Bessler's Secret

a. the intentional perversion of truth; b. an act of deceiving or misrepresenting

Moderator: scott

WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

re: Bessler's Secret

Post by WaltzCee »

I love how you riddle and riddle and also riddle your posts with the smiley faces. If you
didn't mark what was cutesy I would have no idea. I think it's cute-see how you respond
and then you decide I know I'm above responding and then just delete the entire freaking
post that's so cutesy playing hide and seek.

You keep mentioning if your build works. Now I don't know if I have your permission to say
this or not so I'll just go ahead and say it: that's a huge if.

I'm also curious, your hind ass, is this the same idea you've been working on for the last
10-15 years? Also I'd like to say sine and tangent in unit circle and you know maybe a little
calculus and physics and you know Piggly Wiggly just so people know that I know what I'm
talkin about.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
JAL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JAL »

agor, this is it. I've tolerated garbage for over a decade. What people aren't showing is better. And I know why I'm not enjoying my build, just the games people play.
I am here as the humble servant to the people of this forum who are it's leaders. It's like serving a communist government. My head is a melon and I am ignorant. I've heard nothing but insults for a long time because as I told oyvvus, what will people talk about?? I will try to make this as simple as possible because it is wrong of me to ask anyone to consider math. I doubt anyone will. For me, this is revenge. Because if my build works then who will look the fool? The demanding people who did nothing or myself? It will need to be me.

a radian is the length of 1 degree.
If the radius is 0.5 meter then it's length is 0.0087 meter or 8.72 millimeter.
If the sine is 1.5 meter or 1500 millimeter then the hypotenuse is 1581.14 millimeter.
The angle between sine and cosine is 18.43 degrees.
18.43 x 8.72 = 160.83 millimeter.
71.57 degrees = 624.09 millimeter.
957.05 millimeter is less than the 1 meter the weight at bottom center is from the axle. It will retract 42.95 millimeter.
Will anyone go over the math and the configuration that it applies to? I doubt it. Yet is math and engineering things that can be discussed? It depends on the group. With this group I find it doubtful. The reason I have been constantly ridiculed. I mean hard work isn't what it's supposed to take to realize something. Oyvvus was being honest when he said that this forum is only about considering hypothetical ideas. I couldn't see myself doing something for 10 years or more and still being in the same place I was when I started. And with my build I laid out my parts and measured a retraction of about 8 inches. Even a 6 inch retraction might work. And if the radius of the grindstone is increased, the amount of retraction will increase.
I'll leave you guys alone now :)
Attachments
Side View.jpg
front view.jpg
JAL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JAL »

If the diameter of the wheel is increased to 1250 millimeter the retraction will increase. Then the angle of the hypoteneuse of 1250 millimeter with a cosine of 500 millimeter will be closer to a right or 90° angle.
It is a lot of work and more IMHO than one person should do. If how gravity causes acceleration is understood then that could be calculated as well. It is a % of net force x 9.8 m/s x the position where net force is being realized. Have fun 🤣
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

I've tolerated garbage for over a decade.
As I already said many of your respawns ago: the garbage is not what you build, the garbage is your tendency to insult and harass people yourself.
That's why you get pushed out this and other forums each and every time. That's why people react to you the way they do.
There are zero reasons to victimize yourself, when you are the one that sparks the fire.

Anyway, despite all that, I wish you good luck with this build.
Let's hope to see some test runs.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
silent
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by silent »

Last edited by silent on Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ME
Addict
Addict

Post by ME »

Lemmie try.
a radian is the length of 1 degree.
If the radius is 0.5 meter then it's length is 0.0087 meter or 8.72 millimeter.
If the sine is 1.5 meter or 1500 millimeter then the hypotenuse is 1581.14 millimeter.
The angle between sine and cosine is 18.43 degrees.
18.43 x 8.72 = 160.83 millimeter.
71.57 degrees = 624.09 millimeter.
957.05 millimeter is less than the 1 meter the weight at bottom center is from the axle. It will retract 42.95 millimeter.
Will anyone go over the math and the configuration that it applies to? I
Euhh? I really need to rephrase things as I think you intend things here.
The sine gives a ratio. There's no angle between sine and cosine, it just gives another ratio. I'll try to project it onto a right-sided triangle.

