Gravity Wheel out of 1852 published in the British Magazine named Gentleman’s Magazine

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

neuberlintourist1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Gravity Wheel out of 1852 published in the British Magazine named Gentleman’s Magazine

Post by neuberlintourist1 »

Here’s a picture of the 1852 published in the Magazine Gentleman’s Magazine of a Self moving Wheel:
What are your thoughts about this?
Greetings 🖖
Attachments
1852 Gentleman’s Magazine
1852 Gentleman’s Magazine
neuberlintourist1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Gravity Wheel out of 1852 published in the British Magazine named Gentleman’s Magazine

I found another picture:
It has been published somewhere around 1851 or 1852 in the gentleman’s magazine at around page 652 or something like that:
Attachments
8AE03BE3-AB15-42E0-B69B-7CA017E507C0.jpeg
Last edited by neuberlintourist1 on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neuberlintourist1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Gravity Wheel out of 1852 published in the British Magazine named Gentleman’s Magazine

It was published October 1751:
Attachments
211F56AD-B225-41DA-8A7E-0FB1825DD9AC.jpeg
910D4FB5-2618-4046-A58D-F01D1797B9B2.jpeg
5ECFD535-B60D-43BC-A9D1-188D50835FB4.jpeg
9F41C00E-09EE-45EE-BC87-EFC34283DC68.jpeg
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

Well neuberlintourist1
What are your thoughts about this?
When you look at this device you need to ask yourself the question.

How am I going to prove this works?

You will need to learn skills you may not currently have like: maths, presentation/simulation and building skills.

P.S. So you will need to set yourself some targets for only doing do you gain knowledge.
[MP] Mobiles that perpetuate - external energy allowed
Georg Künstler
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Georg Künstler »

Hi neuberlintourist1,
neuberlintourist1 wrote:What are your thoughts about this?
such a type of a gravity wheel will never work.
The action/reaction is always on the same side of the wheel.
There is no delta energy transport from the left side to the right side.
A trap where the most of the develeopers will fall in.
The eyes are deceived at the sight of the picture.
The construction is complicated and not expedient.

But if you think it is worth to build it, feel free, I for myself will not invest any money in the construction.
Best regards

Georg
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

plain Draught of a ſelf-moºf *#. tho' mot #4. ; #. º § ſcription of it; Parts, and Manner of O: pºrating; ſubmitted to the Inſpºtion and Arºuſement ºf the Cºriouſ. By A. B. Geºf. [See the PLATE.J. Direáion; to rake a ſºft-morizg Włº!. E.T there be a well-turned board, of at leaſt two feet diameter. At Fig. 1. fix pins for the chequers to turn upon. - At Fig. 2. let in braſs grooves into the board for the receiving of rollers,which Inuſt be faſtened : the bottom points of the ſmall chequers. At Fig. 3x place pullies. At the points of the ſmall chequers ſiſ- ten chains that paſs round the pullies, and are made faſt to both points of the next large chequer; the chains muſt be all of an equal length. Make very ſubſtantial braſs chequers, h good joints to play free without Good Heathens — Self-moving Machine deſcribed. circumference of the wheel will admit, and fix weights at the points of the ſaid chequers. Remarks upon the Minner of operating. Qbſerve, that one pound, placed at the zenith of the large chequer, is correct- ly equal to two pounds placed at the nadir of the ſmall chequer; and that this pow- er (if occaſion be) may eaſily be either increaſed or diminiſhed at pleaſure, by ; faſtening the chains farther off or higher, to the weights: therefore it is {elf evident, that the weights above the horizon cannot want # power for B the drawing in of all the weights below it ; : more eſpecially, thoſe particular weights that arrive i. to the mounting ſide of the wheel, as is ſhewn hereafter And this is done by reaſon of the chains being all in a diagonal poſi- tion, therefore the weights below the horizon cannot be otherwiſe drawn in by ſuch ſlant lines, than into a gradual, regular, elliptical form, as they appear in the Plate. But to prevent the ſaid weights from being either too much or too-little drawn in, this diagonal poſi- tion of the chains may, by means of the D Pullies, he made to flant more or leſs, ſo as to anſwer to the right cliptical form of drawing in the weights as ſhall be re- quiſite; and thus, by this cliptical form of the weights, the power of gravity muſt needs give the wheel ſome coaſt. fiderable ſhare of movement, ſo as to Eğauſe the weight B, &c. &c. to deſcend below the horizon, where they will run out to the ſame length, as you ſee the weight A does; to the very great and con- ſtºut ſupply of power to the deſcending de of the wheel. . As to the nounting ſide of the wheel, by the manner of chaining the che. quers to each other, they become partly as it were all of one piece, ſo that the weights above the horizon can no way preſs down their chequers, without communicating thcir drawing-in power to, and being always felt, in a certain meature, by every weight of the wheel, in the elliptical manner above inention- cd, with reſpect to the diagonal poſition of the chains. Morcover, whatever hum- ber of weights ſhall deſcend below the horizon on the one hand, the , like number of weights muſt aſcend above it on the other, where they, in conjunc- tion, will preſs down their chequerr with ample force, for the gradual draw- ing-in of thoſe extended weights whica are their next followers, reducing them into the ſame leſs extended form, as with Mechanic Powers — Aftronomical Problem ſºlved. were carried above the horizon. After the ſame gradual manner, by the power of the weights above, will all the ex- tended weights be thus gradually redu- ced, drawn in, and carried round, when, A at the ſame time, the elliptical form of the wheel, by the conſtant ſupply of weights running out at the deſcending ſide, will at all times be kept up, iike as at the firſt ſetting off of the wheel, for the continuance of the movement. By all which it appears, that there are two different and diſtinct acting powers in this wheel, both which, by the free- neſs of the joints and other parts, in a workman-like manner, cannot but act with that puiſiance, as to leave no room-- to reflect upon frićtion in any reſpect whatever. : Therefore if, upon due inſpection, no C objection ſhall appear againſt either of the ſaid powers, is not here a diſ-, covery of a new power in a ſhort, eaſy, obvious, manner, capable of any im- provement in proportion to the ſize of $ wheel, ſo as to be applicable to ten thou- ſand different uſes, both great and ſmall? Suppoſe we compare this wheel with the Marquis of Worceſter's great wheel, (See Vol. XVIII p. 9,61, Io;) ſome time ince ſhewn in the lower of London, there will appear the following moſt ma- terial dimerences : His wheel was con- trived with looſe, running weights, forty in number, of fifty pounds each; tance from the center as the weights at the deſcending ſide, upon which ac- count, no ſuch contrivance can poſ- fibly ever anſwer the deſign to keep mo- Ying, as is eaſily demonſtrable; whereas in this wheel, the weights at the nadir will at all times be conſiderably nigher the center than the weights of the de- icending ſide, the conſequence of which wants no explaining. And ſhould one of theſe wheels be made up for any large uſe, and, by miſtakes in the workman, it be ſo made, as not to anſwer fully to the purpoſe, as mentioned ab the ſame would be of cxceeding great ſervice, by being applied to co-operate with the powers of a fire engine, for the raiſing of double the quantity of wa- ter they now raiſe, which is the ſame thing as the ſaving of half the quantity of coals that are now conſumed. *...". As a conſiderable wager is depending whether a modeſ, upon thºſe principles, can be made to operate, any artiff, who imagines that be can make ſuch a one, at a moderate price, may ſend his terms in writing to E. Cave at St John'sGate. (Gent. Mag. October 1751)
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id= ... 1&size=125
Last edited by johannesbender on Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its all relative.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

