to design a clock myself, actually.
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: More Physics Lectures/Videos!

Post by Furcurequs »

ME wrote:Thanks Furcurequs.
These go beyond the basics and include courses in classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, quantum entanglement, special relativity, general relativity, cosmology, statistical mechanics, particle physics, string theory and m-theory, etc...
It seems you need to tightly schedule your procrastination efforts
Hopefully, I'll get to making that schedule later. ...lol
I prefer working alone.
Furcurequs
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: More Physics Lectures/Videos!

Post by Furcurequs »

Fletcher wrote:I know what you mean Ralph .. unfortunately Scott's website here has taught me far more about 'human nature' (the nature of humans) than physics.

I wish that hadn't been so, and I wouldn't have believed it had you told me, when I began investigating this mystery about 20 years ago.

I remain an entrenched realist because of those experiences, but it's nice once in a while to wonder about the magical properties of pixie dust, even if just for a moment.
In my younger days before the internet when it was hard to find much information on the claims of the independent "inventors" I occasionally heard about in the news, I really did want to believe that there were (other ;P ) lone genius inventors out there somewhere making breakthroughs in areas where the mainstream feared to tread.

(Wow, was that one sentence?! ...sorry)

Heck, even those college dropouts Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak were apparently able to build a personal computer in their garage or something, so individuals apparently could sometimes do interesting things fairly independently.

...but now that there is the internet and we can find much more information on the so-called "inventors" of "free energy" devices, it really gets to be depressing. We find out that their "energy machines" actually need thousands of batteries hooked up to them to work, for instance! We see that these revolutionaries don't have an understanding of even the most basic of physics! We see that they don't have a clue as to how to perform a proper experimental test! We see that their amazing "inventions" are held together by masking tape and glue!!

Oh, wait! That last one is me! Leave that one out!!

...lol

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that someone who had a real working device with a significant power output would have absolutely no problem in getting the world's attention, and so we aren't likely going to be hearing about it on some obscure forum or youtube channel first. If the output of the device happened to be low enough that it was difficult to measure, however, that might be a little bit more problematic.

Someone in that situation would probably have to convince some academics that they really really knew what they were doing so that they could maybe get some help in further exploring the phenomenon, I guess.

Should my own experiments ultimately prove to be successful, though, I've already been rehearsing how I'm going to explain the principle(s) of operation! I could practically do a physics video of my own at this point - while only swiping maybe a few bits and pieces from those others I've been watching.

With it taking me so long to get my experimental devices built properly, it sure has given me a lot of time to think about my devices' theory of operation and from multiple points of view, even. I guess this is ultimately a good thing, though, in that I feel I'm at least more prepared to explain their principle(s) of operation to a patent attorney or whomever - should one of them ever actually prove to work, of course.

...arrrgghh...

So, who are worse? Those of us who go on and on about not getting our devices built and tested or those who claim to have working devices but who don't?

I'm sorry! Really! ...as I guess I'm being kind of pathetic.

At least I'm not working on - and wasting money on - that Higgs Boson crap!
Last edited by Furcurequs on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I prefer working alone.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Are you my long lost twin bother?
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

It's pretty easy Dwayne .. there is a line of basic honesty in the sand.

You walk up to it from one side when you say you have a great idea but it is untested vis a vis a prototype has not been completed (experiments still continuing). Everybody understands and respects that position, even if the idea is not shared.

A short step later and you have crossed over it to the other side when you say you have a working prototype (i.e. something that works).

It's just a small insignificant step but some can't seem to resist taking it (the human nature part i.e. the drivers of need for status or self interest).

Now that's all very good and fine IF you actually have a working prototype of a working PMM. There will of course be derision and a call for some sort of evidence of claim. If you choose to not attempt to validate your claim then that is your business but you should expect fall-out.

I have seen just about every combination of the above and many variations.

What I have never seen is a claim of success that is then promptly backed up with validation, ever.