Rephrase attempt:
An angle of 1° is (pi/180) radian.
At a radius of 0.5 meter this 1° angle spans an arclength of 0.5·(pi/180) ≈ 8.73 mm
(so far so good)

"If the sine is 1.5 meter or 1500 millimeter then the hypotenuse is 1581.14 millimeter. "
I have no idea what you mean, but let me try.
Pythagoras tells me that the cosine² should be equal to1581.14²-1500²
Or this cosine-part should be close to 500 mm.
When you talk about a "sine"-part, then the tangent of the indicated angle should be the ratio sine/cosine = 1500/500 = 3. The angle, in degrees, will be 71.565°.
The other angle is 18.435°

Now, or actual we should have had it earlier, we need a drawing to understand what you are trying here.
The curved arc-length of 0.5∠1° gets projected onto another angle.

Let's add the units, and write it all out.

18.43° x 8.72 mm = 160.83 °mm (degrees millimeter)
71.57° x 8.72 mm = 624.09 °mm. (Filled in the assumed math)

This doesn't make any sense, and we definitely need it in relation to a picture!!
silent wrote:I don't understand the math at all
You're not alone.
Marchello E.
-- May the force lift you up. In case it doesn't, try something else.---
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

I recommend we used the drawing supplied.

We can see the 0.5 and 1.0 metre grindstones.

At this point we are looking at the math and build.

There is no need to tie that back to Bessler's Wheel.

You can see were JAL would like use to see the right angle.

My best guess is a weight swings on the right-hand-side of the 0.5 m disc.

Then it gets captured by the 1 m disc.

These two are geared in some ratio.

So the captured mass is lifted without swinging.

This principle requires a swinging mass to weight more than a none swinging mass.

This mean it is not swinging as it is lifted.
Last edited by agor95 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
agor95
Addict
Addict

Re: re: Bessler's Secret

Post by agor95 »

WaltzCee wrote:I love how you riddle and riddle and also riddle your posts with the smiley faces.
Are you OK?

Can you update you profile?

The smiley face signature is a little inappropriate.

You can't be a student now from 2007.

Should you have got way from your parole officer by now.

P.S. Stay cool and let it go.

All the best
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
JAL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JAL »

silent wrote:Whatever the heck this is, I'm interested in it. I don't understand the math at all so if there is a definition of mathmatically dumb, count me in! I've also been greeted with communism by certain members who didn't take kindly to my free flowing of thoughts.

Whatever you're doing JAL, I'm with you whether it works or not. I think your idea and the build are both great! Your previous diagram reminds me of the barycenter principle I've talked about before that resembles the orbits of planets of varying masses.

silent

Since I'll be taking it easy the next couple of weeks, I could probably make a spreadsheet for this. Then all you would need to do is to put some numbers in it.
I use LibreOffice but it saves in a standard format. What I'm starting to wonder is when Bessler said something barely fit inside his wheel. It would be interesting to see different diameter grindstones and different length radius/ diameter of the wheel to see how retraction/net overbalance changes.
This is where things get kind of educational. I mean if no one can find where this cannot work then people might put up less resistance. With the math I posted, I went through it once quickly. Since a 72 degree arc segment was used for retraction I was expecting the overbalance to be more. This is where a spreadsheet would make things easier.
How I knew ME knows math is he posted an excellent example in tech support. He can do those better than I can but I am not sure if he cares to be involved with this.
I think it makes it easier on everyone when information is shared. Kind of like my having access to a computer that I can work with SketchUp on.
Attachments
spreadsheetexample.jpg
net_torque_1_.jpg
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Are you OK?
Shucks, I sure do appreciate the concern.
Can you update you profile?
No, but I sure wish I could.
The smiley face signature is a little inappropriate.
( ︶︿︶)_╭∩╮
You can't be a student now from 2007.
I’m working on my 3rd doctorate.
Should you have got way from your parole officer by now.
She’s too good looking.
P.S. Stay cool and let it go.
The cold never bothered me any way.

