If you're failing at PM, we're in good company

A Bessler, gravity, free-energy free-for-all. Registered users can upload files, conduct polls, and more...

Moderator: scott

Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Re: If you're failing at PM, we're in good company

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

JUBAT,
No, no runner. So nice of you to remind me of that.

To jb, and others; the Ring & Rollers should be considered a prime mover, (which I believe they are), if so, they will have eliminated the impassableness, that has plagued any hope of a gravity wheel for century's. That's what I am claiming.

To say it with different words, now it will be possible, to design and build a successful wheel, once the weights can be lifted back up. And JUBAT is right; it doesn't mean spit, unless it leads to runner---------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UbWe
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by UbWe »

Sam Peppiatt wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:50 pm JUBAT,

To jb, and others; the Ring & Rollers should be considered a prime mover, (which I believe they are), if so, they will have eliminated the impassableness, that has plagued any hope of a gravity wheel for century's. That's what I am claiming.

To say it with different words, now it will be possible, to design and build a successful wheel, once the weights can be lifted back up. And JUBAT is right; it doesn't mean spit, unless it leads to runner---------Sam
I gave him a bone to chew on, the best that I can do.
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

It's just human behaviour Sam. I'm not speaking for myself because I enjoy reading about the non-runners - primarily for the sake of seeing build techniques. The rest is just seeing other's talents.

But if the wheel doesn't run, the vast majority aren't interested. In fact they will resort to the perpetual motion is impossible routine.

Even though I'm convinced I won't see a runner in my lifetime, I still say Sam - if you figured out how to get the weights to reset, then why doesn't it run? Was the idea faulty to begin with or is it a partial reset?
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

eccentrically1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:46 pm Once someone builds a working gravity wheel, then we'll figure out how it fits into current understanding. Until then, it fits as a violation of current understanding; meaning it can't be done.
I think we've always known earth was doomed ever since we first tried to design a gravity wheel.
How do you think the definition changed? Because of windmills or waterwheels? I don't think people were that naive.
If the universe is not eternal/perpetual how could a PMM be contained in it?

Words change meaning over time. PM is no exception. Also, this has been discussed before.
........................¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the future is here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Advocate of God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth and redeemer of my soul.
Walter Clarkson
© 2023 Walter W. Clarkson, LLC
All rights reserved. Do not even quote me w/o my expressed written consent.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

JUBAT,
You ask a very good question. It hasn't been that easy to figure out, even with the advent of a prime mover, to do the lifting. The next problem was; how to shift the weights that drive the wheel? I tried all kinds of stupid things. It took me 5 months to find a good way to do it, which I believe is a toggle link, (for a whole bunch of reasons).

However, the toggle I had would only move the weights one inch. So the problem became, what to do in order to move the weights farther. It took me another 3 months to find a way to do that. That's what I'm working on now. Also, making it out of Iron isn't so easy either.

Will it lead to a runner? I still don't know---------------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

Having a humble attitude helps Sam. I'm a failure at the wheel too.

You said you were able to move the weights an inch and then later, farther.

Since I have no idea how your wheel is constructed, is it possible to have a whole buncha weights moving 1 inch? It adds up.

Just thoughts.
johannesbender
Addict
Addict

Post by johannesbender »

Not entirely correct , if there is a device that demonstrates this... , it does not matter if its a mechanism on a desk or a wheel or whatever , if a "device" shows that a weight can be lifted back up to its original height or higher under its own energy , without additional external energy , measured from its starting height down vertical and back up vertical , in the face of losses , that is to say *GPE UP is greater than or equal than GPE DOWN,GPE up>= GPE down , then it already is a "device" of importance , it does not need to be a wheel .

*GPE is Gravitational Potential Energy , M*G*H , mass * gravity * height .
You can look up how to calculate GPE , you would calculate the total GPE down -every piece of mass that goes down and how far they go down (starting height and ending height), then calculate the total GPE up -every piece of mass that moves up and how far they move up , then if the GPE up >= GPE down .....

BTW , this is why most of us dont really build every idea we have , you dont need to build a full on wheel to know.

https://www.savemyexams.com/gcse/physic ... al-energy/

Code: Select all

void main()
{
	while(Lawbreaker()==false)
	{
		Retry();
		Sleep(1);
	}
}

void Retry()
{
	//think
	//design
	//test
}

bool LawBreaker()
{
    if (UpGPE >= DownGPE)
    {
        return true;
    }
    return false;
}
Last edited by johannesbender on Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Its all relative.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

JUBAT,
You're getting ahead of me. The new toggle is under construction, so hasn't been tried yet. More weights moving an inch might help but probably not much.

They really need to move farther, to increase the difference between the up side and down side. The new toggle will move the weights six inches. Hopefully that will help. Then I will go to the next problem---------------Sam

Perhaps I should add, the toggle link hooks to the axle of the roller(s). As the roller shifts around inside of the rings it moves the link. Then the link moves the weights in and out.
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Oh hi jb,
It's very kind of you to suggest that. Of coarse I think the same thing. All I can tell you is it / they,(Ring & Rollers) do work. That is to say, they do the work of lifting the drivers. The shifting of the rollers around inside of the rings, do the work required to produce a runner. It's deceptive! I admit it's not quite there yet but, at least it makes the rest of it possible---------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

.Image

from wiki.
I think Sam is exploiting this.

It's easier to roll something than it is to skid it.

Sam,
Do you have a friend with a camera phone?

ETA
Last edited by WaltzCee on Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walter Clarkson
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

Waltcy ,
I have a flip phone, a jitterbug------------Sam
WaltzCee
Addict
Addict

Post by WaltzCee »

Sam,

I know, you said earlier. Does your girlfriend (or any friend) have a camera phone?
Walter Clarkson
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

It has a camera and yes Waltcy, I do have a friend with a smart phone----------Sam
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Peppiatt
Devotee
Devotee

Post by Sam Peppiatt »

jb, follow up,
I'm trying to understand it myself. When weights fall down they do work. It takes work to lift weights up. The roller on the down side,(as in R & R), lifts the roller up on the up side, That's simple enough.

I think it's the shifting process, weights shifting around inside of the rings, that can do the work, to lift other stuff. I'm not smart enough to explain it correctly. Maybe you can straighten it out-----------------Sam

If you look at Fletchers SIM, you might say, so what, what's the good of it, right? However, it can lift other weights. Enough BS, have go to work, ugg!
Last edited by Sam Peppiatt on Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JUBAT
Aficionado
Aficionado

Post by JUBAT »

I have a J7 Sky Pro if you'd like one Sam. You could take pictures with it, but then you'll need to copy the files to your computer. The camera isn't the best, but I think it to be much better than the Jitterbug picture quality. As long as you have a USB cable and a computer you can copy them over and get WC the pictures he wants. Let me know.