Simple Tests

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

agor95
Addict
Addict

re: Simple Tests

Post by agor95 »

Just remember the warning mass rotating at speed can cause damage.

Ask your self some question

1. How fast are the masses moving.

2. How to stop the device.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

agor95,
Hopefully I'll need to hurt my hand to stop it. If all goes well the velocity of the over balanced weight will be about 1 m/s by the time it reaches the 6 o'clock position. The wheel will be about 1 meter in diameter. I am hoping to have the discs on a stand this weekend. I finished the "routing" fixture today. I'll have some details to work on as I'm building it. This is because a bar needs to be caught so a weight will be retracted creating an under balance and then the bar needs to be released so the wheel can continue rotating. I think everyone will like it.

edited to add; the pictures are of the fixture for trimming the disc. The last picture will go from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock to give an idea how it will be on the stand in relation to the wheel. Hopefully Wednesday I'll be able to start on the wheel itself. I'll need that to verify how wide the stand will need to be.
The disc is about 17 inches long and it's small radius is about 12 inches.
I think once I can have the wheel between discs then everyone will be able to see what I'm doing much better. If you can see the line on the last picture, the axle will be located on that line towards the outside of the disc. There will be some "fitting" to do once it's altogether. And that will be easier to explain when I get to that point.
Attachments
IMG_20171002_123252[1].jpg
IMG_20171002_191306[1].jpg
IMG_20171002_191221[1].jpg
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

The circled section is the section that will retract a weight. I am showing the approximate position of the wheel's axle. This means tomorrow I'll get the wood for the "wheel". I might redo the stand after I have the frame of the wheel finished. Then I'll know how large the base of the stand will need to be.

edited to add;
Then I'll know how large the base of the stand will need to be. What will be telling is when I can show that a line actually retracts using such a disc. I'd have to say the reason that I understand this is because of the amount of work that I've put into it.

Might not be able to keep the offer open much longer AB Hammer. The lead for the weights is supposed to be in my mailbox and the bearings I've ordered are suppose to arrive tomorrow. I always did say that I would let Bessler be my teacher and this is why. Only he knows for certain what he did and with me, have learned quite a bit my learning from his drawings. This means that I've had to reconsider how I perceive what I know.

May just finish it off line since the only thing that matters is whether or not it works.
Attachments
IMG_20171003_113041[1].jpg
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

I got my bearings early. I'm not sure why I feel like the most difficult part of this build is over with but I think it is. I'll need to get a wood rasp and hand plane to dress up the retraction disc so it will have a uniform appearance. After that the rest of it should be easy enough to do.
I have built enough levers to lift enough weights. And since there will be no outer rim making a cross bar set up will be easy enough. and once everything is on a stand then the stop bar will be the last detail to work on. And I also get to pour my own weights. Again.
What I will remember is that Wagner has been more favorably quoted in this forum. I think this si because he called Bessler out and showed who was in control. After all, Bessler did get arrested for being accused of being a fraud, right ?
And John Collins, when Bessler said he was not Orpheus in his mind he wasn't. This is because he viewed himself as Hermes, the inventor of the lyre. After all, it was Orpheus who made the lyre sing, right ? Bessler never made Orffyreus sing. Remember he got arrested and thrown in jail. That's not making something sing.
I know how to do it in an odd sort of way and will be able to give a nod to Bessler's religious beliefs as well. Then I think you'll know what it is to make something sing.

The pic is of the lead weights I bought, fishing weights actually (Matthew 4:19; And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.) and the bearings and axle for Bessler's wheel.
Bessler could've said it but didn't.
Attachments
IMG_20171003_161848.jpg
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

The drawing while simple shows a 90° rotation. The retraction disc uses no energy to move the weight being lifted to it's inner most position. It probably will take my demonstrating this with an actual build.
When I get paid today I'll be able to buy the wood to start on the frame. I'll need to hand work the retraction disc some so all parts will be uniform in their appearance and dimension. What I find frustrating is it seems no one yet grasps how conservation of angular momentum works. Maybe once I finish the build and everyone sees it work then maybe someone will be interested in that aspect of Bessler's work.

I'll give a little math for the he11 of it. Going with a 1 meter radius and 1 kg weights which allows for 9.8 n-m's of torque.
The first 90° of rotation, from 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock the weight uses 75% of the work the top weight is generating. After that the weight being lifted will use only 50% of the momentum that the falling (swinging downward) weight generates. This part is considered conservation of momentum. and that would be when the wheel quickly accelerates.
Who knows, maybe by this weekend I might be able to have a disc and frame on a stand.
Attachments
P-1.jpg
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

I will stick with my build and discuss nothing with no one. The only thing that really matters in here are green dots. They give people power or control over others. I think in the end it will be found odd that openly building creates so much resentment in this forum by people who do not build or attempt to understand or realize Bessler's work. I think this is why I am only one of many who believes that Scott should get rid of that system as it encourages cronyism.
Besides, I post in here because in the past there have been those that have said they like it that I show my work and build. They know what this forum should be about.
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

This is the basic layout that I am building. I am going to try and use some principles they use in booms (overhead cranes) and bridges for structural support. This means it should go together just fine and be light in weight as well. I may need to make a new stand but what I have now will work.
It does look quite simple, doesn't it ? Bessler did say it was something so simple that a child could build it.

edited to add; the odd shaped piece will be secured to the stand and will not rotate.
Attachments
layout 1.jpg
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

