WM2D

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Nenamas
Dabbler
Dabbler

WM2D

Post by Nenamas »

I have been looking for a link on the site to get the WM2D program. Can anyone post the link please. I havent been able to find one so far I did find some other programs but this one seems to be the one alot of people are using so I would like to try it myself.
Ed
Addict
Addict

re: WM2D

Post by Ed »

Here is a thread that came up in a search of wm2d in this forum.

http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/viewt ... light=wm2d
Nenamas
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Nenamas »

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a little bit of information about the demo. I was wondering if while you are using the demo if a screen will popup asking you if you want to buy the full program or if over x amount of time one will come up asking if you want to buy the full program. Or does the demo not even offer to let you buy the program or do something like a screen pops up and tells you the website to goto if you want to buy the full program. I haven't downloaded the program yet but I want to make sure that its not an easy thing to buy by like clicking one or 2 buttons because other people do use this computer at my house and they might not read everything that pops up and sometimes I don't if I have had alot of other things pop up during the day. Just want to be safe and make sure I get all the information about it before I do the download.
Just a few ideas...

Thanks.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

Nenamas,

The demo has a Licensing window (under the Help button) where you must enter a valid serial number to change the demo into a fully functioning program. After downloading you will get a follow-up email from a MSC.Software Sales and Marketing representative. To buy the program you would need to contact that sales person. The price is quite high. The demo will never ask you to buy the program and doesn't have a time limit. It won't save or load the models you make unless you enter a valid serial number.

Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

...but you can open a saved VB program and run it to automatically create and run your simulation. :-)
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Re: re: WM2D

Post by jim_mich »

ssmith wrote:...but you can open a saved VB program and run it to automatically create and run your simulation. :-)
I've never done that. I need to take time to learn how!

Nenamas
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Nenamas »

Thanks that helps alot I will download it when I get up tomorow I gess. I cant wait to test out my ideas.

One is realy good I belive and it follows alot of the stuff about besslers wheel
Just a few ideas...

Thanks.
Ed
Addict
Addict

Post by Ed »

I've never done that. I need to take time to learn how!
I'm getting close to releasing my scissors creation wizard for WM2D (it's hard to program after getting home from work programming :) and you can take a look at that. You shouldn't have any trouble since you've written VB programs before.

It sure beats tweaking things by hand when you can just change a few variables and it re-generates the sim from code.

-Ed
ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Well, I did order the WM2D Demo on CD, but from what I've read above, it looks like I wasted my time. What good is the Demo if one cannot save and later reload various assemblies that one is working on? I read mention above of a "VB program"...it this some sort of workaround for the problem with the Demo?

I had a really bad prior experience with the freeCAD program. It was billed as ideal for the beginner (that's me) and an excellent gateway to more complex CAD programs. I read all of its embedded tutorials and poked around with it for about two weeks. I managed to make a one or two crude blocks but could not position them or animate them. It was very frustrating and I was hoping that the WM2D program might be different. I treat such programs like video games...if I my initial impression of them is one of excessive frustration, then I want to toss them in the nearest circular file.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

There are a couple of threads on this board called Sim Tutorial 101 for beginners or something. Take a look around. Use the search facility keyword to find the threads quickly. This will ease your potential frustration levels considerably & get you into the the thick of wheel design quickly.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

freeCAD is horrible to learn. I tried but never could learn to use it.

WM2D if VERY EASY to use!! It's so easy that sometimes I've had models running in less than ten minutes. Sometimes I've made a whole model without ever entering any dimensions, just mouse click and drag.

ken_behrendt
Addict
Addict

Post by ken_behrendt »

Wow...jim_mich, it sounds like WM2D is just what I have been looking for. Thanks for calming my fears about it...now I will look forward to the CD when it arrives.

Just as a matter of idle curiosity...exactly how much does the complete program cost? I saw some CAD programs out there with price tags close to $1000 which is currently out of my financial league.

ken
On 7/6/06, I found, in any overbalanced gravity wheel with rotation rate, ω, axle to CG distance d, and CG dip angle φ, the average vertical velocity of its drive weights is downward and given by:

Vaver = -2(√2)πdωcosφ
Nenamas
Dabbler
Dabbler

Post by Nenamas »

Anyone here that uses WM2D that has AIM would you please PM me I need some help using the program.
Just a few ideas...

Thanks.
Magnum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Magnum »

Can anyone tell be how to setup a gear system to run 2:1. The larger wheel set at 1 and a smaller wheel set at twice the speed.

Ken T.
jim_mich
Addict
Addict

Post by jim_mich »

It's very easy to make gears. Make two circles, one twice as large as the other. Round pin them so they will rotate. Click the gear tool. Click one circle then the other and you have a gear system with the geraing ratio defaulting to the sizes of the circles, justy as if the two circles were gears. The circles edges don't need to touch but it will look more realistic if they do. If you want a different ratio you can make changes using the properties window.

You can also make internal toothed gears, but they must have different center locations.