Energy Exchange

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

You're halfway there.
ME wrote:the yo-yo's Centre of Gravity is offset from the vertical
First, neglect losses and assume perfect bounce. In other words all the GPE lost on the way down is restored on the way back up.

Now let it go up at twice the offset, say.

There are only three possibilities.

It rises to the same height.

It doesn't reach the same height.

It rises above the starting point of the original yoyo.

If it rises above the starting point then we have gained energy. I'm sure you will agree with that statement.

So if you don't believe it has gained energy you must accept one of the other two outcomes.

You seem to be an intelligent chap, ME. I'm sure if you think about it long enough you will come to the right conclusion. :-)
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

re: Energy Exchange

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Grimmer,

Maybe ME can figure out the RPM of the YOYO, wouldn't that be helpful?

Sam
Grimer
Addict
Addict

Post by Grimer »

You don't need to know it as you will see from my thread on the Community Buzz Forum.
Georg Künstler
Devotee
Devotee

Re: re: Energy Exchange

Post by Georg Künstler »

Fletcher wrote: N.B. Bessler's wheels made a lot of noise from impacts which were apparently necessary (and wasteful) but I would not call them impact driven wheels. Clearly they don't work but with the addition of the Prime Mover perhaps they are an semi-efficient way to compliment the Prime Mover's excess torque generation ability.

These are my opinions.
Also my opinion, but what i want to add is that :

If you waste the energy on the prime mover on one side, it is possible that the prime mover can recover. So the cycle can start again.

Also if there is being talked about a prime mover it implies that there must be a second mover, who will take the wasted energy.

if the second mover is not fixed, the wasted energy can be transformed into torque.
Best regards

Georg