I am going to try to take my time. I still have problems which require surgery. And Bessler did say the disc around the axle was his principle mechanism. To understand why it matters is it does help to understand both Conservation of Momentum and Conservation of Angular Momentum.
I am hoping by next Friday/weekend to have the frame on a stand. This includes having the retraction disc mounted on the stand. Since my medical hardship does make things more difficult for me it would be best for me to slow down in my approach to building.
What is over looked is that when angular momentum is conserved by a weight being pulled towards the axle, it will try to accelerate. This can accelerate the wheel as it relates to the wheel's own Moment of Inertia. And this while an imbalance is being created allowing gravity to accelerate the over balanced weight.
If anyone has a desire, they can go over the math I posted in John Collins thread and who knows, maybe someone will consider doing a few tests to see if I am right or not.
And with this drawing, I did spend about 1 1/2 years working at things to get to that point. Yet was very much criticized for working openly by private builders.
Anyone who wants to can look at this picture and then compare to what I am working on now. This might be one reason why I want my wood working to be respectable. It would help to demonstrate how much I have learned pursuing Bessler's wheel.

I posted that picture on February 24, 2009.
Attachments
myDesign.GIF
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

This is where I am at with my build. Unfortunately I may not post in here anymore as it would interfere with AB Hammer's "talking wheel" and I do know that's important to him.
Attachments
IMG_20171008_121707[1].jpg
IMG_20171008_121658[1].jpg
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

john.smith wrote:
rlortie wrote:john.smith,

Your above post is a waste of space! It holds no reference what so ever to the simple question I asked.

Is this how you were taught to evade physics as you understand them?

Are you overjoyed that I did not include: What happens to torque, Am, inertia, kinetic energy, Cf and Cp etc.....
I like the way you're attacking me when I already answered the question. You have no problem with rlortie rejecting accepted science because he was a Civil Engineer. He did not demonstrate what that has to do with this topic, IE. Perpetual Motion. AB Hammer claims he has 30 years of engineering experience as well and neither one posts their work like I do.
The wheel will not be accelerated by the ascending weight. It's torque will remain constant. With 2x the velocity it is also 50% closer to the axle. Because it is more energetic it's relative mass decreases.
@rlortie, since you and your friend AB Hammer have no work to show (IMHO) wouldn't this make you both arm chair philosophers ?
You both reject all the testing and building I've done over the last 10 years.
Usually this would be funny but where else does someone get ridiculed for showing their work ? I guess some people want to protect credibility they haven't earned.
leave other strings alone and keep your BS on your own string.

PS As for john.smith AKA James Lindgaard's BS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3Iq3XQkAw
"Our education can be the limitation to our imagination, and our dreams"

So With out a dream, there is no vision.

Old and future wheel videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/ABthehammer/videos

Alan
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

john.smith wrote:@John Collins,
This is IMHO. When rlortie said that math and science is armchair philosophy this is because he couldn't say the disc around the axle is just that. After all that is what Bessler said. And at the moment I think I have much more building experience than anyone else.
With AB Hammer and rlortie needing to protect their credibility I don't think a good discussion is possible. If so then when I said that CoAM and the disc around the axle work together they might have considered that possibility. Then they would've been showing why they are forum leaders. But they couldn't do that.

john.smith akd James Lindgaard
Post your BS and lies on your own string.

PS I'll just keep reposting your BS on your string until you leave your personal attacks out of your postings.

Time to flush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3Iq3XQkAw

Alan
john.smith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by john.smith »

AB Hammer,
This forum is about Bessler`s wheel. What you and rlortie have been posting is not about Bessler`s wheel.
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

john.smith wrote:AB Hammer,
At the end of the day you and rlortie are not building because both of you have medical problems. You have stated that you need a 100% disability rating before you can build. My medical situation is more serious than yours or rlortie's is yet I am building.
I think this is funny because you're saying I am posting B.S. while rlortie is refuting well researched science. And if he wants he can say my building is worthless because that is armchair philosophy while it is actual work. yet you will say this is B.S. because that is all you have anymore.
some more lies from.
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 8&start=30

Alan
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

john.smith wrote:agor95,
I've got it figured out. I could show how the retraction mechanism works but my efforts don't count.
I consider ab hammer to be a fraud. He has not explained how something he has built is meant to work perpetually.
An example of his work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueh2sJXHmG0
Sorry but I do need surgery and I do believe he is willing to discredit me. He IMHO wants people to think there is something to be learned from his work. And as his friend rlortie posted, math is a waste of time. Neither one has contributed anything to my work.

p.s., as I've posted before, I do think it's nice of me to show my work in here because there are those who would like to see it.

edited to add; another way of looking at it, why would people be against working with me ? it might all be about bragging rights and not who helped to realize Bessler's work. You know, who's better, etc.
Some more BS from

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... &start=105

this video of mine is more the truth but not my best now under construction.

Alan
AB Hammer
Addict
Addict

Post by AB Hammer »

john.smith wrote:agor,
After I can have surgery I probably won't touch Bessler's wheel again. It's been a really bad experience. Math has been shot down as not worth anything. This is because most in here haven't considered how momentum is generated. It's the falling weight and not the one being lifted. Getting a weight to be in it's outer position is the easy part. But how is the momentum (spin of the wheel) conserved ? I've been trying to explain this and have been politely told to go fock myself.
No one here is telling you to go fock yourself for you medical problems. A lot of us also have medical problems as you have attacked me for my disabilities. You attack and then cry "they are attacking me for my problem". The only problem we have here is you for passing so many lies and BS that has nothing to do with this quest.

posted and response from
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... 367#154367

Alan