Darrell Vandusen should be:

You may select 1 option

View results

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Darrell Vandusen Poll

Post by ovyyus »

Should Darrell Vandusen (aka VANDUGEGS) - a yet to be convicted in a court of law suspected fraudster - be banned from the board?
Ed
Addict
Addict

re: Darrell Vandusen Poll

Post by Ed »

I didn't vote yet because I'm waiting for him to answer a question I posting in another thread, but my opinion is that anyone who actively leads on the group by claiming they have a working device should be banned eventually. I'm not talking about someone who gets excited and jumps the gun, even multiple times, but I think you can tell when someone is leading on the group for whatever reasons. To me one sign is when they say they have a working device and then pursue other lines of thought, or multiple ideas, etc.
epistemologicide
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by epistemologicide »

banned and sufficated in feces like back in pagan times.

and a warning to any other spys on this forum that just want to steal ideas and profit from them.

ill take you for a big ride, sure ill send you some money, and when you trun up to get it. there will be a nice surprise.
Vic Hays
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Vic Hays »

The warning on the board should be sufficient. It is really hard to judge motives. He may not be able to pay back what he used to develope the wheel. His motives may be ok and maybe not. It is up to persons doing business with him to ensure that they are protected.
Vic Hays

Ambassador MFG LLC
coylo

Post by coylo »

If he does get the boot, what's stopping him from registering again under a new name?.....and to keep on doing so.

I was just thinking after reading that Darrell claims that his wheel works (again), if Pete has met Darrell and been in the presence of the wheel, he could just tell us in his opinion whether it is the real deal or just a load of crap. That would help!
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: re: Darrell Vandusen Poll

Post by scott »

coylo wrote:If he does get the boot, what's stopping him from registering again under a new name?.....and to keep on doing so.

That is exactly why I have not taken this step up to now. I would much rather have Darrel keep his current account than start some sort of cat and mouse game with him. As Jonathan mentioned, it is already possible to completely ignore a user on the board (just click the frowny face).

But I see Bill has a point, too. I think the best long term solution is a bulletproof reputation system (like on ebay), but unfortunately AFAIK one hasn't been written yet for phpbb. I am actively working on this approach. I might even ultimately have to write it myself. But I think it is probably the best way to go in the long run.

Thoughts?

-Scott
rlortie
Addict
Addict

Post by rlortie »

Scott, I like the frown button approach, although I am not familiar with it.
If it will stop the E-mail letter notification that a certain person has posted but yet their posts are visible in the thread, I am all for it.

That way I do not have to open and log in and find that the post is of no value. I can always read it when I do log in if so desired. I always look for the name of the person who last posted on a thread. and how many posts have been made since last visit.

That brings up another issue, Every time I log in I check the "remember me" box but it does not work. I have to log on everytime I open bessler.com index [rlortie] (2)

Ralph lortie
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

I've not voted yet, but will in a moment. I did say that you could ignore him, but this didn't occur to me: if too many people click his ignore button, then it will be as if he were banned, and what would stop him then from abandoning that username for lack of attention and making a new one? It'd be the same cat and mouse game as an actual ban. So I propose that he be banned and the cat and mouse game be played until he is convincted for fraud (they don't have internet access in Canadian prison I assume?).
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
Clarkie
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Clarkie »

Yes I have met darrell but no I haven't seen his wheel, I've seen the same videos that others have seen and he told be it worked, I believed him.

I agreed to fund him for a few weeks for him to tidy up his wheel so it could be shown to prospective investors, I bought him a computer, printer/scanner, a digital camera and a combi television.

He then went off on one and completely re-built it but bigger then I had to buy him a shed to put it in.

But the revised wheel didn't work and he just wanted more money so he could continue screwing around with it to make it work.

I lost the plot with him when he tried to convince me the reason it didn't work was because it was summer and therefore it effected the wheel, he reckoned it needed to be freezing for it to work.

Darrell also gave up his job to work on the wheel so he became dependant on me.

Five months went by and all I was getting was him begging for money with a guarantee that the next payment would see it work.

He continually pestered me to get it patented at my cost, his only interest was making money from it.

As far as I know the wheel is still in Edmonton Alberta in my shed and he now lives in Smith Falls Ontario.

He still ae-mails me with sweeteners but I just ignore him.

I think the rest of the group should do the same, I don't see the point in banning him but I'm open to suggestions particularly medieval ones.

Pete.
Sevich

Post by Sevich »

Clarkie

reading your sad story, I find I have to take deep breaths.

You'll find people like this VANDUGEGS fella on the "Jerry Springer Show" all the time...........who knows, with all the lies, he might actually be a woman?

What's goin on Darrell ?
sleepy
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by sleepy »

I do not personally know this guy,nor have had any dealings with him.But I think there are 2 points to deal with.
1.If someone has a REAL WORKING WHEEL,they will not need anyone's help.In a very short time,the world will beat a path to your door.
2.We must all diligently keep our guard up against being suckered.It comes at us every day from many directions.Don't ever invest your money until you have seen the product for yourself in person.Don't let your own enthusiasm carry you away.

I feel bad for the folks who have lost money and time on any scam.I belong to your group,and I also learned my lesson the hard way some years ago.
Trying to turn the spinning in my brain into something useful before moving on to the next life.
Oxygon
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by Oxygon »

I cant believe all the crying...

... in this of all fields...

And what possible good could come from this...

persona's are a "dime a' dozen"...

We all should know that there a hucksters out there...

To take it so personal is ridiculous... imo...

it is a predictable element...
"A man with a new idea is a crank until he succeeds."~ M. Twain.
Joel Wright
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Joel Wright »

If Darrel aka who knows who,is left in at least we'll have some idea of possible scamming commited by him. Possible solution,post over his posts with ,Darrel shame on you give Pete his property back.
Work with gravity and gravity will work for you.There are more than two sides to a wheel.
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

I think the best long term solution is a bulletproof reputation system
What about something like this Scott?

http://www.easypooltutor.com/modules.ph ... ile=faq#36
racer270
Aficionado
Aficionado

Re: re: Darrell Vandusen Poll

Post by racer270 »

>Yes I have met darrell but no I haven't seen his wheel, he told be it worked, I believed him.

read

>I agreed to fund him for a few weeks for him to tidy up his wheel so it could be shown to prospective investors,

between

>I bought him a computer, printer/scanner, a digital camera and a combi television.

the

>He then went off on one and completely re-built it but bigger ,then I had to buy him a shed to put it in.

lines

>But the revised wheel didn't work and he just wanted more money .

MONEY!!!

>I lost the plot with him when he tried to convince me the reason it didn't work was because it was summer and therefore it effected the wheel, he reckoned it needed to be freezing for it to work.

HE HASENT

>Darrell also gave up his job to , so he became dependant on me.

YA DONT SAY.....

>Five months went by and all I was getting was him begging for money with a guarantee that the next payment would see it work.

YADAYADA,YA

>He continually pestered me to get it patented at my cost, his only interest was making money from it.

HE ASKED ME IF I COULD GIVE HIM A HUNDRED BUCKS, AND IF ENOUGH PEOPLE GAVE HIM A HUNDRED BUCKS.........

> I don't see the point in banning him.

IT'S TOO MUCH FUN TO KICK HIM ARROUND

> but I'm open to suggestions particularly medieval ones.

DRAW AND QUORTER?, OR TAR AND FETHER...?

darrell it just dont look good, eather put-up and show all and explain what happened...or just go away...
dont go away mad....just go away.......20 years of w-o-r-k.....my a$$

or in this case Pete's a$$.

if your not a conman then prove it...!