White screen

Ask a question or request a feature related to the website or forum...

Moderator: scott

Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

White screen

Post by Robinhood46 »

It's been a few days now that every time i post a post, i just get a white screen. Not my whole screen just the website onglet (i think it's window in English)
I also no longer receive emails notifying me of any new posts in the threads i follow.
It's not the end of the world, because i just use my shortcut to the "Board Index" when i get the white screen and check in every now and then to see any new posts.
Is it just me or are we all lucky enough for this to happen?
Any ideas as to how to fix it?
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: White screen

Post by JUBAT »

When I have had problems with sites rendering properly, I resort to deleting my browser history and things go back to normal. I can't say for sure if it will help you, but it has solved my problems repeatedly in the past.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

Robinhood46 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:13 pm It's been a few days now that every time i post a post, i just get a white screen. Not my whole screen just the website onglet (i think it's window in English)
I also no longer receive emails notifying me of any new posts in the threads i follow.
It's not the end of the world, because i just use my shortcut to the "Board Index" when i get the white screen and check in every now and then to see any new posts.
Is it just me or are we all lucky enough for this to happen?
Any ideas as to how to fix it?
yeah it happens on submitting the post after writing.
Its all relative.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Lol,
I've just done something to my commuter i probably shouldn't have done, definitely regretting it.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

"Bienvenue dans votre compte
Si vous pensez avoir perdu l'accès à votre compte en raison de modifications effectuées par un tiers"

Welcome to your account
If you believe you have lost access to your account due to changes made by a third party

OOOF, I got it back. That was my google account.

I think i fucked up big time, with this one.
I think i best stick with easy things like solving Perpetual motion and leave the complicated computer stuff to the youngsters.
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

Make sure to use long complex passwords on your accounts. If you can't remember anything too long, use a repeating phrase that overall is complex, but when broken down is easy to remember. Something like 4 letters and 4 numbers with punctuation before and after plus changing lowercase to uppercase like this:

!!!!bewhBEWH!!!!

Or ((bwBWbwBW))

Passwords like this are extremely difficult to break, but are fairly easy to remember.
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

I suggest using passwords where you have punctuation beginning and end with a change of uppercase and lowercase in a repeating pattern you can remember. They are extremely difficult to hack. For example:

!!!!bwBWbwBW!!!!

((((jebJEBjebJEB)))

They are extremely effectual and easy to remember.
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

I've tried to post some password suggestions and the forum won't take them. It must do something to the site.

I'll just explain it. Choose some punctuation at the beginning and end like 4 exclamation points or 4 parenthesis. Follow that with a repeating pattern upper and lower case like bwBWbwBW or jebJEBjebJEB. Those styles of passwords are extremely difficult to crack.

I've used some form of a repeating pattern that when broken down is easy to remember, but when looked at in whole, is difficult.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Thanks for the advice, but I'm alright with passwords, they are complicated enough and easy to remember.
My problem is i haven't got a clue what I'm doing when something plays up, which unfortunately does happen every now and again.
It looks like i just lost access to most of my accounts, because of erasing my entire browser history and all cookies.
I don't think i was supposed to do that. Or maybe i was but i actually did something else.
Who knows? it could be anything, i haven't got a clue what i'm doing.
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

And by the way, it didn't fix anything.
So that was a fat lot of good, but it's all good fun.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Well I am getting the non-return after posting.

Another creaking feature to go into the list.

Saying that it did not happen to this one!

Someone may have oiled the gate.

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

When i go to "manage subscriptions", the information seems contradictory to me.

Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button.

Watched forums

You are not subscribed to any forums.

And underneath this, is all the threads i am, or at least thought, subscribed to.

Should i unsubscribe to ALL of them and then re subscribe to the ones i want to continue being subscribed to? Or is the problem likely to be fixed by another method, so i don't need to bother doing that?
Robinhood46
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Robinhood46 »

Nobody has oiled the gate i go through, i still get a white screen/window.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Robinhood46 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:25 pm Nobody has oiled the gate i go through, i still get a white screen/window.
I am keeping to the absolute minimum features with this site.
So you are correct I am using less gates.

Sometimes I try using an alternative browser and see if it's faulty in that.

However I expect faults here so end up not bothering.

P.S. This post got the white screen of death. [this is an update line].

Regards
Last edited by agor95 on Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

Sorry for the multiple posts. I got a white screen error myself when trying to post and every time I would repost it, same error and I gave up. This morning same error in the jokes thread in the off-topic forum and I got the same error. Switched over to Edge and it worked fine. I honestly didn't see the reposts until now. Funny how I was giving you tidbits of advice as my own system was screwing up. Such is life.

EDIT: It happened again to me just now...got an http error 500 and my post was not shown to me, however when I used the back arrow, there my post was. Even though the forum is making it look like there was an error, it is still being posted. Is anyone else having this issue?
Last edited by JUBAT on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.