I see the plain text i copied from the site was terrible , i suggest reading the pages directly from the link i have given , or if you want you may find other scan sources , here is the archive : https://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/w ... gentlemans.

the author is basically saying that at A indicated on the image he/she provided, is where the weight shift out to the side , because A is no longer being opposed by the force of B through the connection of the rope .

it is essentially a scissor but there aren't 2 weights directly connected to either opposed sides of the scissor ,when it is in the vertical the weights of connected mechanisms apply force to each other and expand and contract natural due to the mechanical advantage/law of levers , but when in the horizontal orientation slightly facing at a downward angle/slope , that A is not being opposed by a force from B through the connection anymore and therefore A moves outwards ..

eg: W1 and W2 moves outwards away from center in the vertical below, and inwards on the top , but supposedly W1 and W2 moves outwards on the right side of the wheel below the horizontal line , because its sloped/angled downwards and W2 cannot oppose W1 .
gm1.png
versus the normal situation where people connect the weights at both ends :
W1 apposes W2 directly and vice versa.
gm2.png
the author admits it is not PM but talks about this feature of connectedness , which produces this motion along the horizontal ,and as a result a certain amount of torque for a period of time .
Last edited by johannesbender on Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Its all relative.
Fletcher
Addict
Addict

Post by Fletcher »

Well done jb .. what text capture and converter program do you use ? Would come in handy for the German and Latin of JC's DT.

Anyways .. I took your capture and tidied it up a bit in MS Word, screenshot below.

ETA : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8738&p=183512#p183512
Attachments
1751designGentsMagazine-4.gif<br /><br />Description of how it supposedly will work &amp; the wager offered for someone to build it.
1751designGentsMagazine-4.gif

Description of how it supposedly will work & the wager offered for someone to build it.
Last edited by Fletcher on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

Thank you Fletcher for the effort , i actually just clicked the website's button labeled "text only" and copied it over , i do see that there are better scanned quality though with yellowish color that reads much clearer from different source than the direct link i gave but i cant find a source yet with a proper scan of the image presented.

I also noted i accidently flipped my drawing above in the horizontal ...

its actually a one directional , "ganged" type design.
Its all relative.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

johannesbender,

An earlier version of this wheel, published 1749 has the chains or ropes hooked quite differently. I think the later version, (1751), could be wrong. See a little history I didn't know about, Fletcher post, page 3.
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

In the test supplied there was a reference to another wheel.

https://perpetualmotion21.blogspot.com/ ... wheel.html

The notion that a corkscrew like path from the top could be used to move the ball from the inner position at the front of the wheel. As the wheel rotates the ball travels to the back of the wheel and in effect spirals out.

On the lower section ball spirals back from the outer position to the inner.

These two corkscrew paths do not need to be identical.
That will help prevent symmetry balancing the wheel out.
Last edited by agor95 on Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

for more reference ,on the Marquis of Worcester , who imo seem to have been more known for his use with steam powered inventions: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/51903/5 ... htm#Page_i
Last edited by johannesbender on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its all relative.
agor95
Addict
Addict

Post by agor95 »

I see what you mean 'water-commanding engine' appears to be an atmospheric engine.

That being steam is injected into a container and condensed.
That creates low pressure that is used too suck up, in this case, water.

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Popular_ ... m-Engine_I
neuberlintourist1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Im still waiting for the day, that i see another gravity wheel design from around that time, bessler died, so far this one seems to be the closest one to besslers death, published by royal society, which we know had members back when bessler was still alive who saw his wheels in motion first hand, and they were trying more than once to get the secret of motion out of bessler and came closly to bessler making a deal to observe the internal of his working wheels, maybe his brother took the info after besslers death to the royal society? i guess well never know for sure,,