All the best
You sarcastic bastard. :)
I noticed you noticed I've been around for more than 2 years.
Good job at double checking your arithmetic.
You get a gold star!
✫
Last edited by WaltzCee on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Walter Clarkson
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

agor95 wrote:I recommend we used the drawing supplied.

We can see the 0.5 and 1.0 metre grindstones.

At this point we are looking at the math and build.

There is no need to tie that back to Bessler's Wheel.

You can see were JAL would like use to see the right angle.

My best guess is a weight swings on the right-hand-side of the 0.5 m disc.

Then it gets captured by the 1 m disc.

These two are geared in some ratio.

So the captured mass is lifted without swinging.

This principle requires a swinging mass to weight more than a none swinging mass.

This mean it is not swinging as it is lifted.
Why should we use your best guess when Messiah is with us and can
explain the way herself? JAL = James Alan Lingaurd, the Englishman born in Norway.

Math's so easy.
jowl
Walter Clarkson
JAL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JAL »

Walt, your animosity might help to explain why I always got banned. Math isn't easy. Like you said, I've been working on this for 10 to 15 years. And yet math is easy because it took so many years.
JAL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JAL »

WaltzCee wrote:I love how you riddle and riddle and also riddle your posts with the smiley faces. If you
didn't mark what was cutesy I would have no idea. I think it's cute-see how you respond
and then you decide I know I'm above responding and then just delete the entire freaking
post that's so cutesy playing hide and seek.

You keep mentioning if your build works. Now I don't know if I have your permission to say
this or not so I'll just go ahead and say it: that's a huge if.

I'm also curious, your hind ass, is this the same idea you've been working on for the last
10-15 years? Also I'd like to say sine and tangent in unit circle and you know maybe a little
calculus and physics and you know Piggly Wiggly just so people know that I know what I'm
talkin about.
10 to 15 years. Banned because IMO math was a joke just like Bessler was successful. With my build, it needs to be nice because first impressions are everything. After that then it would be more about what people do with one. Think trebuchet and pumpkin chucking here. Or would they use them to generate electricity and power water pumps in poorer areas of the globe? That's not for me to decide.
If Bessler's wheel is right, it would benefit both humanitarism and teaching kids basic science. Think Newton's laws of motion and conservation of momentum. At the same time it would help Bessler's legacy.

edited to add: one reason for the math is to change "if" to when.
JAL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JAL »

Walt, Piggly Wiggly is a retail chain that went out of business.
What seems to be a problem is considering math specific to engineering.
I also happen to like physics. It might seem strange but conservation of momentum also applies to planets. That influences how energy is conserved. I doubt people in here find astrophysics very interesting. I do. Is that a problem?
@all, this (perpetual motion) is a branch of my interests. 🌿😀
And Walt, that was to make you feel better. IMHO there is some strange shat happening in our atmosphere. I happen to like our planet.
Just having some fun.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

JAL wrote:Walt, your animosity might help to explain why I always got banned. Math isn't easy. Like you said, I've been working on this for 10 to 15 years. And yet math is easy because it took so many years.
10 to 15 years. Banned because IMO math was a joke just like Bessler was successful.
https://www-psychologytoday-com.cdn.amp ... ccountable
But, being accountable is difficult for a fragile self-esteem. For the narcissist, who has not developed a solid sense of self, and is emotionally stuck at a six-year old level, confrontation does not work well. In fact, when confronted, it is typical to see a six-year old temper tantrum that we call narcissistic rage.

Narcissists are not in touch with their own feelings. They project those feelings on to others and are not capable of empathy. They cannot put themselves into your shoes and feel or understand how something might affect you. They can only see how it affects them. They are hypersensitive to criticism and judgment, but constantly criticize and judge others. This is their way to make themselves feel bigger and better. Jealousy is common but they project it to say others are jealous of them. It makes your head spin. For those raised by narcissistic parents, it is truly crazy making.
Now I get it it's my fault or the math is a joke ergo Bessler was successful.

IMHO there are some strange s*** happening in Kentucky.
Last edited by WaltzCee on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walter Clarkson