Need Help Finding Parts

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

sleepy
Aficionado
Aficionado

Need Help Finding Parts

Post by sleepy »

Looking for one way ratchet device. Just a little plastic hub with a protruding axle that will only turn one way. The cheaper the better! Thanks so much in advance!
Trying to turn the spinning in my brain into something useful before moving on to the next life.
ME
Addict
Addict

re: Need Help Finding Parts

Post by ME »

Perhaps not as cheap as you had in mind but a ratchet wrench might do the trick. Also made for handling some reasonable load.

At some other end of the spectrum: Take a bottlecap, drill a hole in the center for your axle and glue small rectangles of cardboard on its side so they stick out radially. Once dry apply some glue again and push them flush on the rim.
Pressing another piece of cardboard against this DIY-thingy should do the ratchet-trick.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tool ... 63015.html

Cost: $4.99 plus shipping and handling charge. Likely the shipping charge will exceed the item price.

Chances are, if you have a drill you could sink a 1/4" hole through the center of a 3/8" drive for a 1/4" axle. This would make a hole in the adjustment knob, but I do not think it would harm the tool for your needs.
Zhyyra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Zhyyra »

Don't know what size you have in mind sleepy. I'd use a cheap make of bicycle sprocket. If you need real small then what ME suggests could do the trick for you. I have a flat type ratchet wrench set that I bought for little cost a few years back and that would provide you with a number of small sizes. You could then turn down a hexagon and fix it to the wrench for an axle.
Zhyyra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Zhyyra »

Something like these are what I was referring to in the above post. Hopefully you can find a cheaper set though. Maybe second hand on ebay?

https://www.mscdirect.com/industrialtoo ... nches.html
Persevere to succeed.
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Ratchet wrench! why didn't I think of that, I own a set!

Here is a picture of one, they also have them in metric.

https://www.harborfreight.com/5-16-inch ... 97261.html
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

sleepy
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by sleepy »

Thanks so much for the help! I think either the ratchet wrench or the one-way bearings should do the trick. Bessler members to the rescue!
Trying to turn the spinning in my brain into something useful before moving on to the next life.