Zeroing in on Bessler's wheel

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Re: Zeroing in on Bessler's wheel

Post by Fletcher »

Keep up the good fight Sam .. bank it as a near miss ..
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

We are all wrong up to this point with explored attempts , the big issue is B is not here to tell you and I : "you had something right in this or that way" "if only you changed this or that".
Its all relative.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Right,
Maybe it will lead to some thing else. And, and, a little 'direction' from Bessler would be a big help--Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Changes,
I'll replace the green rod with a pendulum, maybe that will work--------------Sam

ETA Whenever I post a reply I get a blank page,
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Sam Peppiatt wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:27 pm ETA Whenever I post a reply I get a blank page,
I think we are all getting 'The White Screen of Death' when creating a post, but not when editing.

Thermodynamics all things move towards greater entropy; even this site.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

Yep that's precisely what is happening. Editing a post doesn't create the error, but the initial post gives a white screen. In my case, I get a bad request error 500.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Pendulums,
As usual, I accidently found a way to reset them. I realized that the lever I had intended to slide weights side to side,(on the green rod), could be used instead, for resetting a pendulum, with a 2 to 1 up ratio for fast motion, at the 12:00 position--------------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Resetting the pendulums,
The key to it is; the lever has to be translating, not rotating with the wheel. Which makes a lot of sense because, the pendulum is translating, so anything connected to it has to do the same. The lever rotates a larger gear. This gear mates with a small gear fitted to the pivot point of the pendulum. At a 2 to one up ratio. The long lever hangs down and catches a pin on the center sprocket that is also translating / not rotating.

When this lever engages the pin, as the wheel is turning, it resets the pendulum which drives the wheel. Until 6:00; where the clutch instantly disengages it, it goes back to being balanced and, returns back to the top of the wheel to be reset again and again-----------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Update,
The ring & rollers can go away, Reff. jb's image page 115. The wheel will spin on a fixed shaft; fixed to the frame, with the center sprocket attached to the end of it,(stationary). As the wheel rotates, the chain wraps around it. If the wheel turns CW, the two outer sprockets turn CCW, keeping them translating. A plate is fastened to each sprocket to hold the gear and lever for resetting the pendulums.

The green rods revert to pendulums. The top one should flip up and out; starting at about 11:00, then locking to the wheel at about 1:00 on a radius, (for CW rotation), which will require about 60 degrees. At 6:00, the pendulum, (it will be straight down), releases and returns to the top of the wheel / balanced and translating. Then the cycle repeats. For it to work, the Pend. going down has to have enough torque to reset the one coming up----Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Another update,
I had to machine a new spindle to lock the center sprockets to the frame. Beesler would have used the Ring & Rollers to hold the sprocket stationary, (in order to get translating motion), unless you know another way that he could have done it.
I think every one is scared to death of translating motion, however it's the only way I know of, to reset the pendulums and, they are the only way to lift the weights back up to the top of the wheel.

But then again, unless you know another way to do it----------------Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Finished,
One mechanism for resetting a pendulum. So far so good. It rotates the pend. about 150 degrees, as the wheel turns about 70 degrees, at the top of the wheel. It takes 1/2 pound to flip it up. It weighs 4oz.

Going down, it should have about 2 pounds. Hopefully that will be enough to keep it going----Sam
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Happy Saint Patrick's day!!
One flipper Assy., flipping smoothly. Who ever would have thought it possible! It really comes up fast; some times too fast. It can flip clear over top dead center. I will block the teeth of the big gear, to prevent it from happening, so it can't flip over.

I've had it for today, I'll work on the other one tomorrow-----------------Sam

ETA I can't believe it, all of you geeks, and no one can fix this computer!
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Test Reply,
Got both Assys. on. Not running, but not a dead duck either. Now; just have to improve on it-----Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Test. It worked! How nice.
The wheel is a cross between MT-13 and MT-123. MT-13 shows the pendulums coming up / translating on the up side, flip up, then lock to the wheel, rotating going down. The big pend. in the center suggests that this element,(sprocket), should be stationary.

MT-123 shows, sort of, how to reset the pendulums. The pend. "A" has a gear "B". Below that is another gear "C", twice as big as "B". A long lever attached to "C" hangs way down to catch a pin on the center sprocket to flip the pendulum up. looks like I can make this lever longer, maybe that will help---Sam

I should add, the gear "C" and, it's lever, has to translate along with the pendulum.
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Update,
I made the lever longer. I doubled it from 7 inches to 14 inches, which made a big difference. Looks like I can extend it another 5 inches, for a total of 19 inches. With the longer lever it is smoother and close to going over, resetting.

A good thing about the concept is; it only involves one weight, not two. One weight drives the wheel and does the lifting / resetting---------------Sam

ETA It's improving and, should lead to a runner.
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:17 am, edited 4 times in total.