Ooh... I like the new discussion board

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Ooh... I like the new discussion board

Post by ovyyus »

Hi Scott,

Just thought I'd be the first to post a new subject :)

I do like this new forum. Great features, hope the animation loads OK - well done Scott!

Regards, ovyyus
Attachments
MT18 Animated
MT18 Animated
MT18.gif (97.76 KiB) Viewed 34895 times
chap
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by chap »

looks a lot like TechStuff's version! I bought spring steel to try it but haven't had time yet to do it. When I finally get out of school next spring I will keep this in mind.
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

Is Techstuff the only one to get a wheel like that to work? It seems like a saw it somewhere(from Bessler's time), I thought it had been tried (by him?) and didn't work. It obviously doesn't fit the descriptionsof Bessler's.
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

It's exciting to be here now... and I have questions

Post by Jonathan »

It's exciting to be here now that there is a newborn forum. I've been to forums before where they've been around for a while and it is overwhelming. Thousands of people, thousands of threads and posts. This new forum has simplicty and structure.
Is there going to be any posting at the old forum? Will there be a direct link here from the home site?
Disclaimer: I reserve the right not to know what I'm talking about and not to mention this possibility in my posts. This disclaimer also applies to sentences I claim are quotes from anybody, including me.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

'Techstuf', or more to the point 'Mitch Robinson', never got anything to work. Certainly he would have you believe otherwise. That fruitcake's been somewhat overbaked, IMO.
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

I've seen 'fruitcake' bouncing around this and the other forum. What does that mean?
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Ovyyus

Post by scott »

Hi Ovyyus, thanks a lot for posting the first topic! Plus, it's nice to see the file upload feature working already. What a great animation! One of the oldest tricks in the book...
Best,
Scott
scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Jonathan

Post by scott »

I have added links to here from the old board and disabled posting of new threads on the old board. Once I figure out how I'm going to archive the old board, I will link directly here from the main site...

A clean break and a blank slate!
Thanks for visiting BesslerWheel.com

"Liberty is the Mother, not the Daughter of Order."
- Pierre Proudhon, 1881

"To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
- Michel de Montaigne, 1559

"So easy it seemed, once found, which yet unfound most would have thought impossible!"
- John Milton, 1667
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

re: Ooh... I like the new discussion board

Post by ovyyus »

Hi Jonathan,

From the dictionary:

Fruitcake

1) n. A heavy spiced cake containing nuts and candied or dried fruits.
2) Slang. A crazy or an eccentric person: “a fruitcake under the delusion that he was Saint Nicholas” (John Strahinich).

Take your pick :)

Regards, ovyyus
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

Oh, I assumed it was an esoteric term, possibly related to an inside-joke, so I didn't even consult the dictionary.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

'esoteric term' - now that's funny :)
Jonathan
Addict
Addict

Post by Jonathan »

I don't get it? How is that funny? Maybe I should look 'esoteric' up, but then again, my connection has been failing, and I don't know how much time I have.

EDIT: I just did, I still don't get it, I though maybe there was some sort of pun, but I don't see one.
ovyyus
Addict
Addict

Post by ovyyus »

Hi Jonathan,

Perhaps you should look up "humour" - you'll need one dealing with fruitcakes (esoteric term) such as Mitch Robinson.

From the dictionary:

Humour

n.&v. Chiefly British

Oops, lets try that again :)...

Humor

n.

1) The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation.
2) That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
3) The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd.
4) One of the four fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, choler, and black bile, whose relative proportions were thought in ancient and medieval physiology to determine a person's disposition and general health.
5) Physiology.
a. A body fluid, such as blood, lymph, or bile.
b. Aqueous humor.
c. Vitreous humor.
6) A person's characteristic disposition or temperament: a boy of sullen humor.
7) An often temporary state of mind; a mood: I'm in no humor to argue.
8) a. A sudden, unanticipated whim.
b. Capricious or peculiar behavior.

Once again, take your pick - they all apply. LOL
Michael
Addict
Addict

Post by Michael »

Hi Jonathan,

: As in Nut/e/er than a fruitcake. You really didn't know that term? It's one of the oldest in modern day slang. How long have you been in that ivory tower? Do you need rescuing? - No seriously, ivory tower is also a slang...but it escapes me of its exact meaning.
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.
Michael
Addict
Addict

This board is Great...!

Post by Michael »

Seriously Scott. So cool to even see how many times a topic has been looked at. One thing, as for the garbage section your right it would be to time consuming. You could make it a rule though that if someone feels the need to flame-or potentially flame someone else, that they start a new topic thread. That way only the interested would look at it if they wanted, and it wouldn't interfere with the information in the original thread. Just an idea.

Mike
meChANical Man.
--------------------
"All things move according to the whims of the great magnet"; Hunter S. Thompson.